X3: Albion Prelude Plot questions [Spoilers]

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Ponderer

X3: Albion Prelude Plot questions [Spoilers]

Post by Ponderer » Sat, 18. May 13, 08:07

Spoilers tag above because I'm going to reveal a plot reward.

Quick and skippable back story, glance pst this paragraph to get to the point!:
I have 50 Aamon Prototypes tucked away snug on one of my Tokyo's (the second one has Eclipses and the third has Spitfyres by the way). I have the Albion Pride achievement. I have my Hyabusa's running weapons, shields and missiles to my 3 Aran's to keep any new ships in the pink and ready to equip. I have Kyoto's with Hyperion Vanguard's docked in them, who in turn have Eclipses docked in them. I haven't gotten a Valhalla or a Xenon I yet, but as soon as I finally build up the gumption to make an enemy in the universe again... I'll have a plethora of marines ready and up to the task thanks to boarding training. I have blueprints for the Falcon Sentinel just because shields are good.

And so to make a short story long, I like my game, did a lot, and I did it without being modified. However, it seems that I've completed the plot (A long time back no less) and the new Albion Prelude 3.0 plots have never triggered. Am I missing something in the requirements? I began as a humble trader, and I don't want to leave my current game to enjoy the new content.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks for your time everyone!

Sam L.R. Griffiths
x4

Post by Sam L.R. Griffiths » Sat, 18. May 13, 09:49

How long have you been playing in v3.0?

I believe that the two initial plots Shady Business and Corporate Matters are started based on a random timer and perhaps other conditions.

In my game:-
  • 500+M in my player account
  • The Hub acting as a resources/products accumulator
  • My PHQ built in Aldrin2 with a Computer Plant/Chip Plant/Quantum Tube complex next door in Megnir.
  • On hostile terms with Argon (currently working on that - slowly since my Terran Space War Sector LT arrays keep killing Argon invaders)
  • On v. good terms with all other races except Goner who at the same rep level as they were at the start.
Ships wise - no Aran yet because my marines are in training but I have 3 Kyoto's (one is my overtuned flag ship) and a handful of other ships.
Lenna (aka [SRK] The_Rabbit)

"Understanding is a three edged sword... your side, their side... and the Truth!" - J.J. Sheriden, Babylon 5 S4E6 T28:55

"May god stand between you and harm in all the dark places you must walk." - Ancient Egyption Proverb

"When eating an elephant take one bite at a time" - Creighton Abrams

Ponderer

Post by Ponderer » Sat, 18. May 13, 13:19

Since 3.0 I've had it in SETA 10x, at least 10 game days, and that's a very low estimate.

Let's see, My PHQ is in Savage Spur, along with a production complex made to supply it with everything, and made to supply the resulting ships with anything my other complex doesn't. Apparently I just lost a Megalodon that was in my gate hub sector last night which makes me wonder what got it. My current assets are around 11 billion, on good or neutral terms with everyone, the business from my three complexes generally keeps everyone happy.

eldyranx3
xr

Post by eldyranx3 » Sat, 18. May 13, 16:03

Try looking here.

Ponderer

Post by Ponderer » Sat, 18. May 13, 16:10

Oh, I should have been more specific, as far as I know the plot I completed was the Albion war plot, it gave me the Albion Pride Achievement.

I have the unfocused jump drive as you can guess.

And yes, I have the gate hub in full working order, connecting Savage Spur to Getsu Fune for easy new ship upgrades by the way.

My game is not modified, but I do have an item search script I was using (though obviously I did not save) while experimenting with unfocused jumps.

Edit - One thing I realize is that i never went through the flight training tutorial, I'm loathe to think that could disqualify me, but is there any way to get to the flight trainer after you left him behind? I have satellites set up in the Argon sectors, but I can't see him.

eldyranx3
xr

Post by eldyranx3 » Sat, 18. May 13, 19:39

The flight school tutorial has never mattered. It is considered an optional mission.

Ponderer

Post by Ponderer » Sat, 18. May 13, 21:58

Hmm, that at least is good to know, thanks eldyranx!

Well if anyone would like to brave it for me, I could upload my save game for people to take a look. Does anyone think they could help me?

Ponderer

Post by Ponderer » Sun, 19. May 13, 02:12

Re [Spoilers]:

Okay, I wanted to say that last night, I decided to max out reputation with everyone, to see if that helped. I did Split first, then Argon, then Boron. After I maxed out Boron faction (it is shockingly fast when one has the resources) and jumped to Paranid space, I was contacted for a mission entitled "Shady Business".

Don't let the faction maxing fool you, that was about an hour and a half of non-seta, long overdue fun. I've been spending so much time collecting these shiny new ships that I forgot to take them out of the package once in a while!

Pardon the aside, but I got "Shady Business" very quickly, and still no sign of the other two. I'm HOPING that starting on Shady Business will do something to kickstart the other two plots. I hope people don't mind if I keep updating, I just know how disappointed I would be if I had to restart such a long standing game, so if I can wiggle my way through whatever issues these are, then if someone else has this problem hopefully they'll see it.

Ponderer

Further Problems!

Post by Ponderer » Mon, 20. May 13, 21:16

Hey all, I'm doing Shady Business, hoping it will jumpstart the other two new missions.
Spoiler
Show

I have gotten to the point of finding a shipyard. He said he didn't know which one, just that it was considered cursed. I said 'urp?' and decided the only conceivable data I could call upon were shipyard location, close to xenon sectors, or sector description.

The first hit I had was Family Tkr. Description seemed to fit, I popped on over there, nothing. Talked to people on the station, no landed ships, nuttin.

I was contacted by someone to go to Belt of Aguilar if I get stumped. I had other wild guesses, but they were much more wild. So I go to Belt of Aguilar, the data I got mentioned 500 deaths, along with a few other things. I checked and, I don't know what I'm missing, it actually seemed to point even more strongly toward Family Tkr.

I don't know if I'm fixated falsely or what, but I figured I'd ask for help here.
More than that, it's been a long time, and I've maxed out all the commonwealth factions, and the Terrans/ATF (Hello Tyr, come visit my reverse engineering laboratory, we have cake and cookies), and still the only mission I've been contacted on is Shady Business. Though I'm still hopeful that advancing Shady Business will somehow help, as is under the spoiler tags, I'm stuck there as well.

shameless creature
x3ap

Post by shameless creature » Mon, 20. May 13, 21:26

The shipyard you have to go to is in
Spoiler
Show
Family Pride. That's where the Dragon incident occurred.

Did you ask Jonferco HQ for help in Belt of Aguilar? I thought I had gotten a much more clear-cut reply from them regarding the shipyard. Generally, if you don't know where to find something in this plot, fly to Jonferco HQ and ask them.

Ponderer

Post by Ponderer » Mon, 20. May 13, 21:39

Ah, I reread:
Spoiler
Show

I accidentally hit okay to get rid of the message, so I had to go from memory, and I misread it as the shipyard was their family pride. I loaded a previous game and got back to the same point in the plot and read it more carefully, that was the problem!

Edit - See that, and it gave a quest marker when I arrived, so if I'd waited until after I manually checked them all, I would've found it! I'm just feeling nervous that something is wrong in my game, I think.
Thanks a bunch!

Ponderer

Got out of a tight spot

Post by Ponderer » Thu, 23. May 13, 21:35

Just finished the next spot.

And really?

This part can be skipped, just a story of my experience in some of the plot, but it entails some weird behavior so I want to know if this is normal.
Spoiler
Show
I'm in the Xenon Graveyard of Shady Business. Find jump drive components it says, fair enough. The detector points me toward Ion Shard Railguns.

Alright, wouldn't be much of a challenge if I got jump drive components right away. I got the ion shard railguns and 200 mj of shielding because it was on the way, and bam, jump drive components. By now I have xenon heading to me. I make it to the jump drive components before they make it to me, and it says yay, go pick up some shields.

Really?

Fine fine, go get some more shields, by now they're on me, and I cannot move for the life of me. Trying to dodge these little fighters is two and half cups of hell mixed into a pain cake and baked to perfection. I'd like to say I'm a pretty capable pilot, but I clearly don't know how to handle the bigger ones. Once they get onto me with their weapons, I take so much damage by the time I've moved and strafed out of the way that I don't have enough shields for that critical moment when I HAVE to keep on course to pick up the search object.

Finally after many tries, I did it. Can't complain, difficulty is fun, load-required or otherwise! Many more loads after, I got to the second set of jump drive components, and it says to go find some particle accelerator cannons. By now bigger ships have come, I don't make it to the particle accelerator cannons.

Okay there pilot, think scouts and be prepared, I say to myself. Rather than trying to hobble into some hull components...I load it from before the hack, and start repairing my ship in my space suit. Throw on some x-files and hold down control lookin at my ship, why? Because the truth is out there.

Got my ship to 100%, movin a smooth and sexy 150 m/s, save it and I'm good to go. First thing I gotta find is jump drive components, snazzy! I get my first set of jump drive components and 2 sets of 200 mj shielding as well. Next is Ion Shard Railguns, got them and installed em, took out one of them - little buggar. It gets clear trying to dogfight though that they're getting more reinforcements than I can take out. So I keep searching.

Picking up more upgrades, particle accelerator cannons were on the menu, and got some fighter drones with them, a thankful gift. Now the banshee missiles are not quite the slow-moving pain they were, rather than having to dodge them now I have the rear weapons to just take them out, yay for staying on task. I'm also fast enough that if I keep in a straight line, I'm mostly unharassed (also got 3 phased array laser cannonns).

Then I get a search for engine components, and here's where it gets really weird. My detector says I'm 'hot', 4 km away, no beep no nothing, 2 km, then 1, with no indication where I should be pointing my nose. Then, finally, it stops entirely. I turn around a full 180 (get killed for my trouble many times trying) and sure enough, it the detector reads "hot" at 1 km and nothing.

Well the thing is I'm looking for engine tuning, and I see engine tuning on my map, way aways, 50 km away in fact. I go pick THEM up, and suddenly it says go pick up some more Ion Shard Railguns. The best part? This little trip takes me right by a Xenon J, and that's not the biggest thing floating around by now. Just as I'm coming in for a suicide run, trying to get close enough to take only one or two cannons worth of damage before I get by him, the computer says hiya, the jump drive is repaired. Sure enough I jump out and I'm done.

Just like that. I've just got to ask, at LEAST considering the engine tuning bug, is it supposed to be this much of an ordeal?
Now, as for the other spoiler:
Spoiler
Show
The next part looks to involve an armistice between Terran and the Commonwealth. I want that, however I don't want to lose the war sectors until I've gotten my Valhalla, and I can't get my Valhalla until I have some full 100 marines, which is something I've only just now started working on. (Having real trouble training my marines in combat, if anyone has advice on that I'd take it).

This means I won't be seeking advice on why the other two missions haven't begun for a while, after all this time, and we're talking many many hours of play both in and out of SETA, the other plot lines never triggered. Even if they aren't as consequential as Shady Business, I'd like to be able to finish them.

If anyone can try to help, let me know. I can provide save games and try to answer any questions.
Thanks, everyone, for your time!

shameless creature
x3ap

Post by shameless creature » Thu, 23. May 13, 22:02

Unfortunately, I don't know enough about the game mechanics to help you with the plot starts. However, regarding the plot you're already playing...
Spoiler
Show
I'm not sure where exactly in the plot you are, but future steps to stop the war will include maxing out your ranks with both the Terran and the Argon, killing a lot of Xenon, and transporting / talking to a few people. You can take a break at pretty much any point of the plot. The end of the war is the final reward which is awarded after you've completed the plot. In order to do so, you will eventually have to talk to a certain person aboard a certain station after having fulfilled all the tasks mentioned earlier. As long as you don't take that final step, the plot and the war will carry on.

In order to train Marines, just pick a race you want to bully (or the Pirates) and board their capitals, always using pods and 20 Marines of yours in order to train as many of them as possible at a time. To give more detailed instructions, I'd have to know what exactly you're struggling with. (Casualties in combat? Boarding pods being shot down? Marines not getting through the hull?)

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Thu, 23. May 13, 22:28

As for starting the other two new plot lines of X3AP 3.0:
Spoiler
Show
At the stage where you currently are in the Shady Business plot you don't have an UFJD. It was destroyed, when jumping to the unknown Xenon Sector. However, having one UFJD in your inventory is one requirement for starting the Corporation Troubles plot.

And the Breaking Grounds plot will only start, when you successfully completed the 6th Share Recovery Mission of the Corporation Troubles Plot.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

Ponderer

Post by Ponderer » Thu, 23. May 13, 22:39

Are they supposed to come after Shady Business?
Spoiler
Show
I knew about needing an unfocused jump drive, which is why I am putting this on hold until I get my Valhalla, but is Corporate Troubles ONLY supposed to start after I'm done with Shady Business? If so, that would explain it.

I got nothing at all for several hours of regular flight, and in game days and days of SETA, usually left on overnight and through the day while I did other things. It was only until I maxed out the split (and every other faction by the by) that I got Shady Business. All that time waiting, however, yielded no other mission.
Thanks for the response by the way!

TTD
x4

Post by TTD » Thu, 23. May 13, 23:01

@ X2-Illuminatus

I am doing Shady business.
I have the Corporation offer.
I started as Terran.

Does your comment above mean that
Spoiler
Show
Once I lose the ufjd doing this plot,I will lose the Corporation offer?
I don't recall this happening during Beta test.
But then I did the Corporation and new sector before this plot

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Thu, 23. May 13, 23:15

Ponderer wrote:Are they supposed to come after Shady Business?
No, 'Corporation Troubles' can be started at any time, if all of the requirements are met.
Spoiler
Show
Either HUB Plot or Operation Loose Ends completed
Unfocussed Jumpdrive in player inventory
Player Trade Rank 15 (Petty Financier)
@TTD
If the Plot was started already, everything is fine and the offer won't vanish. However, one requirement to start the plot (as mentioned above) is
Spoiler
Show
owning the UFJD
which isn't the case between
Spoiler
Show
stranding in the unknown Xenon Sector and completely ending the Shady Business Plot (and getting an UFJD that way).
So, if the plot hasn't been started by then, it won't start during this/these plot stage/s.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

Ponderer

Post by Ponderer » Thu, 23. May 13, 23:59

Thanks for the response!

It seems I missed a requirement, but it's something I already had. My only remaining conclusion is that something is wrong.

Edit:
Spoiler
Show
My trade rank dipped down due to SETA time. It wasn't listed in the previous link as a requirement, but as excited as I was, it doesn't seem to matter. If I need Rank 15 (Petty Financier), that's all well and good because I already have Rank 17 (Merchant).

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Fri, 24. May 13, 00:53

(Hmm, I think I misunderstood you in the first place. )

So, you haven't started the Shady Business Plot at all yet, but meet all the requirements for the Corporation Troubles Plot? If so, there might indeed be something wrong in your save.

There's not much left for me to suggest. The easiest would be to upload a savegame, so others can have a look at it to see, if there's anything wrong with it.

Ponderer

Post by Ponderer » Fri, 24. May 13, 08:42

Not quite. I didn't start the shady business plot until a long long time of waiting.

I'll upload three. First one is in the:
Spoiler
Show
Xenon graveyard, be aware, turning around to the jump drive components directly is death. Slow u-turn, don't get in their path.
I don't know if the search behavior seen in this game is normal, but it seems...odd to me.
Spoiler
Show
I had to find 3 jump drive components, some of the components it had me look for were NOT where the detector said they were, and it let me jump home at random, not even remotely connected to me picking up components or anything else.
http://rapidshare.com/files/1238633708/x3-Save5.rar

The next is after I returned. Pardon the absolute mess of my holdings, when I was under attack from pinpoint targeted in-sector jumps, I moved things around. Also, avoid Elena's Fortune and Savage Spur if you have a weak rig, I have two minor complex hubs twiddling away casually in those sectors.

http://rapidshare.com/files/1479024803/X3-Autosave3.rar

Finally, a third backup save, from earlier in my career. This should be before I chose sides in the plot.

http://rapidshare.com/files/651922237/x3-Save10.rar

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”