About custom weapons

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

-XeNoN-
x4

About custom weapons

Post by -XeNoN- » Sun, 12. May 13, 16:48

Hey forum!
Anyway i have a question is it possible to "force" custom weapon to be equippable only for certain ships?
For example Xenon, ive made Custom Weapon that i wish that only Xenon ships can use (both AI and player controlled), ive put custom weapon in Kyon group but problem is that Khaak also uses this custom weapon, is there any script i can do this or?

Sam L.R. Griffiths
x4

Post by Sam L.R. Griffiths » Sun, 12. May 13, 17:38

In simple terms - no, not by just adding weapons.

XTM completely overhauls the weapon-ship mappings and achieves results close to what you are asking as a result.

XRM uses an version of Litcube's CWP script to affect how AI ships spawn with what weapons.

There is also EES which is basically an improved version of CWP worked on by both Litcube and myself. EES may be closer to what you are asking for but will require further changes for it to work with AP.

[EDIT]The best you may be able to achieve is to have the weapons as part of the built-in kit for certain ships but that will make them indestructible and not droppable.[/EDIT]
Lenna (aka [SRK] The_Rabbit)

"Understanding is a three edged sword... your side, their side... and the Truth!" - J.J. Sheriden, Babylon 5 S4E6 T28:55

"May god stand between you and harm in all the dark places you must walk." - Ancient Egyption Proverb

"When eating an elephant take one bite at a time" - Creighton Abrams

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”