Come back! Utilize / repair debris script has fallen down the black hole of neglect.

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

jessterg
x3tc

Come back! Utilize / repair debris script has fallen down the black hole of neglect.

Post by jessterg » Sun, 12. May 13, 15:21

Does anyone have a fresh file to upload or perhaps make a new script to utilize the station and ship debris as in Prez End and a few other places? I really loved that back when to clean up the sector and make it my own. I guess I can just "kill" the stuff with Grax script I just found claiming to be able to destroy the junk.. :cry: Waste not . . . Thanks ahead of time.

It would be real nice if the good old scripters could refresh their scripts that have also fallen down the hole of disuse. (Ie. file sharing sites no longer carry them.)

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Sun, 12. May 13, 20:12

If you post in the correct thread then we might have a chance of guessing which script you are talking about.

Vayde
x3tc

Post by Vayde » Sun, 12. May 13, 22:47

Still life in the old dog yet...

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Sun, 12. May 13, 22:52

He may (or may not) mean the thread that you linked, but he should still post in the correct thread. If he did, then the script author would get an email -- and could update the link!

jessterg
x3tc

Post by jessterg » Mon, 13. May 13, 02:00

He--I do indeed mean that one and so sorry. That was my first post, Dr. B so please excuse my ignorance. And Vayde was correct and thank you, Vayde. Unfortunately, I find that you old X-verse guys have moved on to other things and we new guys know very little about all the ins and outs. Therefore, Dr. B, http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=232573 is the one I was after. Also, since you are the go to guy at the moment, Dr. in Cycrows scripts and cheats package, there were many such links that were expired or no longer active for downloading. ( Community Scripts, Mission Director, and Mods Library) Just an observation of the age of the scripts and mods.
Or, I just had a wee thought, are all of the community scripts installed? As in, I have to open them with the script editor rather than download the script? Going to investigate that avenue, Dr B. I haven't used the script editor yet so I am going to try and figure that out using the Tutorial Opening The Script Editor.
It seems I remember something from an LV post about instructions some time ago.
Another thought. Apricot slice mods and scripts and Cycrow's, do they work in conjunction or does one take precedence since the Ap-Slice Superbox are in a different file type?

Latest update: 2012-10-08

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Mon, 13. May 13, 04:01

I'm not trying to give you a hard time, jester, but if you post in the correct thread then the guy who can help you (the author) will get your message, so that he can update his links. If the author is not available, then other people who watch that thread (and who may have a copy of the script) will also get your message. It is the best way to get help.

All scripts and mods must be installed somehow. Some do conflict; most do not.

Here are some helpful tips and links to get you started:

Installation Tips: Plugin Manager (PM), LV's Tutorial, Artificial Life Plugins (ALP's)

TTD
x4

Post by TTD » Mon, 13. May 13, 22:55

This has highlighted a recuring problem.

So many good scripts and mods listed in these forum pages are old and no longer supported,or as in the case above,the link is now dead.

There are one or two external s/m repositories,but it is often hard to find a link for the s/m you may be looking for.

I kept a copy of every s/m I downloaded and used,some of which I can't get now.
And unfortunately I lost them all when my Hard-drive failed.

I expect it is beyond the scope of many , to find all the s/m's that still work with the latest versions of X-games, but a single repository would be good.

If I had the funds and tech-know how,then I would willingly do my best to set one up.
Unfortunately I am not in a good position to do so.

jessterg
x3tc

Post by jessterg » Tue, 14. May 13, 01:58

Let me try to make things clearer. I have had computer problems and have lost my config start up-whatever file and have reloaded TC several times with all of the patches scripts recommended ie. cycrows PM, his scripts and libraries, Apricot Slices superbox, Dr. B's and LV's scripts and so on . . . successfully mind you and I wanted to get back to the point I was before the crashes.. I successfully downloaded, installed and use the scripts and mods but am missing some of my favs that I used and now cannot get back to that wonderful point because the things I once known and used I cannot locate or as TTD noted the same problems as I am experiencing that the links are dead. It is nice to know I am not the only victim of Chaos and Entropy. Thanks TTD.

At issue for me is that after getting to the SE is how to actually use the load or execute that the opened dialog box says I should be able to use. Again, as I mentioned in my last post I was going to try and use the SE to find and hopefully do things on my own looking in the script files and trying to use the "l(oad)" and or "r" (execute) but all that did was to open up another dialog box full of lines of code or a box with what looks like command functions. Nothing happened. I distinctly remember years ago that there was a forum post about how to "use" the editor but I cannot find that thread anywhere There is no explaination how to use them.
I used the search and advanced search to try to find it but it only takes me to scripts and modding threads (to what you, Dr. B have mentioned to look up--been there done that several times over. I am way beyond the starting point since I have been using the modified games since I found out how to use the scripts and cheats.) When I go to a thread that I think is what I need the posts go way off base and tangents. Just revisited some at this time just to be sure, a couple that I missed that have just popped up.

??? Dr. B., Is there another thread that is buried in the years of the forum? I cannot find it and so I posted the question. For some reason Vayde and TTD understands my situation and you Dr. B. can not. Not blasting you mind FOR REALS!

Here is a question that I need to know: When I downloaded the [2008-11-07] X3TC Cheat Package by Cycrow} are any of these scripts included?

community scrip files (Posted: Tue, 14. Oct 08, 11:43 Post subject: [Index] Community Script & Mod Download Library for X3: Terran Conflict
Community Scripts, Mission Director, and Mods Library)Posted: Tue, 14. Oct 08, 11:49 Post subject:
[2008-12-16] Tutorial Opening The Script Editor ask questions in this thread for problems opening the SE

Community Download List (1/2) . . . .
Are all these in the Community Package
I presumed that all of these from the list must first be downloaded since many are newer than Cycrows cheat package of '08. I assumed that the package contained the scripts but as I looked into the SE I did not see the ones I wanted. Thus the download attempt and dead links and thus my question. Thus my attempt to use the SE to find and activate the script [2009-01-26] Debris Repair and Utilization by Xenon J (Conversion by X420TokeAlot)
Dr B, Sadly, even the links that you pointed me to like LVS thread are also dead.
Really, I do appreciate the constructive criticism, though perhaps one should not presume another to be a complete noob. I did mention that
:wink:
At the end of my last post I asked this question: Another thought. Apricot slice mods and scripts and Cycrow's, do they work in conjunction or does one take precedence since the Ap-Slice Superbox are in a different file type?

Should I post that in another topic? Or go to Apricot Slice's forum?

jessterg
x3tc

Post by jessterg » Tue, 14. May 13, 04:36

I was looking around and thought that since I might not be able to get the Debris repair and utilization i'd just get rid of the debris. I just ran into this thread: Posted: Sat, 11. Sep 10, 23:43 Post subject: [MOD] No Station Wrecks [2010-09-11]
No Station Wrecks

Simple fake patch mod that removes station wrecks.

Download: No Station Wrecks

Packaged as spk so no messing around with renaming the file, the plugin manager will do it automatically.

All credit goes to djrygar for the actual mod, I just packaged it.

LATER:
ptb_ptb wrote:
I'm sure I remember another mod that removed station debris ... I can't find it now, though.

I'm just going to try this out with X3 AP.

Tried it out - station wrecks still appear*. :-(
Anyone else tried this in X3 AP?

* Xenon Nexus and Xenon Shipyard so far.

At the end of the thread:

DrBullwinkle

Show Avatar

Posted: Fri, 16. Nov 12, 21:05 Post subject:
This mod changes TDocksWrecks and TFactoriesWrecks. It is based on the TC versions of those files. If you want to use it with AP, then you should update the AP versions of those files with changes similar to those in the mod.

Use a file-merge tool such as: WinMerge (Free), Beyond Compare (Better, but not free), or Araxis Merge (Best at some tasks, but expensive) to make the job easier.

Dr B. Is there a script to get rid of the debris? (Sorry about the copying. I don't know how to get the quote deal working like you pros.)[/b][/quote]

joelR
x3tc

Post by joelR » Tue, 14. May 13, 04:54

Alternatively you could use TESCGs script, Salvage Command Software.

http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=223882

It has a feature that allows you to salvage ship and station debris like the ones you find in Presidents end.

jessterg
x3tc

Post by jessterg » Tue, 14. May 13, 05:32

I swear I looked that over but missed that!! I downloaded another salvaging package--perhaps two but those ones would not let me utilize the debris
Huge thanks for that. Downloaded it and shall read the manual. TOMMOROW! Bedtime for me.) Thanks again, JoelR.

jessterg
x3tc

Post by jessterg » Thu, 16. May 13, 00:28

JoelR, thanks again but you are only half correct. I actually did install the TESCG script and it does not allow the player to salvage . I contacted the TESCG team after reading the manual and asked if the player could do the salvaging. Steven Nunn replied: "You can salvage ships, crates and rocks manually, but ship and station debris is done through NPC players only."
Darn. Had a neat scenario using a script that TLs can use teleporter to buy and sell wares at any station along with the salvaged debris. Now I'll have to purchase the intermediary price to salvage and repair and share the wealth! Double darn and blast! I still hope to perhaps contact or have someone who knows the person that created the script I was originally looking for.

joelR
x3tc

Post by joelR » Thu, 16. May 13, 02:02

jessterg wrote:JoelR, thanks again but you are only half correct. I actually did install the TESCG script and it does not allow the player to salvage . I contacted the TESCG team after reading the manual and asked if the player could do the salvaging. Steven Nunn replied: "You can salvage ships, crates and rocks manually, but ship and station debris is done through NPC players only."
Darn. Had a neat scenario using a script that TLs can use teleporter to buy and sell wares at any station along with the salvaged debris. Now I'll have to purchase the intermediary price to salvage and repair and share the wealth! Double darn and blast! I still hope to perhaps contact or have someone who knows the person that created the script I was originally looking for.
You do realize though that once the salvagers are done doing their jobs they leave salvageable containers. Am I misunderstanding you?

jessterg
x3tc

Post by jessterg » Thu, 16. May 13, 04:40

Yeah. Right now I am having one of the hyperion salvagers repair a station for 100,000. I thought I hit the cheat to do it for nothing but it still said the price. Whatever. The kicker is that it will take 16 1/2 hours to accomplish it. :? :( I'll have to see about scrapping a station. The manual said you can do one project at a time.
On a side note I did find the guy who converted the debris repair and utilize script and emailed him about getting the script. Here's hoping! I guess there are pros and cons for everything but in the end I'm getting what I want. How do you do the quote thing by the way?
Thanks for getting back to me by the way.

Vayde
x3tc

Post by Vayde » Thu, 16. May 13, 20:20

Highlighting what JoelR was saying. TESCG's salvage package lets you hire NPC's to salvage station and ship debris. Then they package it all up into collectable crates for you to slurp up.
Still life in the old dog yet...

TTD
x4

Post by TTD » Thu, 16. May 13, 23:04

There seems to be a number of aproaches to salvage.

One mod enables you to repair stations and ship debris,at a cost of minerals etc.
Another converts the debris to crates of goods.

I have used both of these.

I must say I was a bit miffed when I thought I was repairing an X2 ship model...only to find an X3 model ,when repaired !

Retiredman
x3ap

Post by Retiredman » Fri, 17. May 13, 05:30

I have the SPK version 3 of this util.. but no place to host it.
You think a hero is some weird sandwitch and not a guy attacking a Xeno J with a kestrel.

Sir.. I said .. A guy attacking a J with a kestrel is the sandwitch.

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Fri, 17. May 13, 05:32

x1tp.com is a popular and free hosting site for x3-related files.

jessterg
x3tc

Post by jessterg » Sat, 18. May 13, 00:44

Thanks for the replies! I am still pursuing trying to contact 420tokealot to get zenonj's script. I found him on Raptr, the gamers site and mailed him my request. The reason: Can you say monopoly? :P TESCG salvage package does nearly all the work of a number of scripts. That's good in one way but some like myself still like to do some work while making millions! Automation of so many things you'd do yourself seems counter-intuitive to me. Might as well cheat your way through the entire game and processes and save some cred.

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Sat, 18. May 13, 00:52

jessterg wrote:I am still pursuing trying to contact 420tokealot to get zenonj's script.
Have you tried posting in the correct thread (as we have suggested several times)?

Have you read the last page or two of that thread?

Who is zenonj and what script does he have that you want?

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”