Fix for OOS exploration?

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Braekyn
x3ap

Fix for OOS exploration?

Post by Braekyn » Fri, 3. May 13, 00:47

I don't know why, but sometimes I've had this issue, sometimes I haven't. Right now though, unless I'm watching the sector map manually, my ships won't "Discover" any stations or gates if they are out exploring OOS. I've seen references to the issue before, but as it hadn't been a problem for me at that point, I didn't look very carefully, and searching didn't come up with anything.

Is there a known solution/cause for this happening? Is there a script/mod to fix it?

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Fri, 3. May 13, 01:12

Are you using the Explorer software to do the exploration, or simply telling the ships to go to a sector? Your ships simply flying through a sector won't 'see' anything unless you're watching them. That's what the Explorer software is supposed to fix.
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

Braekyn
x3ap

Post by Braekyn » Fri, 3. May 13, 01:55

I'm using the Automated Satellite script.

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Fri, 3. May 13, 07:19

The vanilla "Create satellite network" command is pretty basic. It just places satellites. If gates are inside the satellite's scan radius, then you will see them.

Galaxy Explorer is more sophisticated.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”