Terran reputation restored MAGICALLY by doing single job?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Earth Ultimatum IV.
x4

Terran reputation restored MAGICALLY by doing single job?

Post by Earth Ultimatum IV. » Fri, 24. May 13, 17:48

(X3AP vanilla, non-modified) I started X3AP as Argon half year ago, so Terrans were hostile from beginning. Thus I was killing them, boarding, assassinating, farming on them, destroying stations, stealing ships all time.

Now I got a plot mission to get some M/A Warheads, so I tried repairing my reputation with Terrans, so I tried to figure out how to do it.

I flew to the Unknown terran sectors, south of Oort cloud, and I found two Pirate bases.

One of them was offering a mission "Follow that guy, don´t get detected", and it was offered by a Terran woman! I accepted it, I followed a Split Jaguar, only two sectors away from his target.

After the mission got completed, my Terran rank magically jumped from Terrorist to Planetary Senator, WTF?! (ATF rank too)

A single mission boosted my Terran rep from rock bottom to almost full??? Possible bug? Glitch? Somebody explain this lucky situation to me :D

BurningMan
x3ap

Post by BurningMan » Fri, 24. May 13, 17:51

Totally normal one hard or very hard mission for a race will usually give so much rep that you go from Kill on sight to can dock everywhere, i never really liked it that it was so easy to improve your reputation with a race from hostile to friendly, but thats just how the game works.

Earth Ultimatum IV.
x4

Post by Earth Ultimatum IV. » Fri, 24. May 13, 17:52

It was "Trivial"...

Well, time to buy some Kyotos and some Valis :twisted: before I start farming on them again.
Last edited by Earth Ultimatum IV. on Sat, 25. May 13, 14:32, edited 1 time in total.

ajax34i
x4

Post by ajax34i » Fri, 24. May 13, 18:11

How much did it pay?

I've seen missions listed as Very Hard because the AI only checks the local sector to see whether you have the stuff to complete it, and paying millions for Very Hard missions. Then as soon as I bring in the TL or the TP that's required to do the mission, poof suddenly it's rated Very Easy.

But the payout stays the same.

EDIT: Could be a bug, though.

Earth Ultimatum IV.
x4

Post by Earth Ultimatum IV. » Fri, 24. May 13, 19:31

I was sitting in my Kestrel all time. The mission was trivial when I accepted. Paid just about 300 000-400 000 credits.

Karmaticdamage
x4

Post by Karmaticdamage » Fri, 24. May 13, 22:13

I've noticed this aswell. On my terran character I couldn't get rep for argon by doing missions at the bottom rank, I had to kill hostiles in their space until it was high enough for missions to have an effect. However I can be at the bottom terran rank and bump it up by doing missions. Vanilla with bonus pack.

vr01
x4

Post by vr01 » Sat, 25. May 13, 00:58

Spoiler
Show
I believe when you get to this point the new plot updates your Argon / Yaki reputation to ensure you can complete this and subsequent missions, depending on which path you choose...

As per below Terran rep is not impacted... you must have been lucky!

***EDIT***
Corrected as per eldyranx3 post.
Last edited by vr01 on Sat, 25. May 13, 04:15, edited 2 times in total.

Sovereign01
x4

Post by Sovereign01 » Sat, 25. May 13, 02:55

Makes sense, gaining rep is easy, but not normally that easy, usually takes at least 3 missions to gain a single rank, let alone multiple ranks 8)

eldyranx3
xr

Post by eldyranx3 » Sat, 25. May 13, 03:31

vr01 wrote:
Spoiler
Show
I believe when you get to this point the new plot updates your reputation to ensure you can complete this and subsequent missions, depending on which path you choose...
This is not correct. Terran rank is not altered in Shady Business.
Spoiler
Show
If you side with Jonferco, your Argon Rank goes up if it is too low.
If you side with the Beryll your Yaki rank goes up if it is too low.
Terran rank is not affected. You have to claw your way up the old fashioned way.

vr01
x4

Post by vr01 » Sat, 25. May 13, 04:18

eldyranx3 wrote:
vr01 wrote:
Spoiler
Show
I believe when you get to this point the new plot updates your reputation to ensure you can complete this and subsequent missions, depending on which path you choose...
This is not correct. Terran rank is not altered in Shady Business.
Spoiler
Show
If you side with Jonferco, your Argon Rank goes up if it is too low.
If you side with the Beryll your Yaki rank goes up if it is too low.
Terran rank is not affected. You have to claw your way up the old fashioned way.
Oops! Fixed.

Earth Ultimatum IV.
x4

Post by Earth Ultimatum IV. » Sat, 25. May 13, 11:55

Spoiler
Show
I selected the Strong Arms, in Shady Business.

Virtualaughing
x4

Post by Virtualaughing » Sat, 25. May 13, 12:23

You re lucky man:D
I got a taxi mission after half day running from Terrans at one Pirate base with a barely citizen rank after its end ;p
X to X3 is MENU SUPERIOR!
I think Egosoft has already worked out our doom, because Xenon AI will reach the stars! :D

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”