X3:R problem in Argon Prime

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

dogboy122
x4

X3:R problem in Argon Prime

Post by dogboy122 » Thu, 2. May 13, 23:36

In my X3:R saved game, in Argon Prime there are 2 Perseus fighters who are always hostile. With no "sorry for weapons fire" dialogue option, they'll stop at nothing to kill me. The ships are being piloted by Paranid, but they're simply called "Perseus" and not "Paranid Perseus". In my sub-par Teladi Falcon, and my horrible flying skills, these guys are proving impossible to get rid of. And the military and police completely ignore them, my relations aren't hostile with the Paranid, so whats going on? and how can I get rid of them? :lol:

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Thu, 2. May 13, 23:52

We need a bit more info, such as what gamestart you used, how long you've been playing, what missions you've attempted, how far along you are in the plot, etc.
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

euclid
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by euclid » Thu, 2. May 13, 23:59

If you have problems to kill them by yourself then there is a nice way to involve "others" to help you:

Get their attention (a missile will do just fine) and then try to bring a station (shipyard, eq dock or trading station pref.) between you and the attacker. Sometimes (depends what type of station you use) it is possible to navigate carefully "between" the station (reads: some gap in the outer construction).

As a result the attackers will hit the station and that should trigger a response by the corresponding race (Argon in you case).

Good luck :)

Cheers Euclid
"In any special doctrine of nature there can be only as much proper science as there is mathematics therein.”
- Immanuel Kant (1724-1804), Metaphysical Foundations of the Science of Nature, 4:470, 1786

dogboy122
x4

Post by dogboy122 » Thu, 2. May 13, 23:59

I've done the non-plot custom start. Now that you mention missions I remember failing a mission for this one Paranid guy before. Maybe he hired hitmen 0_0

dogboy122
x4

Post by dogboy122 » Fri, 3. May 13, 00:02

euclid wrote:If you have problems to kill them by yourself then there is a nice way to involve "others" to help you:

Get their attention (a missile will do just fine) and then try to bring a station (shipyard, eq dock or trading station pref.) between you and the attacker. Sometimes (depends what type of station you use) it is possible to navigate carefully "between" the station (reads: some gap in the outer construction).

As a result the attackers will hit the station and that should trigger a response by the corresponding race (Argon in you case).

Good luck :)

Cheers Euclid
I've done that with pirates before and it works like a charm, but with these guys I can even take cover behind Argon One and let her soak damage, and the military acts like nothing is happening.

euclid
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by euclid » Fri, 3. May 13, 00:08

Okey...this points to a mission related issue. As you've mentioned above you have failed one Paranid mission and these two guys are probably the bodyguards.

There is no other way then killing them. Only Xenon or K'aak would attack them but they won't follow you through gates. Try hit & run (hiding behind objects) or kite (using missiles).

Cheers Euclid
"In any special doctrine of nature there can be only as much proper science as there is mathematics therein.”
- Immanuel Kant (1724-1804), Metaphysical Foundations of the Science of Nature, 4:470, 1786

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Fri, 3. May 13, 01:06

Hmm, it does sound like an assassination mission. As I recall, those missions in Reunion had 'non-race' participants, in that you didn't lose rep with the race they supposedly belonged to. And as such, the race militaries don't respond to them at all. That was a design feature to keep the races from killing the target before you got there. You've found one of the side effects of that design.
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

dogboy122
x4

Post by dogboy122 » Fri, 3. May 13, 01:17

Yup, Nanook, I think that's it, right now Im currently sitting in Split Fire looking for a Pirate Nova to capture and show those guys the door (or jumpgate) with.

Larxyz
x3tc

Post by Larxyz » Fri, 3. May 13, 06:46

try flying through tight spots with lots of sptrouty thingies. like the argon trading station or among a cluster of asteroids.
If you time it right, you might squash them with the moving thingy on the argon trading station. :)

dogboy122
x4

Post by dogboy122 » Fri, 3. May 13, 21:00

Lol I hid in the Argon Trade station, and popped out to PSG them to death one-by-one. Whoever they were they're space dust now.

euclid
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by euclid » Sat, 4. May 13, 00:17

GZ !! :thumb_up:

Cheers Euclid

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”