[X3AP] Xenon graveyard

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

stilgarpl
x3tc

[X3AP] Xenon graveyard

Post by stilgarpl » Tue, 21. May 13, 08:49

Egosoft, I must say - that mission was awesome! Usually, plots in X games involve lots of missions like "bring me one million microchips" or "kill those guys", but this one was original and very entertaining.

Too bad I loaded my Acinonyx with the best weapons and equipment I had... but, still, it was worth it :)

I don't know who came up with the idea for this mission, but if you are reading this - you are awesome! Thanks!

eldyranx3
xr

Post by eldyranx3 » Tue, 21. May 13, 09:35

I scripted the skeletal framework for the mission (go here, scan this) but most of the credit for the 'fun' factor goes to Dr. Bullwinkle for spending weeks fine tuning the combat and loot drops.

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Tue, 21. May 13, 09:47

And how thoughtful of you to give such nice feedback, Stilgar!
  • (In addition to the fine-tuning that mission is also Detector's debut in the vanilla game.)

stilgarpl
x3tc

Post by stilgarpl » Tue, 21. May 13, 10:03

DrBullwinkle wrote:And how thoughtful of you to give such nice feedback, Stilgar!
  • (In addition to the fine-tuning that mission is also Detector's debut in the vanilla game.)
Pleasure is all mine :)

Thanks again, both of you, good job!

TTD
x4

Post by TTD » Tue, 21. May 13, 10:36

I enjoyed testing that,too. Yet to get there in vanila,atm.

There seems to be a number of requests to be able to revist the graveyard to do some more looting.

Any thoughts on a followup mission?

Rupert Hound
x4

Post by Rupert Hound » Tue, 21. May 13, 23:15

Id like that or say when you use the UFJD you can actually go hunting for rare loot like more PALCs, IBLs, Engine tunings etc etc. Atm i think UFJD sectors are pointless once you have the
Spoiler
Show
Aran
and ive never found anything other than energy cells.

cmdnenad
x3tc

Post by cmdnenad » Wed, 22. May 13, 00:50

The mission was very interesting, but for me way too hard. At one point I was chased by dozens of fighters, surrounded by Qs and Ks, too weak to fight them all, too slow to escape. I jumped out with only a few percentage of hull.

Took me dozens of reloads and the whole day to complete it :)

But the scene of me flying through the Xenon wreckage was epic...

stilgarpl
x3tc

Post by stilgarpl » Wed, 22. May 13, 09:06

cmdnenad wrote:The mission was very interesting, but for me way too hard. At one point I was chased by dozens of fighters, surrounded by Qs and Ks, too weak to fight them all, too slow to escape. I jumped out with only a few percentage of hull.

Took me dozens of reloads and the whole day to complete it :)

But the scene of me flying through the Xenon wreckage was epic...
yes, it was very hard - I only survived because I had Turbo Booster on my ship :)

Earth Ultimatum IV.
x4

Post by Earth Ultimatum IV. » Wed, 22. May 13, 14:12

God I wish I had the Xenon scrapyard sector mission...Iam stuck at the spaceflies...damn the person who designed that mission... :D
Already got seven out of ten, but it goes so slow... At least I did the flyswatter achievement.

stilgarpl
x3tc

Post by stilgarpl » Wed, 22. May 13, 14:14

Earth ultimatum IV. wrote:God I wish I had the Xenon scrapyard sector mission...Iam stuck at the spaceflies...damn the person who designed that mission... :D
Already got seven out of ten, but it goes so slow... At least I did the flyswatter achievement.
You picked wrong faction then :) I just bought them on black market :D

Earth Ultimatum IV.
x4

Post by Earth Ultimatum IV. » Wed, 22. May 13, 14:17

But I have my pride. I select a race which I like, not a race that has more benefits :) But it´s nice that I was able to avoid killing the Spacefly hunters in Tigers.

stilgarpl
x3tc

Post by stilgarpl » Wed, 22. May 13, 14:23

Earth ultimatum IV. wrote:But I have my pride. I select a race which I like, not a race that has more benefits :) But it´s nice that I was able to avoid killing the Spacefly hunters in Tigers.
But the spacefly hunters are evil! They are killing endangered species and using it as fuel!

Sam L.R. Griffiths
x4

Post by Sam L.R. Griffiths » Wed, 22. May 13, 14:51

stilgarpl wrote:
Earth ultimatum IV. wrote:But I have my pride. I select a race which I like, not a race that has more benefits :) But it´s nice that I was able to avoid killing the Spacefly hunters in Tigers.
But the spacefly hunters are evil! They are killing endangered species and using it as fuel!
Or as ingredients of Garibaldi biscuits :P
Lenna (aka [SRK] The_Rabbit)

"Understanding is a three edged sword... your side, their side... and the Truth!" - J.J. Sheriden, Babylon 5 S4E6 T28:55

"May god stand between you and harm in all the dark places you must walk." - Ancient Egyption Proverb

"When eating an elephant take one bite at a time" - Creighton Abrams

Earth Ultimatum IV.
x4

Post by Earth Ultimatum IV. » Wed, 22. May 13, 16:16

stilgarpl wrote:
They escaped from the glorious battle I fought with fear, learning that spacefly hunting is more dangerous for hunters than for spaceflies :D

Provoid
x4

Post by Provoid » Sun, 26. May 13, 08:48

It's a nice mission and all but I'm doing everything as fast as I can but I get spammed with missiles before I even get to the first Jumpdrive Component.
Maybe it's meant for lower fight ranks. If I had some weapons and shields then ok but flying in a ship with 30% hull with missiles chasing me being closer than 1 km once I pick up the first whatever crate I want...
I like hard missions where It is possible to get control and where you die because of your own mistakes, but this one is just plain frustrating because there is nothing you can do besides reloading 100 times and hoping that maybe you get lucky with the crates.

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Sun, 26. May 13, 09:08

Provoid wrote:It's a nice mission and all but ....
Maybe it's meant for lower fight ranks. If I had some weapons and shields then ok
There are more than enough weapons and shields in the sector.

The mission is meant to be challenging at high fight rank, but you should be able to get through it (without 100 reloads). :)

Instead of hurrying to collect the Jump Drive Components, be sure to collect the wares that you need to defend yourself.

Hammers are particularly helpful, but they are huge. Crates hold 15-30 Hammers, which consume 225-450 units of cargo space. If you collect a crate of Hammers when you have less then a couple of hundred units of space, some of the Hammers will be wasted (they just disappear). So collect the Hammers, but watch your cargo space at the same time.

Similar logic holds for fighter drones.

There are plenty of wares in the sector: Defensive guns (PAC and MD), Offensive guns (ISR and MD), Hammer torpedoes, more than enough shields, and repair kits (Hull Plating) to fix up your ship. Even fighter drones to distract the enemies. There are also some bonus crates, as well. By the end of the mission your ship should be quite combat-ready.

Tip: Be sure that you are using all of the search tools available to you.

Tip: If you do reload, then reload from before the mini-game. That will give you different random drops for the first wave.

ACID SCOUT

Post by ACID SCOUT » Sun, 26. May 13, 09:58

Earth ultimatum IV. wrote:God I wish I had the Xenon scrapyard sector mission...Iam stuck at the spaceflies...damn the person who designed that mission... :D
What corporation have you allied with?

Earth Ultimatum IV.
x4

Post by Earth Ultimatum IV. » Sun, 26. May 13, 10:28

Strong Arms.

Provoid
x4

Post by Provoid » Sun, 26. May 13, 10:39

I don't know what happened but this time I was able to collect almost everything before the Xenon spawned. Maybe because there were no JDC nearby. I guess there is some proximity report with hidden crates that is supposed to trigger the Xenon spawn. In my first loads either JDC or ISRG was in the middle of other stuff so no matter what I went to pick up, the Xenon spawned. Last try there were no JDC and weapons in the middle of all the other crates so no Xenon spawned before I had equipped my ship with all I need. From there, it was just easy cruising.

TTD
x4

Post by TTD » Sun, 26. May 13, 12:09

Provoid wrote:I don't know what happened but this time I was able to collect almost everything before the Xenon spawned. Maybe because there were no JDC nearby. I guess there is some proximity report with hidden crates that is supposed to trigger the Xenon spawn. In my first loads either JDC or ISRG was in the middle of other stuff so no matter what I went to pick up, the Xenon spawned. Last try there were no JDC and weapons in the middle of all the other crates so no Xenon spawned before I had equipped my ship with all I need. From there, it was just easy cruising.
Did this last night and noted the same behavior.
Unfortunately ,there is not enough room on the ship to collect everything.
Can someone post a list of the "required" crates(including how many of each) to get the acinonyx out of there?
Then I could play a more strategic game there,making good use of what is available and leaving with the best profitable cargo.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”