[MOD][X3:AP/TC] Super Player Headquarter V1.0

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Zeron-mk7
x3

[MOD][X3:AP/TC] Super Player Headquarter V1.0

Post by Zeron-mk7 » Sun, 12. May 13, 10:12

Super Player Headquarter V1.0 for X3AP and X3TC
=====================================
[ external image ]

Super Player Headquarter mod replace vanilla Player Headquarter station model.

Station has internal docking and 32 capital ships docks.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This mod does not trigger a "modified" in the player statistics.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Compatible with all mods, who does not change the vanilla Player Headquarter station.

IMPORTANT:
Read README file before using this mod.

Installation:
Mod must be installed as "False patch".

=======================
Super Player Headquarter link
=======================

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Thu, 16. May 13, 15:25

That design looks pretty complex. I like it, but it worries me from a playability standpoint.

Have you actually docked 32 capital ships to it without collisions when the player is in sector ? What happens when capital ships undock while the others are docking at the same time, especially the player ?

What is the biggest size that docks internally ?

Zeron-mk7
x3

Post by Zeron-mk7 » Fri, 17. May 13, 19:04

apricotslice wrote:Have you actually docked 32 capital ships to it without collisions when the player is in sector ?
As I write in the README file:
Station model is very huge, therefore add station only into the empty sector in the sector center.
Game engine doesn't like, when many capital ships docking and undocking into the 1 station at same time, therefore don't docked and undocked many capital ships at same time.
I tested several times - I docked and undocked all 32 capital ships at the same time into the station, only in few cases some of capital ships crashing into the station and other ships.
I can't guarantee that, all ships always will docking and undocking safety without crashing into the station or other ships.

Therefore using this mod on your own risk.
I tested 32 ships docking and undocking with Teladi Albatros ships.
apricotslice wrote:What is the biggest size that docks internally ?
Internally can docking: M5 - M6, M8, TM class ships.

Here is station ships docking scheme:
[ external image ]

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Fri, 17. May 13, 21:44

Nice!

Regarding the issue with collisions, I wonder why it is so popular to have docking arms for capital ships in X3? It would be more realistic-looking without them. In real life, large ships dock at mooring points at some distance from the actual wharf. Only small ships actually touch the wharf. In most sci-fi TV and movies, capital ships usually do the same -- there are no docking arms for the big ships. Goods are transferred between mooring point and the host via teleportation or shuttles.

Do you take requests, Zeron-mk7? I would love to see an update to Advanced Complex Hub with more than two capital ship docking points.

Zeron-mk7
x3

Post by Zeron-mk7 » Sun, 19. May 13, 12:57

DrBullwinkle wrote:Do you take requests, Zeron-mk7? I would love to see an update to Advanced Complex Hub with more than two capital ship docking points.
I accepted your request. About your request - discussion is moving to this topic [x3:tc/ap] - Mod Requests/ideas

Munchbold
x3fl

Post by Munchbold » Wed, 25. Jul 18, 03:43

Thanks a bunch for this, exactly what I was looking for. It always annoyed me how the Argon have these two giant, flashy shipyards in Cloudbase South East and Legends Home and you get an oversized antenna.

How am I supposed to run a megacorp with a puny space phallus?

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”