Come back! Utilize / repair debris script has fallen down the black hole of neglect.

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

TTD
x4

Post by TTD » Thu, 16. May 13, 23:04

There seems to be a number of aproaches to salvage.

One mod enables you to repair stations and ship debris,at a cost of minerals etc.
Another converts the debris to crates of goods.

I have used both of these.

I must say I was a bit miffed when I thought I was repairing an X2 ship model...only to find an X3 model ,when repaired !

Retiredman
x3ap

Post by Retiredman » Fri, 17. May 13, 05:30

I have the SPK version 3 of this util.. but no place to host it.
You think a hero is some weird sandwitch and not a guy attacking a Xeno J with a kestrel.

Sir.. I said .. A guy attacking a J with a kestrel is the sandwitch.

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Fri, 17. May 13, 05:32

x1tp.com is a popular and free hosting site for x3-related files.

jessterg
x3tc

Post by jessterg » Sat, 18. May 13, 00:44

Thanks for the replies! I am still pursuing trying to contact 420tokealot to get zenonj's script. I found him on Raptr, the gamers site and mailed him my request. The reason: Can you say monopoly? :P TESCG salvage package does nearly all the work of a number of scripts. That's good in one way but some like myself still like to do some work while making millions! Automation of so many things you'd do yourself seems counter-intuitive to me. Might as well cheat your way through the entire game and processes and save some cred.

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Sat, 18. May 13, 00:52

jessterg wrote:I am still pursuing trying to contact 420tokealot to get zenonj's script.
Have you tried posting in the correct thread (as we have suggested several times)?

Have you read the last page or two of that thread?

Who is zenonj and what script does he have that you want?

jessterg
x3tc

Post by jessterg » Sat, 18. May 13, 01:42

The thread was a year old and nobody seemed to have any success so no. AND . . . Once again I overlooked the answer through all the other posts that said it is dead. I found the post on page 8! Did the search on X1tp and downloaded it. Cycrow's confirmed it anyway!
Kandros wrote:For those who dont have it and would want it "x1tp.com" still has it up and downloadable, you just have to look it up. If you like you can send me a message and i can send you the direct link to the page or i can email the file to you. Your choice, cheers.
S'what I get for assuming that the last posts have the final say. Thanks Dr. B for the education. And others. I've learned more about the X-verse these past few days than I have in the past year.

Xenon J

Post by Xenon J » Sat, 18. May 13, 20:21

Are you looking for me? Here i am. :D

I think you need this:

http://www.gamefront.com/files/23321528 ... nglish.rar

It's a new version 2.1 made for TC. The main innovation is that it allows to work not only with debris like in President end, but all others, which are the result of station killing. They also can be repaired and utilized.
Also it allows to dismantle the advertising posters, which are rested after station destruction. It doesn't work near non-destructed stations, because it is a theft. :D
And, of of course, gates also can be restored. They are repaired by pair and connect together after rebuilding. Very interesting combination with Xenon hub.

My grateful thanks to biOnik from the same site as me for decision of the key problem - how to lock the target on other debris.

Unfortunately, my English is far from perfect, so forgive me my mistakes. You can correct text file if it is needed.
Anyway, I'll try to explain how does it work.

So, after installation a new command in special commands (Debris repair and util) will appear on TS and TL ships. You must have Special command software. Command can be started in active sector. You must have debris as target or nothing.
Start the command and incoming request will be sent.
The first option - Activate/deactivate debris search - activates the search mode, it allows to set player tracking aim to debris of destroyed stations and posters. Activate the mode, move to debris (distance must be less then 5 km) or poster and wait a few seconds. Also you must have Special command software and you must have nothing as target. Aim will be set on the nearest object.
The second usage of it deactivates the search mode.
Debris in PE are taking to aim by the ordinal way.
All other options works when tracking aim is set on debris. I think they will be clear, because they almost didn't change from previous version . The distance is 5 km, for gates - 7.5 km.

Oh yea, I forgot to tell about important option - repair by several ships. It allows to use several TL\TS ships for repair. You can load resources there, install SCS 1 on each one and move them less than 5 km. And resources from their cargo bays will be used. So, the problem with cargo bay volume of the one ship, when you must use Mammoth is no more. You can use 4 Mistrals instead. All combination of all quantities of TS\TL are working.

So, that is all. Try to use. :wink:
Last edited by Xenon J on Mon, 20. May 13, 08:34, edited 1 time in total.

jessterg
x3tc

Post by jessterg » Sun, 19. May 13, 21:28

So very nice to see you Xenon J. Been looking for you and here you are. Will try the new version ASAP.

MassterJ
x4

Post by MassterJ » Wed, 22. May 13, 19:06

ho cool i have used an old version and i just ask a question about this script sorry didn't see the post awww 5 mins late for me but ok i ask here so .

i actually used it on Presidents end and work like a charm now i found a gate/ portal destroyed in a sector semm to be only with the mod i use my question is easy can we use the script with the new secotrs on mod? or not??

thanks for all

Sam45th
x4

Post by Sam45th » Wed, 17. Jul 13, 19:09

Hello! Link is broken. File not found((

Jakesnake5
x4

Post by Jakesnake5 » Thu, 29. May 14, 02:16

XJ has it here:

[ external image ]

shulthz
x3ap