Hostile Pirates

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

[ArZaKoN]

Hostile Pirates

Post by [ArZaKoN] » Thu, 18. Apr 13, 22:36

Hi, is there any mod or trick to prevent those nasty pirates from attacking you even when you befriend them? I'm using Pirate Guild 3 and I'm on good terms with the Guild and normal pirates, yet every now and then one of my factories in pirate/unknown sectors get attacked by some crazy pirates. After I get rid of them, I take a big hit to my relationship with pirates.

So, as I said, is there any way to really befriend the pirates? With the current AI, sooner or later you'll end up becoming an enemy to them.

Thanks in advance for any advice : )

joelR
x3tc

Re: Hostile Pirates

Post by joelR » Fri, 19. Apr 13, 00:30

[ArZaKoN] wrote:Hi, is there any mod or trick to prevent those nasty pirates from attacking you even when you befriend them? I'm using Pirate Guild 3 and I'm on good terms with the Guild and normal pirates, yet every now and then one of my factories in pirate/unknown sectors get attacked by some crazy pirates. After I get rid of them, I take a big hit to my relationship with pirates.

So, as I said, is there any way to really befriend the pirates? With the current AI, sooner or later you'll end up becoming an enemy to them.

Thanks in advance for any advice : )
This is an unavoidable issue with vanilla. One solution would be to use this script to tweak notoriety loss (and gain) by reducing the damage caused by killing those pirates.

Slow Notoriety by Wercho

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Fri, 19. Apr 13, 01:48

Like real-life criminals, Pirates are not reliable friends. Oh, sure, they will become your "friends" quickly enough *if* you do some missions for them. But they will just as quickly drop you if you shoot one of them... and your apologies fall on deaf ears.

At best, you can maintain a tenuous "peace" with them, but it requires constant maintenance. You will have to do a mission or two every time you kill one... it's just the way it is.

Yaki, on the other hand, make better friends than enemies. They are not very challenging as enemies, but they are the most reliable friends in the game. I'm just sayin... ;)

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”