Yet another Xenon L capping thread ...

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Alareth
x4

Yet another Xenon L capping thread ...

Post by Alareth » Tue, 23. Apr 13, 06:35

I've been playing X3AP off and on for a little over a year now and in all that time, I've gotten exactly 1 of them to bail, which was promptly destroyed by the Argon RRF ...

Now my question is, do they bail in OOS?

For example, if I have units patrolling in Getsu Fune with flak weapons is there a chance for a bail if I'm not there?

nponoBegHuk
x4

Post by nponoBegHuk » Tue, 23. Apr 13, 07:07

I'm not sure whether bail algorithms changed that much since TC (in my experience they didn't at all http://puu.sh/2BrQh ), but It's pretty safe to assume that they remain the same.

If that's the case (unless someone proves otherwise), you can only make ships bail from attacks of the ship you're personally flying.

Most Xenon ships have high morale (26-29) which makes them extremely difficult to get to bail (0-2%), unless you want to go to the dark side, learn bail mechanics and take advantage of it.

If you're not afraid that knowledge of such stuff will spoil the game forever, follow the next link, but don't say I didn't warn you :

http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php? ... 52#3598952
Fast sector selection on the Universe Map | Rock locations for Mobile/OOS mining | Botting for max speed Hyperion | Complete list of ship sources | Capturing smaller ships

My current ship collection:
11 out of 11 *retired* ships found
17 out of 17 *unique* ships found
9 out of 9 *limited* ships found
16 out of 16 *rare* ships found

x3tc

Post by 5150 » Tue, 23. Apr 13, 08:40

Thanks for the link, I had a go at capping a couple of L's and an LX at the weekend and failed miserably - probably because I was chipping away at the hull slowly.

Ripskar
x3ap

Post by Ripskar » Tue, 23. Apr 13, 18:31

With Xenon my preferred method is just to take a ship equipped with FAA or SSC for a trawl through a Xenon Sector. This vessel is usually also equipped with a Hangar, Transporter Device, Docking Computer and System Override Software.
Once I've completed the trawl there is a fair probability that one or two will have bailed and it's simply a matter of snaffling them into the hanger before any extra Xenon can intervene, drawing them away first if necessary. No RRF involved.
Do you miss dangerous pirates?
Try leading the target a little more...

ImageCobra Mk. III Cmdr.

Alareth
x4

Post by Alareth » Wed, 24. Apr 13, 10:29

And it's DONE.

I went into Xenon Sector 534 in a Cerberus fully loaded with FAA on every hardpoint and a Tiger with IBL's to deal with the bigger targets and had a bit of a showdown.

I finally got one to bail but I was getting overwhelmed so I jumped back into Getso Fune and had the M7's take up a defensive position at the gate and hopped back in with a Mamba Raider and played bait by leading smaller groups into my ambush on the other side of the gate.

Once the P's and Q's were dealt with, I had the M7's move in to cover the area while I claimed the L and docked it on the Cerberus.

Starlight_Corporation
x4

Post by Starlight_Corporation » Wed, 24. Apr 13, 10:59

Congratulations Alareth, always great to hear about players deploying their assets to accomplish a goal.
I do wonder what those Xenon must have tought, someone deploying an entire taskforce just to capture one of their fighters.

x3tc

Post by 5150 » Wed, 24. Apr 13, 11:28

Starlight_Corporation wrote:Congratulations Alareth, always great to hear about players deploying their assets to accomplish a goal.
I do wonder what those Xenon must have tought, someone deploying an entire taskforce just to capture one of their fighters.
They don't get happy, they don't get sad they just run program!

(points for anyone who get's the slightly paraphrased movie reference)

Stephen_Garlick
x3tc

Post by Stephen_Garlick » Wed, 24. Apr 13, 11:58

yeah those Xenon probably thought some crazy things when an entire task force showed up for that "L". :D They'll be plotting in the future, I would watch out... :wink:

[ external image ]

Simoom
x4

Post by Simoom » Wed, 24. Apr 13, 21:12

I've seen plenty of Xenon fighters bail - the fact that they usually come in huge swarms kinda counteracts the low bail chance. I often leave a fight with one or two M's and L's adrift (not using any special "bail weapons" either - 6xISR's and 2xPBG's - I think PBG's in particular gives a very high bail chance, based on my observation in "Stolen Ship" missions. It may have to do with the fact that it hits so quickly, so induces a lot of morale checks. I don't recall reading PBG's having the same "bail chance penalty" that applies to Ion Disruptors, which also attack constantly but only has 4% chance to induce a bail check per attack)

If there's a particular ship you want, you can always get it in your sights, save, then just keep shooting it & reload until it bails. :P Typically an easier tactic for getting those prestigious LX's to bail.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”