heated discussion split from Marine Repairs thread

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

joelR
x3tc

heated discussion split from Marine Repairs thread

Post by joelR » Mon, 13. May 13, 22:59

Im not sure why youre not understanding me or even taking that tone with me. I dont assume the rules dont apply to me whatever these rules are in your mind. That being said.

When I edit the file to comsume resources only (i assumed you would know this since you are the creator of the script) nothing is consumed. Apparently it must be a conflict with something else I have installed.

Edit: Split the heated discussion from Marine Repairs thread. X2-Illuminatus

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Tue, 14. May 13, 01:13

No "tone" joel; it's just text. :)

You have not described your test, so it seems that you are not even trying to tell me how to reproduce the problem. Skorne at least told me what he was doing (even though his expectations were incorrect).

It is not obvious how you could have a conflict that allows Marine Repairs to partially work. AFAIK, it works as intended.

I'm not saying that there may not still be a bug or two... I am just saying that I cannot find any without specific, step-by-step instructions of how to reproduce an issue. (You have not given me anything like that.)

joelR
x3tc

Post by joelR » Tue, 14. May 13, 01:30

DrBullwinkle wrote:No "tone" joel; it's just text. :)

You have not described your test, so it seems that you are not even trying to tell me how to reproduce the problem. Skorne at least told me what he was doing (even though his expectations were incorrect).

It is not obvious how you could have a conflict that allows Marine Repairs to partially work. AFAIK, it works as intended.

I'm not saying that there may not still be a bug or two... I am just saying that I cannot find any without specific, step-by-step instructions of how to reproduce an issue. (You have not given me anything like that.)
With all due respect Drbullwinkle. Its a one line edit in your 8501 file. Why do you need me to spell it out. Are you really not understanding me?

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Tue, 14. May 13, 01:50

joelR wrote:Its a one line edit in your 8501 file. Why do you need me to spell it out?
Because what you appear to be saying is wrong.

If you meant that changing id 301 to "yes" causes no resources to be consumed, then that simply is not true.

Try it:
  • Make sure that you have marines on board your ship.
  • Add 100 units of Hull Plating to your ship.
  • Bash the ship into a station or shoot it from another ship to damage the hull.
The hull will be repaired, the Hull Plating will be consumed, and the marines will be trained (at an additional cost in credits).

joelR
x3tc

Post by joelR » Tue, 14. May 13, 02:00

DrBullwinkle wrote:
joelR wrote:Its a one line edit in your 8501 file. Why do you need me to spell it out?
Because what you appear to be saying is wrong.

If you meant that changing id 301 to "yes" causes no resources to be consumed, then that simply is not true.

Try it:
  • Make sure that you have marines on board your ship.
  • Add 100 units of Hull Plating to your ship.
  • Bash the ship into a station or shoot it from another ship to damage the hull.
The hull will be repaired, the Hull Plating will be consumed, and the marines will be trained (at an additional cost in credits).
Apparently you arent understanding. We already had this conversation back on page 4.

The fact is that it is in fact NOT working. The hull of the mothership is NOT repairing with the required wares when line 311 is set to yes. Docked ships are NOT repairing.

You have two people telling you this.

I give up.

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Tue, 14. May 13, 02:09

joelR wrote:The hull of the mothership is NOT repairing with the required wares when line 311 is set to yes.
joelR wrote:You have two people telling you this.
No, I do not.

Skorne is reporting a different issue. Basically, his expectations are incorrect.

You are reporting something that I cannot duplicate in the current version. There have been two full versions since our discussion on page 4; all previous reports have been fixed, to the best of my knowledge.
Last edited by DrBullwinkle on Tue, 14. May 13, 02:11, edited 1 time in total.

joelR
x3tc

Post by joelR » Tue, 14. May 13, 02:10

DrBullwinkle wrote: all previous reports have been fixed, to the best of my knowledge.
Except that is not true. You can deny it if you want. Its your script. But that feature of your script does not work. Plain and simple.
2) Edited the 't' file (as posted before) again landed damaged ship (with 100 units each of all 3 resources) and nothing happens. No repairs are done, though nor do the resources get used up (this time).
You conveniently avoided this one. This is the problem im having. and YES marines are on board.

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Tue, 14. May 13, 02:16

It is not a matter of denying anything. It is a *FACT* that I am not aware of any real bugs in the current version of the main program. Nobody has given me clear, step-by-step instructions to reproduce any issues.
  • (Skorne's report about seeing NULL in the reports from Marines Repair Target hotkey does appear to be a bug. I hope that he will report some detail that will give me a clue as to how that can happen for him.)

If somebody *does* give me a report that I can reproduce, then I will be happy to fix it.

As always.

joelR
x3tc

Post by joelR » Tue, 14. May 13, 02:17

DrBullwinkle wrote: If somebody *does* give me a report that I can reproduce, then I will be happy to fix it.
Then do as you say and do what I reported.

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Tue, 14. May 13, 02:19

joelR wrote:
2) Edited the 't' file (as posted before) again landed damaged ship (with 100 units each of all 3 resources) and nothing happens. No repairs are done, though nor do the resources get used up (this time).
You conveniently avoided this one. This is the problem im having. and YES marines are on board.
No, I did not avoid it. I answered it above. It is working as intended.

TBH, I was surprised that Skorne would even expect it to work if the marines and resources are not aboard the damaged ship. I can see how he got there... it just is not something that I would have thought of myself. ;)

joelR
x3tc

Post by joelR » Tue, 14. May 13, 02:20

Ok now I know you're doing this on purpose.

Have a nice day.

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Tue, 14. May 13, 02:24

I'm not doing anything. You are complaining without being specific and without apparent reason. You have made no attempt to give me a report that I can use to reproduce an error.

To restate: The only report that appears to be a bug is Skorne's report of a NULL from the hotkey. If we can figure out what he is doing that is unexpected, then I will fix it.

If there are any other real bugs, then all I need are clear, step-by-step instructions on how to reproduce the problem.

joelR
x3tc

Post by joelR » Tue, 14. May 13, 02:29

DrBullwinkle wrote:If there are any other real bugs, then all I need are clear, step-by-step instructions on how to reproduce the problem.
Do you want me to quote everything he said?
Next, I edited the 't' file so as to only use resources and no credits. When I did this, the on-board resources begin to get used up; (One unit of resource per damaged ship (7 damaged ships equaled 7 units of resources per cycle)). However, it is only using one resource at a time: it begins with the Nvidium until it is depleted, then it uses the MicroChips, and finally the Hull Plating. However... no ship is repaired.
Bolded font is important. Im guessing you didnt see that. Also, he had marines on board. So do I.

You dont need step by step directions. There are none to do excpet edit the appropriate line in the t file (311). Short of directly insulting your intelligence, do you really need me to guide you through how to use your own script?

That feature of your script is broken. Youre purposely trolling here. You already know what to do.

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Tue, 14. May 13, 02:33

joelR wrote:Youre purposely trolling here.
No, joelR, you are the one doing the trolling. If you continue, then I will report it to a moderator.

On the other hand, if you can give me a real bug report that I have not already responded to, then sure. That would be welcome.

joelR
x3tc

Post by joelR » Tue, 14. May 13, 02:37

DrBullwinkle wrote:
joelR wrote:Youre purposely trolling here.
No, joelR, you are the one doing the trolling. If you continue, then I will report it to a moderator.

On the other hand, if you can give me a real bug report that I have not already responded to, then sure. That would be welcome.
I gave it to you.

He gave it to you.

Youre just being difficult and refusing to accept it. I know it doesnt work in your game too. You just dont want to deal with it. You reluctantly added the feature to begin with.

You can reproduce it. Change line 311 to YES.

But you already know that and even though you ask for specific steps you blatantly ignore them when given like I did.

Im really suprised you cant figure that out. You seemed like a fairly intelligent guy.

Im sorry your feelings are hurt. But thats just life.

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Tue, 14. May 13, 02:53

joelR wrote:You can reproduce it. Change line 311 to YES.
Not true. I gave steps to test it above. TRY it before ranting about it, please.

As promised, I have reported your inappropriate ranting.

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Tue, 14. May 13, 02:53

Last edited by DrBullwinkle on Tue, 14. May 13, 11:18, edited 1 time in total.

joelR
x3tc

Post by joelR » Tue, 14. May 13, 02:56

DrBullwinkle wrote:
joelR wrote:You can reproduce it. Change line 311 to YES.
Not true. I gave steps to test it above. TRY it before ranting about it, please.

As promised, I have reported your inappropriate ranting.
Is there a facepalm emoticon? Would be appropriate here.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”