AP 3.0 - Crash/BSOD in Aldrin

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X³: Terran Conflict, X³: Albion Prelude or X³: Farnham's Legacy.

Moderators: timon37, Moderators for English X Forum

Baddieus
x4

AP 3.0 - Crash/BSOD in Aldrin

Post by Baddieus » Wed, 15. May 13, 20:45

Howdy Ya'll,

This is a Crash/BSOD/restart report on the 3.0 update today in Aldrin. My PC is all the way up to date, and not likely the issue. I loaded a save game & it updated to 3.0, I flew from Heretic's End all the way through to Aldrin where I needed to pause the game for a couple of min. Upon return to my PC it was restarting. The game was running fine up to that point, and I had only been playing for about 30min, however each sector beyond Heretic's End was the 1st time my character had entered the Terran sectors, there was no combat as my Teladi pilot is attempting to be friends with everyone, and I do have all the non-Terran sectors mapped with satellites. If ya need any other info I'll provide what I can ... otherwise good luck with the update, I'll keep playing and report anything else.

Thanks,

-Baddieus-

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Wed, 15. May 13, 20:58

Hi, BSODs are extremely difficult to cause (not that anyone wants to!) using game MD or scripts (not saying impossible, just difficult) so I would first check that it is not some coincidental update to a driver or a hardware issue or corruption etc causing the issue. What did the BSOD screen say the error was? - FAQ for advice.

My very first step in any case would be to verify the Steam gamefile cache for X3TC and X3AP in case of an incomplete or corrupt update.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Baddieus
x4

Post by Baddieus » Wed, 15. May 13, 21:07

Ok ... I'll check my system out & run Steam Verification.

However, I played over a hundred hours prior to the update earlier this year without failure of any kind, and there are no changes on my end.

Thanks,

-Baddieus-

Nikola515
x4

Post by Nikola515 » Wed, 15. May 13, 23:42

I'm having problems too ...game keeps freezing and lagging :( I didn't have any problems before 3.0 update and my PC is not a problem :roll:
It's not world hunger because we can't feed poor,it's because there will never be enough to feed the rich .....

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Thu, 16. May 13, 11:00

@ Nikola515: Please start you own thread with the required info. The above post gives us absolutely nothing to go on. Freeze/lag is not a BSOD! :roll:
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude / Farnham's Legacy - Technical Support”