[TC] Player-owned IBL forge - reality or myth?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

nponoBegHuk
x4

[TC] Player-owned IBL forge - reality or myth?

Post by nponoBegHuk » Wed, 1. May 13, 07:33

I like to collect all kinds of rare stuff in X3 games. Of course, capping a TL with NPC-only stations is on my must-be-done list. Armed with vigor and average internet-search capabilities, I quickly found out that pretty much everything terran (including eempc forges) is obtainable if you have time to spend. You can get PBG forge and marine training barracks aswell.

The source of that information is a russian forum of dedicated X3 players at http://x3tc.ru/x3_forum/?tid=1236 . However, on that very thread it has been stated that IBL forge is an exception to the general rule, and will not respawn if you blow it up (which prevents you from effectively obtaining it yourself by capping a TL).

I decided to check official forums aswell for related info https://www.google.es/search?q=ibl+forg ... gosoft.com and found couple of posts suggesting that a Ryu should eventually carry an IBL forge back to Weaver's Tempest from Yaki Shipyard. I've blown up that IBL forges on purpose, hoping to trigger the redeploy algorithm, but with no luck so far.

Thus, I decided to ask for confirmation from the community: has anyone actually managed to capture that Ryu with IBL forge onboard in vanilla TC or not?

If it's indeed doable, then I'll be very grateful for details like:

-Do you remember version of the client you've been using at that time?
-Were you organizing a capture specifically or found TL by chance?
-If you blown the stations up, how long did it take for the TL to get down to work on redeployment?
-Was it really a Ryu carrying it from Yaki Shipyard or another TL / flying from another sector?

There should be another IBL forge in LooManckStrat's Legacy, maybe someone captured that one? in that case what kind of TL it was and where was it delivering the station from?

Of course, if you tried to get hold of an IBL forge yourself but failed, I'd like to hear your story aswell.

On a side note: if anyone needs translation on how to capture terran stations, I could help with that.
Fast sector selection on the Universe Map | Rock locations for Mobile/OOS mining | Botting for max speed Hyperion | Complete list of ship sources | Capturing smaller ships

My current ship collection:
11 out of 11 *retired* ships found
17 out of 17 *unique* ships found
9 out of 9 *limited* ships found
16 out of 16 *rare* ships found

Stephen_Garlick
x3tc

Post by Stephen_Garlick » Wed, 1. May 13, 08:38

Yeah I remember years ago on the site that its very possible. It takes a long time before the IBL is replaced. They recommended putting it in SETA and waiting for the IBL to be rebuilt, then reload closest to the time and cap it.
But I think they also had no success at it sometimes as well, something about it not being on gods queue.

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Wed, 1. May 13, 19:34

First, it doesn't have to be Yaki or a Ryu. It can also happen with the IBL forge in Loomanckstrat's Legacy, and that's often delivered by a Teladi or other Commonwealth TL. However, I think you only get one chance at it. That's been my experience with the PBG forge in Danna's Chance, anyway. The pirates seem to only rebuild it once.

For instance, in my current game, that forge was blown up around game day 2, rebuilt around game day 4, blown up again, and I'm now at game day 9+ and it hasn't been rebuilt. Same with the Rehab Center in the same sector, although I've never seen one of those rebuilt, anywhere.
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”