X3TC: Can't equip 25 MJ shields from my own factory

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Tboni

X3TC: Can't equip 25 MJ shields from my own factory

Post by Tboni » Thu, 18. Apr 13, 04:49

[u][/u]

So I build myself some shield factories so that I don't have to search the universe every time I buy a ship. I perform a Manual Trade: Buy to get the shields from my factory to my ship. I know of no other way to do this. The shields are shown under freight but are not equipped.

Is there some other way I should be doing this?

Thank you in advance.

euclid
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by euclid » Thu, 18. Apr 13, 04:55

Deinstall the current shields and then you should have an option "install" if you check the 25ers in your cargo hold. If this does not work then deinstall your current shields, drop the 25ers and scoop then up again.

Cheers Euclid
"In any special doctrine of nature there can be only as much proper science as there is mathematics therein.”
- Immanuel Kant (1724-1804), Metaphysical Foundations of the Science of Nature, 4:470, 1786

Alacard1
x4

Re: X3TC: Can't equip 25 MJ shields from my own factory

Post by Alacard1 » Thu, 18. Apr 13, 05:24

Tboni wrote:I perform a Manual Trade: Buy to get the shields from my factory to my ship... Is there some other way I should be doing this?
If I remember correctly, this is a known bug in all versions of X3. Dock your recipient ship at your Fab and manually transfer over the shields. They should automatically install.

Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin » Thu, 18. Apr 13, 05:27

Any sort of automated trade marks them as cargo rather than equipment unfortunately, so some sort of manual process is required to get them installed. Your only other option (as far as I know) is to add the ship as a waypoint to a CLS delivery ship. Instead of the new ship going to the shield fab the shields get delivered to the ship. If you use something like an M3 for the delivery ship this will probably get your ship equipped faster anyway.
Trapper Tim's Guide to CLS 2

On Her Majesty's Secret Service-Dead is Dead, and he is DEAD

Not a DiD, so I guess it's a DiDn't, the story of my first try at AP
Part One, in progress

HEY! AP!! That's new!!!

johntarmac
x3tc

Post by johntarmac » Thu, 18. Apr 13, 09:55

You could also park a storage ship in the shield factory and transfer the unwanted shields into that, then go to the 'adjust station parameters' and load the new shields into your new ship.
They will then be automatically equipped.

I have my shield factory in the same sector I buy most of my ships and sell the unwanted shields when I outfit the ship at the shipyard.

Cheers

Earth Ultimatum IV.
x4

Post by Earth Ultimatum IV. » Thu, 18. Apr 13, 15:13

Remove all shields from that ship, then transfer the 25 MJs on board, fly somewhere outside, eject the shields and pick them up again.

This trick can also be used if you need to regenerate shields fast.
Eject them and pick up again. Just make sure not to get hit.
(works best with M2 and M1, which regenerate forever)

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Thu, 18. Apr 13, 20:58

Earth ultimatum IV. wrote:Remove all shields from that ship, then transfer the 25 MJs on board, fly somewhere outside, eject the shields and pick them up again....
If he simply transfers the shields from the factory to the ship, they will automatically install. It's only when a shield is bought as a ware using one of the trade commands that they don't install. And this isn't a bug, but a design feature to keep your traders from selling stuff that they normally use.

@Tboni: Just have your unshielded ships dock at your shield complex and use the 'Adjust Station Parameters' option to transfer the shields to your ships.
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”