DVD TC upgradable to Albion prelude without steam?

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X³: Terran Conflict, X³: Albion Prelude or X³: Farnham's Legacy.

Moderators: timon37, Moderators for English X Forum

habit_
x4

DVD TC upgradable to Albion prelude without steam?

Post by habit_ » Sun, 19. May 13, 15:51

I have the X3 trilogy from the dvds i bought.. I have registered all 3. I have only found the albion prelude in steam and steam does not recognize that i have the TC game, so i can not purchase the Prelude game. anyone know what im missing or if theres a work around?

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Sun, 19. May 13, 16:02

Yes a very common question, so you will find all you need in the FAQs and in Sticky threads in the X-Universe forum. No you cannot play X3AP without ever using Steam at all but you do not need to buy X3TC again to play X3AP.

This plus this thread should get you started however you want to play it. Read the note in the FAQ on saving download. More on Steam generally here.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

habit_
x4

Post by habit_ » Sun, 19. May 13, 16:18

Thank you so much...ive been digging for the last week trying to figure out how to do that..youra lifesaver....only question now is, do i have to install the steam version or TC in order for the prelude to work or will it still work off the already installed version?

habit_
x4

Post by habit_ » Sun, 19. May 13, 16:22

sorry sorry i see it now...read all the info stupid...thanks again

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Sun, 19. May 13, 16:24

Read that FAQ and the note I mentioned again.

You have to have a Steam install of X3TC to which X3AP is an add-on. However, you save time and download by copying your DVD version files into the Steam folder for X3TC beforehand and Steam sees them and does not need to download all of them again. (Note: Copy over updated vanilla files only!)

EDIT: Oh nevermind. Enjoy your game.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Cybermutant
x4

Post by Cybermutant » Sun, 19. May 13, 18:44

I also had the dvd version, my steam didn't recognize it either. But what did work was to activate the game by serial. Just enter the key from the booklet. And there you go, you added your game to your liberary.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude / Farnham's Legacy - Technical Support”