5 pounds of books on mouse for laser? laser thingy is here!:)

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

RayF

5 pounds of books on mouse for laser? laser thingy is here!:)

Post by RayF » Tue, 28. May 13, 17:51

update : 1-jul-2013

The new version ihas been tagged as "steroids version"
why??
because it runs on steroids..It will fix any ship M1,M2,.....in a matter of seconds..yes, seconds..

HOWEVER,
this is an on memory binary modification which means it will only work for what was programmed to work for: TC 3.2.2012
So, if you dont have the above exacy version, dont use this .

**modified** super friendly:roll:

Instructions how to use:
------------------------------
1) goto your damaged ship eject and face it like you always do with the normal spaceship+laser repair
2) Press SHIFT+F9 : You must hear the audio confirmation and the laser should start firing by it self.
3) move the mouse and target the damaged ship.
4) watch the hull as it rushes to 100% :roll:
5) When reached to 100% YOU MUST PRESS SHIFT+F10 UNTIL YOU HEAR "Confirmed!" This will restore the original bytes of the laser power back to the game. If you dont , your game will have unintended side effects like the ships been immune to damage and others or even game will crash..be warned!

the laser thingy / On steroids!
X3 laser thingy.zip - 76.4 KB

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Being playing the game for a few weeks now and i soon realized that for the very next few weeks/months i will be using the laser to fix the hull of my ships.

After some experience with it i soon realized that a better solution was needed:

The way it works is very simple.

- before launching the game run this app and leave it running.
- on your game when u eject from your ship and you are ready to start fixing press SHIFT+F9 and voila.
- Press SHIFT-F10 anytime to disable or just click right mouse button once.

**a minor bug starts the leaser pointing a little lower than your origing mouse pointer..doesnot matter really.

For the skeptical why the 1kb app went upto around 150kb :
- Coded in pure asm -> 1kb code
- added the logo ->47kb
-added the nice icon ->91kb
- added audio message for enabling laser ->31kb
- added audio message for disabling laser ->11kb

sums upto around 180kb, compressed down to 150kb..Not bad at all.

[ external image ]
Last edited by RayF on Sun, 25. May 14, 10:33, edited 2 times in total.

ianbillmorris
x3tc

Great idea...

Post by ianbillmorris » Tue, 28. May 13, 18:41

I can think of some other features I would add,
1) Make it hold down left control (I assume it sends a mouse click instead?) 2) make it hold down the J key so that SETA auto activates (you can do left ctrl and J at the same time)
3) make it turn off SETA and make a noise before the suits air runs out?

Thanks

Ian

ajax34i
x4

Post by ajax34i » Tue, 28. May 13, 20:28

Programmable keyboards can do this, too. You set up a key as a toggle on / toggle off for [ , and you add a binding for Cursor Fire to [ in addition to the mouse right button.

You can do other cool stuff too, like program in the whole sequence for the piracy thing to launch your marines with one key, have a toggle that circle-strafes (up, right, down, left) by itself as you fly around, or do a whole sequence of setting up shields, weapons, mosquito orders, and turret commands for 30 TS transports you just bought.

RayF

Post by RayF » Tue, 28. May 13, 21:18

ajax,
nice!
too early for me though for that :)

Ian:
Didnt know that suit had limited air :)

Lone Jedi
x3tc

Post by Lone Jedi » Tue, 28. May 13, 21:26

I just pay the shipyards for repairing and do a couple of missions to cover the cost. No point to waste time AFK for millions of credits.
I live in my Vidar.

Laser hit efficiency: 97% @190,499 shots
Missile hit efficiency: 97% @4,204 missiles fired

Solomon Short
x4

Re: 5 pounds of books on mouse for laser? laser thingy is here!:)

Post by Solomon Short » Tue, 28. May 13, 21:43

RayF wrote:- Download a 6mb bloadware on my computer that will do that (dont think so!)
- Quickly write my own program taking just 1kb of my hard drive.
OTOH, AutoHotkey (or at least the version I have):
- is only 1.5Mb to DL.
- is fairly easy to use.
- can be reconfigured on the fly.
- can change the window size in windowed mode so that the annoying border Win7 instists on foisting on you doesn't deform your menus & whatnot.
- can be configured to do SETA repairs
- can be used to Hotkey the marine training options (I haven't actually written this yet, because I haven't decided which variations I want, or which keys to assign them to).
- can be used for a few other tasks where it'd be much more effective if i could work out how to insert an "exit loop" hotkey into loops.
- can be used with other applications.

ajax34i
x4

Post by ajax34i » Tue, 28. May 13, 21:48

Autohotkey may raise "botting" flags with several of the MMO's that I play, thus getting me banned, so I don't use it.

Solomon Short
x4

Post by Solomon Short » Wed, 29. May 13, 00:14

I would think AHK would only raise flags if you have it doing things in the game, it shouldn't be detected just because it's on your system.

Alternately, you could just close it when loading your MMOs.

ianbillmorris
x3tc

Post by ianbillmorris » Wed, 29. May 13, 00:14

Glad I could warn you of something, While you are in your suit go to ship info, it will tell you your air supply. I believe you die when it runs out, but have never tested it.

You know the trick where you can eject a SETA device, pick it up in your suit and hold down left crtl + J to do SETA repairs through right?

Cheers

Ian

Solomon Short
x4

Post by Solomon Short » Wed, 29. May 13, 00:30

Indeed, spacesuit expires after 2 in-game hours.

With SETA set to 10x that's 12m IRL, at 6x it's 20m.

M7s & M7Ms can be over 3hrs worth of repairs, & any extensions (SETA, Trading System Extension) on your space suit are lost when you enter a ship to reset the timer, & they can't be ejected either (which is why I usually install the Trading System Extension, so I can continue to manage my empire without having to hop back into a ship).

TrickyDick
x3ap

Re: Great idea...

Post by TrickyDick » Wed, 29. May 13, 01:14

ianbillmorris wrote: 3) make it turn off SETA and make a noise before the suits air runs out?
Ian

It's good to learn that in the forums instead of in-game...
"God does not play at dice."
-Albert Einstein

"Stop telling God what to do!"
-Neils Bohr

X-Tie
x4

Post by X-Tie » Wed, 29. May 13, 11:46

TrickyDick wrote:
ianbillmorris wrote: 3) make it turn off SETA and make a noise before the suits air runs out?
Ian

It's good to learn that in the forums instead of in-game...
Hahaha it's more fun learning it in-game... It's just one of those other "What the.... oooooh I see... I learned something new today in X" moments :D

On another note, it's a good idea to do repairs on small ships, but when the hulls start getting big, I find it is a real waste of time... Better to send it for repairs, you can have fun and do a couple of missions to cover the costs easily apart from if you come across a nice M7 at the beginning of a game through a ship retrieval mission. My Aran cost over 100 million to repair in X3:TC, but by the time you have an Aran, who cares about 100 million??

Triaxx2
x4

Post by Triaxx2 » Wed, 29. May 13, 12:25

Ajax, that's true, but we can't all afford a Programmable Keyboard.

RayF, awesome work I like it. Thanks for taking the time to write it.
A Pirate's Revenge Completed Now in PDF by _Zap_
APR Book 2: Best Served Cold Updated 8/5/2016

The Tale of Ea't s'Quid Completed

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Earth Ultimatum IV.
x4

Post by Earth Ultimatum IV. » Wed, 29. May 13, 12:42

Nice work and idea! However Iam lazy to download, all I do is put Axe spray on CTRL key and it goes :)

RayF

Post by RayF » Wed, 29. May 13, 14:37

ianbillmorris wrote:Glad I could warn you of something, While you are in your suit go to ship info, it will tell you your air supply. I believe you die when it runs out, but have never tested it.

You know the trick where you can eject a SETA device, pick it up in your suit and hold down left crtl + J to do SETA repairs through right?

Cheers

Ian
NO! i didnt know any of this!!
usually, so far, repairing time is around 10-30 mins and its coffee time :))

Free Trade Inn
x3tc

Post by Free Trade Inn » Wed, 29. May 13, 15:06

Two words, 'sticky tape' :)

FTI
You can be cool, or you can be nasty, but as soon as you are one, you are not the other.
FTI

TTD
x4

Post by TTD » Wed, 29. May 13, 22:37

I used to just use an old credit card to hold down the [Ctrl] key.
Something has changed,because the laser stops after a while.

Teronredoran
x3tc

Post by Teronredoran » Thu, 30. May 13, 00:02

There's a trick in the steam version that basically does this. Basically, if you use the mouse to fire and shift+tab to bring up the steam interface it will keep firing where you had your laser pointed until you get back to the game and click the mouse again. I know a fair number of people don't use the steam version though, so they'll definitely approve.
"That's what I'd look like if I was badass" Friend on seeing Dr Who for the first time.

RayF

Post by RayF » Thu, 30. May 13, 12:34

ianbillmorris wrote:I can think of some other features I would add,
1) Make it hold down left control (I assume it sends a mouse click instead?) 2) make it hold down the J key so that SETA auto activates (you can do left ctrl and J at the same time)
3) make it turn off SETA and make a noise before the suits air runs out?

Thanks

Ian
Ian,
what do these keys do?? can u elaborate??

Solomon Short
x4

Post by Solomon Short » Thu, 30. May 13, 23:10

If you install SETA on your spacesuit, & hold it down (rather than just a quick press), you can enter & remain in SETA whilst doing your repair, thus getting long jobs done in less RL-time.

No idea what the advantage of LCtrl over Left-click is, but that is the model I use.

As for the timer, that's due to the fact that your Spacesuit has an "O2 supply" that runs out after 2 hours game-time, so aborting SETA & sounding an alert allows the player to reenter a ship before the death caused by O2 running out.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”