Fighters won't launch tornado missiles

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

cmdnenad
x3tc

Fighters won't launch tornado missiles

Post by cmdnenad » Thu, 23. May 13, 16:31

Back in X3TC I had a fighter wing loaded with tornadoes, which was very effective against capital ships. Now playing AP, I've set up a similar wing, but no matter what I do, the fighters won't fire the tornadoes. :evil:

Any suggestions?

Earth Ultimatum IV.
x4

Post by Earth Ultimatum IV. » Thu, 23. May 13, 16:39

Missile probability?

Also make sure you have weapons installed. They won´t fire missiles if they have no lasers installed.

cmdnenad
x3tc

Post by cmdnenad » Thu, 23. May 13, 16:52

Earth ultimatum IV. wrote:Missile probability?

Also make sure you have weapons installed. They won´t fire missiles if they have no lasers installed.
Missile probability 80%, tried 100%, same result.
They fire all other missiles, just not tornadoes. If they only have tornadoes installed, they won't fire them.

ajax34i
x4

Post by ajax34i » Thu, 23. May 13, 17:21

What ships are they exactly?

Tornadoes may not be compatible for that ship type.

cmdnenad
x3tc

Post by cmdnenad » Thu, 23. May 13, 17:26

ajax34i wrote:What ships are they exactly?

Tornadoes may not be compatible for that ship type.
Initialy I tried Argon eclipse, then Teladi falcon hauler. Both are compatible with tornadoes.

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Thu, 23. May 13, 21:44

AP does not launch dumbfire missiles against moving targets. A fighter will launch Tornadoes at a station, but not at a ship. (The fighter will not even launch Tornadoes against an M2, which is pretty close to a stationary target. ;) )

I did multiple tests of several missile types in both TC and AP. I compared the differences (and similarities) in this post: Falcon Bombers.

cmdnenad
x3tc

Post by cmdnenad » Thu, 23. May 13, 22:28

DrBullwinkle wrote:AP does not launch dumbfire missiles against moving targets. A fighter will launch Tornadoes at a station, but not at a ship. (The fighter will not even launch Tornadoes against an M2, which is pretty close to a stationary target. ;) )

I did multiple tests of several missile types in both TC and AP. I compared the differences (and similarities) in this post: Falcon Bombers.
That explains it, thanks.

Pity though, it was fun watching my falcons blowing up the enemies. I wish I read your post before I built tornado complex. I guess I can always sell them. :)

Plan B is to use tempests. I prefer them over thunderbolts because they are retargetable. And i already have tons of them...

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”