Help choosing a ship and weapons

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

chrissy4nicole
x3tc

Help choosing a ship and weapons

Post by chrissy4nicole » Sat, 25. May 13, 23:44

Hi all am wanting some advise u currently have a pirate nova raider i use for fighting and capping but i am wondering what other people prefer to fight/cap in ans what weapons do the like to use on it could i have a few examples of ships and the weapons people use on them (weapons full names) as am not up with all the lingo.

Also i want a bigger support /fighting ship with a lot of firepower but dont like the manoverability of the bigger ships they to slow but can any1 suggest a bigger ship and weapons to go on it

Thanks chris

Lone Jedi
x3tc

Post by Lone Jedi » Sun, 26. May 13, 14:22

Which game?
I live in my Vidar.

Laser hit efficiency: 97% @190,499 shots
Missile hit efficiency: 97% @4,204 missiles fired

chrissy4nicole
x3tc

Post by chrissy4nicole » Sun, 26. May 13, 16:08

Erm x3 reunion

Snafu_X3
x3tc

Re: Help choosing a ship and weapons

Post by Snafu_X3 » Sun, 26. May 13, 17:06

chrissy4nicole wrote: could i have a few examples of ships and the weapons people use on them (weapons full names) as am not up with all the lingo.
Nova Raider is a good ship; put Phased Repeater Guns (PRGs) especially in the turret for the speed of shot, mixed with High Energy Plasma Throwers (HEPTs) in main. The Eclipse has a front turret as well, at the cost of a chunk of speed. Nova prototype has an extra shield & better energy regen

Split Mamba Raider has only 1 shield but good speed & a rear turret, in which you can put a Pulsed Beam Emitter (PBE) for missile defence; the rest can be Particle Accelerator Cannons (PACs) for speed of shot & a couple of HEPTs to increase range for bigger targets. The Chimera has a front turret as well, & 2 more shields, & is only slightly slower than your Nova

Teladi Kea has 5 shields & a turret front & back, but is half the speed of your Nova. It's got a decent cargo hold, so putting Energy Bolt Chainguns (EBCs) everywhere isn't a problem as it has space for the ammo

Terran Scimitar is even faster than your Nova, has 5 shields but low cargo & very limited munitions compatibility (Terran only). The Spitfyre has a rear turret & is the fastest M3 in the game, but is even more limited WRT guns (Aldrin only, & you can't build their fabs even late game)

Paranid Perseus Raider has only 2 shields but is slightly faster than your Nova & can fit EBC &/or PBE as you wish. Ignore Fragmentation Bomb Launchers (FBLs); they're useless in your personal ship (or any other ship IS (in-sector))
Also i want a bigger support /fighting ship with a lot of firepower but dont like the manoverability of the bigger ships they to slow but can any1 suggest a bigger ship and weapons to go on it
As ship size increases, its speed & maneuverability decreases. A good compromise is the M6, but don't go for the Dragon (Split) or the Osprey (Teladi) as the first's turret coverage is poor; the second a snail could outrun. Best is Hyperion Vanguard, but you can't buy it; after that the Argon Centaur is perfectly adequate, but by then you should have enough money to buy & try a few out to make your own choices

[EDIT] Ninja'd; see sig for caveat
Wiki X:R 1st Tit capping
Wiki X3:TC vanilla: Guide to generic missions, Guide to finding & capping Aran
Never played AP; all X3 advice is based on vanilla+bonus pack TC or before: AP has not changed much WRT general advice.

I know how to spell teladiuminumiumium, I just don't know when to stop!

Dom (Wiki Moderator) 8-) DxDiag

Earth Ultimatum IV.
x4

Post by Earth Ultimatum IV. » Sun, 26. May 13, 18:22

Mamba Vanguard is godlike. Seriously, try it. Managed to wipe out whole Xenon sector with that thing, including capitals, excluding stations (I don´t have patience for that :) )

Lone Jedi
x3tc

Post by Lone Jedi » Sun, 26. May 13, 22:37

@Snafu_X3: The OP asks about Reunion.

@chrissy4nicole: You already got one of the best fighters. Any of the M3+ is more powerful and durable, in which Xenon XL is the best.

You don't need bigger ships in Reunion, in fact it's the last X game that fighters are good enough as the main personal ships.

You can try mass drivers if you want to kill fast.
I live in my Vidar.

Laser hit efficiency: 97% @190,499 shots
Missile hit efficiency: 97% @4,204 missiles fired

chrissy4nicole
x3tc

Post by chrissy4nicole » Sun, 26. May 13, 22:51

Ok thanks so what weapons would u put on my pirate nova raider as i need ones good for capping but also ones for killing fast if needed

masternerdguy
x3ap

Post by masternerdguy » Sun, 26. May 13, 23:02

You have 8 slots, and a diverse Commonwealth arsenal. I'd do 4x HEPT, 2x Mass Driver, 2x [your favorite capping gun]

And that should do it!

Triaxx2
x4

Post by Triaxx2 » Mon, 27. May 13, 02:34

Beta PAC's x4, the Best HEPT it can mount and a pair of MD's. The PAC's are for capping, the HEPT's are for hitting certain heavy attackers, and the MD's are for knocking out M6's, which are too heavily shielded to be easily destroyed.

The only ship better than the Pirate Nova Raider in Reunion was the Xenon LX.
A Pirate's Revenge Completed Now in PDF by _Zap_
APR Book 2: Best Served Cold Updated 8/5/2016

The Tale of Ea't s'Quid Completed

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

chrissy4nicole
x3tc

Post by chrissy4nicole » Mon, 27. May 13, 11:45

What are the full name of the weapons as i am bit of a noob and what are best weapons for capping

Geek
Moderator (Français)
Moderator (Français)
x4

Post by Geek » Mon, 27. May 13, 13:40

PAC = Particle Accelerator Canon
Beta PACs are half-decent at capping. Good speed too.

HEPT = High Energy Plasma Thrower
High damage, but slow. Use against slower targets only.

MD = Mass Driver
Ammo based gun that ignore shields, but does little damage. Useless in small numbers, not suited for capping (which require shields down).

As I said in another thread, the best capping weapon are Pulsed Beam Emitters : extreme shield damage, moderate hull damage is the winning combo. But the PNR can not mount them.
Right on commander !

chrissy4nicole
x3tc

Post by chrissy4nicole » Mon, 27. May 13, 14:53

Ok thankyou i will defo get the weapons u have sugested.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”