Where are the Lasertower Factories?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

ScruffyBamboo
x3

Where are the Lasertower Factories?

Post by ScruffyBamboo » Tue, 21. May 13, 23:53

I'm having a problem... I need to find 3 lasertowers (this is in AP, by the way), but I've only found 2 (Jenofco Defense Station), and nowhere else seems to have any at all. I checked Roguey's guide, and it said there should be a factory at either Cloudbase Northwest or Wastelands, but there are no factories there in my game. In fact, I haven't found a single lastertower factory for any race, period (and I've explored most of the map now).

Did they take them out in 3.0? Will I have to build a factory just to get 1 lasertower??

Any help or info would be nice!

JoeVN09
x4

Post by JoeVN09 » Wed, 22. May 13, 00:09

I believe various Trading Stations stock them. Have a look around, and check the encyclopedia. The lasertower entry should keep track of known factories and docks that sell them. :)
~ Experienced X3 veteran. Dangerously incompetent X4 novice. ~

Sylthos
x3tc

Post by Sylthos » Wed, 22. May 13, 00:10

Military outposts have some laser towers in them too.

ScruffyBamboo
x3

Post by ScruffyBamboo » Wed, 22. May 13, 00:58

I checked every trading station, military outpost, everything. I haven't found one that has any stock. Which isn't surprising, since there are no lasertower factories - anywhere. I've confirmed this with the encyclopedia.

I'm playing a vanilla game... did something go wonky? Isn't there supposed to be a lasertower factory in Wastelands, or in Cloudbase Northwest?

I'm about to build a factory just for the last lasertower I need - kind of nutty, imho.

4d
x3tc

Post by 4d » Wed, 22. May 13, 01:26

ScruffyBamboo wrote:I checked every trading station, military outpost, everything. I haven't found one that has any stock. Which isn't surprising, since there are no lasertower factories - anywhere. I've confirmed this with the encyclopedia.

I'm playing a vanilla game... did something go wonky? Isn't there supposed to be a lasertower factory in Wastelands, or in Cloudbase Northwest?

I'm about to build a factory just for the last lasertower I need - kind of nutty, imho.
I remember in TC when I had to make a large self-sufficient lasertower complex to provide the 100s I needed the place around Xenon sectors to stop the Qs destroying by Universal Traders OOS. Count yourself lucky you just need three! :P
Priming Your PC For X2 Guide:
http://www.egosoft.com/x2/forum/viewtopic.php?t=68241

Getting Started With Capturing Guide (X2)
http://www.egosoft.com/x2/forum/viewtopic.php?t=68718

JoeVN09
x4

Post by JoeVN09 » Wed, 22. May 13, 01:50

Just did a check, and my game definitely features a Lasertower factory in Wastelands (well-stocked, too!) with others in Emperor's Ridge, Family Zein, Patriarch's Keep, Perdition's End, Preacher's Refuge and Priest Rings. It seems all military outposts should deal in them, as well as Atreus headquarters in Queen's Harbour. Trading stations all over the universe should have them, too.

If you don't have one in Wastelands, it's possible the GoD engine has deleted it as superfluous to the economy, or that it's been destroyed by some kind of enemy attack. My advice is to go check the factory locations I mentioned. If even one is present, stock it with the resources it needs until it produces those towers.

Good luck! :)

ScruffyBamboo
x3

Post by ScruffyBamboo » Wed, 22. May 13, 02:22

So this is weird... I started a new game (Humble Merchant, like last time), went to Cloudbase Northwest... and there's the Lasertower factory. Yet in my other game, same place, no factory. I'd be surprised that it was destroyed by anything - Cloudbase Northwest is pretty far from the front. And it seems stange that only Lasertower factories would be affected - all others are where they should be.

I'm wondering if it has something to do with the plotline... maybe it eliminates Lasertower factories when you're at that point in the story, to make it harder (meaning you HAVE to build a factory, like I'm about to)?

Anyway, it's not the end of the world, but just strange. And it has me thinking - if this went wonky in my game, are other things missing as well? Do I need to restart before I invest too much time? Grr.

JoeVN09
x4

Post by JoeVN09 » Wed, 22. May 13, 02:48

I don't think there's anything wrong with your game. Stations will appear and disappear for various reasons: economic demand, attrition, build missions, etc.

At the point where you are in the plot, I was able to get some Lasertowers from a trading station in the Black Hole Sun -> Grand Exchange region. Had to be patient though and keep the factory supplied for another one... they were produced quickly enough. :)

ScruffyBamboo
x3

Post by ScruffyBamboo » Wed, 22. May 13, 14:52

Well, I found one... not a factory, but a single Lasertower for sale... in Contorted Dominion, of all places. The sector has a single military outpost, so I decided to see if there was a Laswertower, and boom - one available. Still haven't found a single factory though lol...

Now I just have to convince the Split to let me buy it... I guess I'm bringing the Centaur in for some missions!

Then again, maybe I should build a factory anyway - there's obviously a hole in the market!

ajax34i
x4

Post by ajax34i » Wed, 22. May 13, 14:59

Your lasertower factory, when you build it, will make you so rich! They'll sell like hotcakes.

ScruffyBamboo
x3

Post by ScruffyBamboo » Wed, 22. May 13, 15:21

ajax34i wrote:Your lasertower factory, when you build it, will make you so rich! They'll sell like hotcakes.
Ooo, good to know. I was wondering what to build as my first station - I guess I've found it.

BTW - this game rocks... I love Steam sales! lol

SIMON POPPLEWELL
x3tc

Post by SIMON POPPLEWELL » Wed, 22. May 13, 16:08

Probably GoD removed all the LT factories, which it does sometimes if they are short on resources for a long time.

Maahes
x4

Post by Maahes » Wed, 22. May 13, 16:26

If you don't want to build and run your own, you could keep a look out for the build missions to set one up.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”