Ships that don't require Notoriety.

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Clock_Work
x3ap

Ships that don't require Notoriety.

Post by Clock_Work » Sat, 20. Apr 13, 02:49

I just started Albion Prelude today and I'm loving it. I started the Argon Trader (or something like that) start. The one where you get a mercury and discoverer. So I sold the mercury at the argon prime shipyard and booked it straight to Seize Well where i got a nice 12 million on the stock market. I also got some trade rank which is nice. I now want to buy a station and start building my empire. The problem is that I have no reputation at all!

The Argon Federation will only sell me another discoverer which won't really help me at all. Also this Discoverer I'm stuck in, although it has full equipment, it has no weapons. So doing assassin missions is out of the question. Even with IRE's unless I'm supposed to assassinate space flies I will fail.

Does anyone know where I can buy a nice fighter or TS class ship so I can start to gain some reputation? Money is not really a factor.

TTD
x4

Post by TTD » Sat, 20. Apr 13, 03:05

That is because you have not traded much or done any missions etc to gain the ranks you would have had,if you had obtained that amount of credits the "normal" way.

So go earn your ranks.

Simoom
x4

Post by Simoom » Sat, 20. Apr 13, 03:08

An hour or two doing missions for a race will easily make most ships/stations purchasable to you. :)

Check your Pilot information window for your current racial ranks. Here's an index of all the ranks for all the races: http://www.x3wiki.com/index.php/Reputation

Echofinder
x3tc

Post by Echofinder » Sat, 20. Apr 13, 03:15

With a bit of work for the Teladi, you can obtain a Kestrel, which is better than the Disco in almost every regard. You can mount PACs on it, so you can whittle down anything M3 or smaller. and possibly get a bail

For now, obtain a Cargo Life Support System and do some passenger missions. That should gain the notoriety you need.

Atkara
x3tc

Post by Atkara » Sat, 20. Apr 13, 05:27

You can also choose NOT to shoot at the Pirates or the Yaki for the time being, then locate the Yaki shipyard and do some shopping ;)

Clock_Work
x3ap

Post by Clock_Work » Sat, 20. Apr 13, 19:07

Yes! That's what I was looking for Atkara. I haven't shot at the pirates yet... cause I have nothing to shoot at them with. What sector is the Yaki shipyard in?

x3tc

Post by 5150 » Sat, 20. Apr 13, 19:39

I had a similar start in TC

Initially all my larger ships were Yaki

Clock_Work
x3ap

Post by Clock_Work » Sat, 20. Apr 13, 19:40

I don't care about spoilers. JUST TELL ME WHERE THEIR SHIPYARD IS! :lol:

TTD
x4

Post by TTD » Sat, 20. Apr 13, 19:43

Clock_Work wrote:Yes! That's what I was looking for Atkara. I haven't shot at the pirates yet... cause I have nothing to shoot at them with. What sector is the Yaki shipyard in?
Is there a Yaki shipyard in Reunion?
Not played that for a long time.

In TC/AP it is in Senator's Badlands.

Clock_Work
x3ap

Post by Clock_Work » Sat, 20. Apr 13, 19:50

TTD wrote:
Clock_Work wrote:Yes! That's what I was looking for Atkara. I haven't shot at the pirates yet... cause I have nothing to shoot at them with. What sector is the Yaki shipyard in?
Is there a Yaki shipyard in Reunion?
Not played that for a long time.

In TC/AP it is in Senator's Badlands.
Well that's not as bad of a trip as I expected. I hope the Paranid like me enough to let me through Paranid prime. Otherwise Its gonna be quite the way to go around.

Thank you for your help gentlemen! Much love.

x3tc

Post by 5150 » Sat, 20. Apr 13, 19:51

Clock_Work wrote: Well that's not as bad of a trip as I expected. I hope the Paranid like me enough to let me through Paranid prime. Otherwise Its gonna be quite the way to go around.

Isn't it in a dead end? How were you planning to go around?

Aragosnat
x4

Post by Aragosnat » Sat, 20. Apr 13, 21:29

5150 wrote:
Clock_Work wrote: Well that's not as bad of a trip as I expected. I hope the Paranid like me enough to let me through Paranid prime. Otherwise Its gonna be quite the way to go around.

Isn't it in a dead end? How were you planning to go around?
I would expect by taking the shorter route that invoulves less Paranid sectors? Just my take on it.
Chain Maille Armor
Profitzz
May this spacefly bother you.
[ external image ]
TC: 32+ Squidie (Steam DiD) deaths and counting since around June 18, 2012.

Gold Dragon
x3tc

Post by Gold Dragon » Sun, 21. Apr 13, 03:02

IIRC, there is no Yaki SY in Reunion. It was added in TC, or mods.
-- GD

Fulgrymm
x4

Post by Fulgrymm » Sun, 21. Apr 13, 05:57

There is no way to get to Senator's Badlands without first passing through Paranid space. You have to go through Empire's Edge to get to it.

x3tc

Post by 5150 » Sun, 21. Apr 13, 08:58

Clock_Work wrote: Does anyone know where I can buy a nice fighter or TS class ship so I can start to gain some reputation? Money is not really a factor.
Yaki don't do a TS BTW, the closest they have is a TM.

Shortest route through Paranid space is from Argon space (Emperor Mines - Paranid Prime - Empire's Edge), so if you have a rep issue I'd suggest getting a fast M5 with a jump drive and buying a TM once you get there so you can jump your M5 and your new M3 out in the TM (bear in mind the Yaki may not have any SPP so you'll need to take enough energy for the return jump in the M5)
Gold Dragon wrote:IIRC, there is no Yaki SY in Reunion. It was added in TC, or mods.
Pretty sure he's asking about AP

Clock_Work
x3ap

Post by Clock_Work » Sun, 21. Apr 13, 09:08

You CAN avoid going through Paranid Prime. If you go from Split Fire South all the way to Emperors Ridge then go straight West to Savage Spur and then again South to Senators badlands. Its a much longer way but you don't get shot at if you don't have the rep :wink:

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”