Question About CLS2

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Stryke11
x3tc

Question About CLS2

Post by Stryke11 » Wed, 15. May 13, 07:59

Hello,

I have attempted to read the tutorials on CLS2 as well as other board topics, and I get how it works, in theory, but I still have a question that I haven't been able to glean the answer out of my reading.

I am trying to use CLS2 to buy Ice in Uranus 2 and 3 and sell it to nearby water purification plants. I have two guys doing this, one in 2, and one in 3. What I would like to do is have each guy use the first two waypoints to go to two ice mines in each sector and buy ice until they are full, and then sell to the water purification plants with their other two waypoints, until they are empty.

I don't know if I'm doing it right though, for a couple reasons.

1) Just to experiment, I set one to buy at min price and sell at max price. I figured this might not work tho unless the ice mine was at max and the purification plant empty, and if not, the ship just sits around. Is that correct? The other one, I set to buy at average and sell at average, which should work, technically, but I wouldn't be making any money that way, right? If it sells for same price it buys. I just want them to sell for more than they buy. If it's a huge difference, fantastic, but if it's only 1 credit more per, fine, I'll take it.

2) I don't know if it will work with two input and two output stations like I have it. I get that if I just selected two waypoints (one mine, one plant) that it will work, but when I add another of each I'm not sure if the script is smart enough to understand I just want the guy to fill up and sell out. If that takes only one mine or plant to do that, fine, move on, if it takes two, also ok. I just don't want it to fill up at the first mine and then wait on standby at the second to buy when it has no space. Maybe it already does this (and is smarter than me :) ) or maybe there is a setting I can select to do this.

TL;DR - I want CLS2 to fill up full using either one or two ice mines, and then sell empty at either one or two water plants, depending on the stock levels they all have, and not sit around. Any tips?

Thanks!

Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin » Wed, 15. May 13, 16:49

Get familiar with the product you want CLS guys to move. In case of ice you will find that there are a lot more mines producing than purifiers (keep in mind that one ice mine L can feed four water purifiers). So there's going to be plenty of ice around.

NPC haulers will only sell at above average price, Since there will be lots of them full looking for sales you need to use 'fly to station' and have your guy wait there to make the sale at 129.

Since the water purifiers can't use it all, eventually ice mines will fill up, NPC ice haulers will fill up, and price will be stuck at minimum. Give your guy three choices for buying at 50.

One CLS ship per water purifier will get you a pretty good lock on all ice sales in the universe, at unit profit 79.
Trapper Tim's Guide to CLS 2

On Her Majesty's Secret Service-Dead is Dead, and he is DEAD

Not a DiD, so I guess it's a DiDn't, the story of my first try at AP
Part One, in progress

HEY! AP!! That's new!!!

Stryke11
x3tc

Post by Stryke11 » Wed, 15. May 13, 19:17

Thanks for the response.

So you're saying that for my four waypoints, I set one mine, and three purifiers (since one mine L can feed four purifiers).

Waypoints:

1. Buy ice @ $50.
2. "Fly to station".
3. Sell Ice @ $129.
4. "Fly to station #2"
5. Sell Ice @ $129.
6. "Fly to station #3"
7. Sell Ice @ $129.

Would this not work without the "Fly to station" waypoints? And do the "fly to station" waypoints not count as proper waypoints (since my limit right now is 4)?

Thanks! Wasn't expecting the man who wrote the guide to respond. Lucky me!

Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin » Wed, 15. May 13, 20:50

You are welcome...on the 'lucky' front, I don't frequent the script/mod forum very often so it is surprising that I saw your question. I am pretty solid about answering questions if you put them in any of my CLS threads on the X-Universe forum though in case you have any more later.

But back at the question at hand, your waypoint list isn't going to work. Having more than one 'fly to station' will just leave your guy flying back and forth.

You want to go with this:

1- purifier, 'fly to station'
purifier, 'sell' ice 129 max

2- ice mine, 'buy' 50 max

3- another ice mine, 'buy' 50 max

4- another ice mine, 'buy' 50 max

With this setup your guy will fly to the purifier and just wait for the price to hit 129. Then he will sell. Then he will look for a place to refill, and once he gets filled he'll fly back and wait for another sale. Given the distances in terran space he probably won't be waiting too long. You can set up a guy like this for each purifier, and they will all work even if you use the same ice mines, because the ice mines overproduce and will be filled up most of the time.

This thread is a complete set-up for monopolizing ice and water sales throughout terran space. IIRC, it took 15 million to set up and returns eight million per game day forever automatically.
Trapper Tim's Guide to CLS 2

On Her Majesty's Secret Service-Dead is Dead, and he is DEAD

Not a DiD, so I guess it's a DiDn't, the story of my first try at AP
Part One, in progress

HEY! AP!! That's new!!!

Stryke11
x3tc

Post by Stryke11 » Wed, 15. May 13, 23:15

Thanks! I think I just needed the waypoints spelled out. I appreciate the help and will check out that thread referenced when I get home from work.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”