3rd Person Camera Distance screwed up on Teladi Cormorant

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Amun Ra
x3ap

3rd Person Camera Distance screwed up on Teladi Cormorant

Post by Amun Ra » Tue, 28. May 13, 01:43

Since the technical forums say "Special user access privileges required" or some magical BS preventing me from posting my case there is likely going to get moved to there. I will post it here because I feel it necessary to say this before I go contacting Egosoft's CEO about "How their technical forums do not function as intended and could use a change in staff."

Anyway, The 3rd Person Camera is locked at a distance for a ship nearly 10 time's the size of this M7 ship known as the Cormorant. I never had this problem with other M7/M7C's because of their size and correct camera distances. But the detail put into this ship is a lot better than other Teladi ships and I am wondering whats with the massive locked distance away from a vessel that isn't even half the size of an M2? Can this be fixed in a quick patch or so? Can I modify that camera value on my own? If so, tell me how. I spent nearly a week to get that ship and then some. And it really bothers me I cannot view it properly in third person..

JUST TO CLARIFY THIS HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH CAMERA CONTROLS. I KNOW THE NUMPAD AND ALL OF IT'S FUNCTIONS! THIS IS ABOUT A MISTAKE CODED INTO THE TELADI CORMORANT AS THE VIEW DISTANCE IS LOCKED FOR TEMPLATE M2 RATHER THAN THE OTHER M7C's. WHY THIS WAS OVERLOOKED I HAVE IDEA.

If your an admin, and have a problem with this, please move it to Technical help. If your a modder and can help me make a quick fix for this. I'd be honored to have your assistance. This is so far, the only irritating problem I have with the game. And I don't feel like working up the Boron reputation to get the Guppy right away as I've settled for the ladder in terms of a M7C as my personal flagship until I get something better..

Amun Ra
x3ap

Post by Amun Ra » Tue, 28. May 13, 01:53

I apologize for double posting. But if you can, compare this ship with the Boron Guppy and tell me about 3rd Person Camera differences... That's all the proof you need if your a hardcore hater of anyone bringing something new to the table.

Mad_CatMk2
x4

Post by Mad_CatMk2 » Tue, 28. May 13, 03:23

To gain access to the tech support forums you need to register your copy of X3.

You need to find your cdkey (physical or steam..) and link it to your profile. Once done it should be verified pretty much instantly and you can get into the forum.
I fly an OWP. What about you?

Amun Ra
x3ap

Post by Amun Ra » Tue, 28. May 13, 04:25

My mistake. I will dig it up and register it. This post is now concluded.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”