Keeping a wing refuelled?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Quinch
xr

Keeping a wing refuelled?

Post by Quinch » Mon, 13. May 13, 19:41

Quick check - I'm planning to have a bunch of SEWN wings responding to any alerts the satellites spot, but in previous experiences they've had a habit of running out of fuel and cutting through Xenon sectors - briefly. I'm wondering if there's a way to assign a transport or two to keep selected ships supplied with energy cells and/or weapons without having to constantly keep tabs on them myself.
I wasn't banished to the moon yesterday.

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Mon, 13. May 13, 19:45

What I do is assign the wing a homebase and have them return home after each mission. They'll autorefuel, assuming you've set the appropriate options in the wing controls. Mind you, this is generally for M6's and smaller fighters. Use a CLS freighter to keep the big ships supplied.
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

Quinch
xr

Post by Quinch » Mon, 13. May 13, 19:48

Yeah, it's the frigate-grade ships that are the issue, since they can't be assigned a homebase {with or without the upgraded hubs}. How would I use a CLS to do it, though? I'm guessing internal logistics or something?
I wasn't banished to the moon yesterday.

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Mon, 13. May 13, 19:57

There are a number of threads relating to using CLS for this and many other tasks. Check the Ultimate Guides sticky, or do a search. And check out the several threads of Timsup2nothin.

However, there is a way to assign homebases to the big ships. If they're in a wing, you can assign a wing homebase. And if you then remove them from the wing, they'll retain their homebase. I have a player Equipment Dock set up as the homebase for several of my bigships, and they're set to refuel when they dock.
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

Kirlack
x3tc

Post by Kirlack » Mon, 13. May 13, 22:07

Quinch wrote:Yeah, it's the frigate-grade ships that are the issue, since they can't be assigned a homebase {with or without the upgraded hubs}. How would I use a CLS to do it, though? I'm guessing internal logistics or something?
There's a section in my guide (linked in my sig) that describes exactly what you'll need to keep your big ships stocked by CLS pilots. Failing that feel free to PM me, or look at some of the other guides as Nanook suggested. Most of the threads Timsup2nothin has written deal with a...more advanced (for lack of a better description) use of CLS ships.

Alacard1
x4

Post by Alacard1 » Tue, 14. May 13, 10:00

Quinch wrote:Quick check - I'm planning to have a bunch of {frigate-centric} SEWN wings responding to any alerts the satellites spot... I'm wondering if there's a way to assign a transport or two to keep selected ships supplied with energy cells and/or weapons without having to constantly keep tabs on them myself.
I read this as: "I would like to automate my resupply for my automated wings"

Yes, you will use External CLS to accomplish this task. It is not difficult but proper implementation is tedious.

If you have trouble setting this up, reply back to this tread & we will knock it out.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”