X3: Albion Prelude Special Command Software - Collect Astronaut

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

LabrinthAbyss
x3tc

X3: Albion Prelude Special Command Software - Collect Astronaut

Post by LabrinthAbyss » Sun, 26. May 13, 18:36

The software says you can collect astronauts, then either enslave and sell them to pirate bases, or set them free, or make marines out of them...

The question(s) is/are:

How or where do you make marines out of them? The guide that is posted for this is unclear on exactly how to do this, it only states what stations/races will or will not do this.

Is there a mission or a part of the story plot that must be completed before I can train my own Marines from the pirates I capture? There is no command that I can see that will allow me to do anything with the captured astronauts in X3: Albion Prelude

T0rmented
x3tc

Re: X3: Albion Prelude Special Command Software - Collect Astronaut

Post by T0rmented » Sun, 26. May 13, 18:44

LabrinthAbyss wrote:The software says you can collect astronauts, then either enslave and sell them to pirate bases, or set them free, or make marines out of them...

The question(s) is/are:

How or where do you make marines out of them? The guide that is posted for this is unclear on exactly how to do this, it only states what stations/races will or will not do this.

Is there a mission or a part of the story plot that must be completed before I can train my own Marines from the pirates I capture? There is no command that I can see that will allow me to do anything with the captured astronauts in X3: Albion Prelude
You have been misinformed, marines cannot be made of those you capture, only slaves.

Earth Ultimatum IV.
x4

Post by Earth Ultimatum IV. » Sun, 26. May 13, 18:44

You can do it in Rehabilitation facilities. But I recommend to buy marines at military bases, it´s easier and marine stats are not random generated, you select marines which you want, then you train them.

T0rmented
x3tc

Post by T0rmented » Sun, 26. May 13, 20:40

Earth ultimatum IV. wrote:You can do it in Rehabilitation facilities. But I recommend to buy marines at military bases, it´s easier and marine stats are not random generated, you select marines which you want, then you train them.
NO! you cannot, the process is:
land at rehab facility, convert passenger to slave, sell slave to facility.
Any marine(s) created at the facility will not be the passenger(s) you sold but totally random marines, which will be created regardless of whether slaves are present or not!

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”