X2: Simulator - Combat Test

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Kal Ryper
x4

X2: Simulator - Combat Test

Post by Kal Ryper » Thu, 23. May 13, 21:24

Hi,

X2 - version 1.5 from the Superbox.

From the main start menu: Simulator - Pilot License Test - Capital Ship Combat Test

Can someone advise me on the best way to complete this please.
As recommended by the "assistant" I set all turrets to attack enemies.
I then take command (via remote window) to use my M3, kill the nearest enemy, which identifies the missile ships.

However, my M3 is too far away to be of any further use, and shortly after my capital ship is floating junk.

I'd still like to unlock the "Bonus Scenario 2", so any help would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance,
Kal

euclid
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by euclid » Fri, 24. May 13, 01:22

This made me start X2 again - last savegame dated February 2004 :)

Anyway, I managed to do the first fight simulation and the catch here is the same as in any Xenon sector (at least this is a the way I do it).

Ignore the supporting ships. They will fight, firing missiles etc. and are a nice distraction for the bulk of xenon ships. You turret settings are fine (missile defense) and there's no need to change that. Now.....

..focus on one xenon (target nearest enemy), take a runup with full speed then turn around and fire once in firing range (laser is on autoaim, that's just fine).

After the first pass do not chase after him. Instead keep going straight (away from him after the first attack) in particular if your hear Betty saying something about incoming missiles. Your turrets will take care of those if in firing range. If not (check with "target nearest enemy") then turn around, kill the missile(s) yourself and have another go for the nearest xenon (it should be the ship you initially attacked because he will go after you).

Your nova has powerful shields. So don't be shy to ram the xenon if your shields are full.

If there are too many missiles then just fly straight. They all will follow you and form up in a line behind you for your turret to take out. Reduce speed if necessary.

Well, that's about it. If things become hairy (shields low) then just fly straight for a while to recover.

Good luck pilot :)

Cheers Euclid
"In any special doctrine of nature there can be only as much proper science as there is mathematics therein.”
- Immanuel Kant (1724-1804), Metaphysical Foundations of the Science of Nature, 4:470, 1786

Virtualaughing
x4

Post by Virtualaughing » Sat, 25. May 13, 13:00

Scan ships for missiles as it suggested by the "teacher" orwhat.... see 1st signature below :D
X to X3 is MENU SUPERIOR!
I think Egosoft has already worked out our doom, because Xenon AI will reach the stars! :D

Hemmingfish

Post by Hemmingfish » Sat, 25. May 13, 14:58

He was asking about the second scenario in which you have to defend your titan from a bunch of hornet-carrying fighters.

How I did it was very slow and painful: I ignored the remote fighter and set my turrets to missile defence and flew around far away from the fighters while they tried to launch missiles at me. Since Hornets are extremely slow I could maintain my range while not being in much danger. After the ships ran out of missiles I set my turrets to attack enemies and went to town.

Virtualaughing
x4

Post by Virtualaughing » Sat, 25. May 13, 17:36

@Hemmingfish
Yeah ! kill the fighter which have missiles onboard lol
X to X3 is MENU SUPERIOR!
I think Egosoft has already worked out our doom, because Xenon AI will reach the stars! :D

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Sun, 26. May 13, 15:17

RSLG (Run, Screaming Like a Girl). Turn the Titan away from the enemies and let it run at full speed. Set turrets to Missile Defense.

Then take control of the M3, kill the informer, and then the missile boats. After that you can shift the Titan's turrets back to Attack Enemies (possibly even transfer gun from front turret to back).

The M3 is faster than the foes, and the foes chase the Titan. It is easy to catch and kill them up one by one. The fastest of them will reach the Titan, but there be the deadly photons.
Goner Pancake Protector X
Insanity included at no extra charge.
There is no Box. I am the sand.

Kal Ryper
x4

Post by Kal Ryper » Sun, 26. May 13, 21:51

RSLG worked. Mission accomplished.

Thanks all for your input. Just need something to ease my aching throat ... from all the screaming. :wink:

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”