[TC] ATF rep and capping (also Deca question)

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

x3tc

[TC] ATF rep and capping (also Deca question)

Post by 5150 » Mon, 22. Apr 13, 17:45

Hi,

I believe I saw somewhere that ATF rep and Terran rep were [now] linked and that capping ATF ships will lower Terran rep as well as ATF rep.

My question is if the reverse is true as my ATF rep is [currently] capped as I haven't completed the last mission of the Terran plot yet but my concern is that if I decide to cap any ATF capitals I won't be able to recover from the rep loss (unless gaining Terran rep also gains ATF rep once the plot is complete?)

On an unrelated note can anyone confirm how many marines you are given for the final mission of the Terran plot to board Deca?

I'm assuming it's 20 but all the ones I got given went straight into training and I can't remember. I only want to send the bear minimum in the initial capping attempt (I've read that people managed the initial cap with the marines they were given)

Thanks

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Mon, 22. Apr 13, 17:57

ATF and Terran rep are now completely linked in X3AP. In X3TC the ATF rep is set by progress in the Terran plot while Terran rep is improved/lost in the usual ways as for other races.

For the #Deca bit I think you get one (more) Scabbard, so you can't gain more than 10 (more) Terran marines. Don't forget you got one lot for the Vidar.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Aragosnat
x4

Post by Aragosnat » Mon, 22. Apr 13, 19:36

Alan Phipps wrote:ATF and Terran rep are now completely linked in X3AP. In X3TC the ATF rep is set by progress in the Terran plot while Terran rep is improved/lost in the usual ways as for other races.

For the #Deca bit I think you get one (more) Scabbard, so you can't gain more than 10 (more) Terran marines. Don't forget you got one lot for the Vidar.
The one for the Vidar I got CW marine from the Vidar Mission.

Back to OP. What Alen says it right. From what I heard was that the min needed might be around 3 Stars in all areas and certainly 4 stars for re-capping it if you where able to be the one that capped it first. The Sirokos from the OTAS HQ grind could help out by launching 21 marines if you feel the need for it.
Chain Maille Armor
Profitzz
May this spacefly bother you.
[ external image ]
TC: 32+ Squidie (Steam DiD) deaths and counting since around June 18, 2012.

Nyito
x4

Post by Nyito » Mon, 22. Apr 13, 21:31

For capping the #deca, I initially tried with a team of 'meatbags', 20 marines with 0 star fight, but maxed everything else, with the same idea. They failed every time, because the #deca spawned with 12 marines with 3-5 fight skill on board. I ended up having to send 15 meatbags and 5 maxed out elites to manage the initial capture. I don't think it would go too well with the untrained marines you get for free during the plot, without, well, training them up.

Snafu_X3
x3tc

Post by Snafu_X3 » Mon, 22. Apr 13, 22:50

Nyito wrote:For capping the #deca, I initially tried with a team of 'meatbags', 20 marines with 0 star fight, but maxed everything else, with the same idea. They failed every time, because the #deca spawned with 12 marines with 3-5 fight skill on board.
This is, of course, random; you /could/ get lucky, but it's normal for the #deca to have at least 5 marines on board
I ended up having to send 15 meatbags and 5 maxed out elites to manage the initial capture. I don't think it would go too well with the untrained marines you get for free during the plot, without, well, training them up.
.. which you can't do, because once spawned (& you get your Terran marines) there's a time limit on how long you've got 'till boarding happens automatically.. & this is /way/ too short to train even 1 quick course :(

Nice thought, but your best bet is still to follow the guide here: http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?p=3031483
Wiki X:R 1st Tit capping
Wiki X3:TC vanilla: Guide to generic missions, Guide to finding & capping Aran
Never played AP; all X3 advice is based on vanilla+bonus pack TC or before: AP has not changed much WRT general advice.

I know how to spell teladiuminumiumium, I just don't know when to stop!

Dom (Wiki Moderator) 8-) DxDiag

x3tc

Post by 5150 » Tue, 23. Apr 13, 08:39

Snafu_X3 wrote:
Nyito wrote:I ended up having to send 15 meatbags and 5 maxed out elites to manage the initial capture. I don't think it would go too well with the untrained marines you get for free during the plot, without, well, training them up.
.. which you can't do, because once spawned (& you get your Terran marines) there's a time limit on how long you've got 'till boarding happens automatically.. & this is /way/ too short to train even 1 quick course :(

Nice thought, but your best bet is still to follow the guide here: http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?p=3031483
Pretty sure you can as that's the point I'm at (at least with the set given to you for the Vidar cap) I've got the Vidar (and thus at least the first batch of marines) but I haven't yet spoke to the guy in The Moon to trigger the section where you jump to Aldrin.

What I couldn't remember is if I've been given/was given any more marines since the Vidar cap (hence the original Deca question as I wondered if it was possible to cap Deca with 10 meatbags)

Snafu_X3
x3tc

Post by Snafu_X3 » Tue, 23. Apr 13, 16:33

5150 wrote:Pretty sure you can as that's the point I'm at (at least with the set given to you for the Vidar cap) I've got the Vidar (and thus at least the first batch of marines) but I haven't yet spoke to the guy in The Moon to trigger the section where you jump to Aldrin.
That's why I specified /Terran/ marines - you only get 10 in the whole game & they're given to you shortly after the #deca spawns
What I couldn't remember is if I've been given/was given any more marines since the Vidar cap (hence the original Deca question as I wondered if it was possible to cap Deca with 10 meatbags)
IIRC you're only ever given 20 marines in the game (other than those randomly appearing on ships you buy, or certain plots such as PP); a random set of CW marines for the Vidar & 10 Terran marines for the #deca. You have to source marines yourself for all other plot missions that require them
Wiki X:R 1st Tit capping
Wiki X3:TC vanilla: Guide to generic missions, Guide to finding & capping Aran
Never played AP; all X3 advice is based on vanilla+bonus pack TC or before: AP has not changed much WRT general advice.

I know how to spell teladiuminumiumium, I just don't know when to stop!

Dom (Wiki Moderator) 8-) DxDiag

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”