Question re docking a TL in Terran Conflict / XTC

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

lincs_geezer
x2

Question re docking a TL in Terran Conflict / XTC

Post by lincs_geezer » Wed, 29. May 13, 01:50

Hi I hope I'm posting in the right forum.

I'm playing Terran Conflict / XTC and I found an abandoned TL. Normally on remote ships I can select the option the option to fly to a station. However there is no option in the menu to do this. I thought perhaps this is because Navigation Command MK1 software was missing, so I transferred that over and it made no difference.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks

euclid
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by euclid » Wed, 29. May 13, 02:19

Hi and congratulations :)

You have found one of the many "freebees" (i.e. "empty" ships) hidden in the X Universe. You need to go EVA (yes, in your spacesuit), target and approach the ship <=40 m and you should get the option "claim". After that the ship is yours and you can issue commands or even enter it and fly it yourself.

Cheers Euclid
"In any special doctrine of nature there can be only as much proper science as there is mathematics therein.”
- Immanuel Kant (1724-1804), Metaphysical Foundations of the Science of Nature, 4:470, 1786

lincs_geezer
x2

Post by lincs_geezer » Wed, 29. May 13, 02:28

Hi there

Thanks a lot for your reply. I'm not totally inexperienced in X I used to play it a long time ago. I know all about claiming ships, I even have the Salvage Claim Software. I have already claimed the ship. It's just when I go into the orders for that ship there is no fly to station command, just fly to sector.

Thanks

Solomon Short
x4

Post by Solomon Short » Wed, 29. May 13, 03:19

TLs & Capitals need "Bigship" grade docking clamps, most stations don't have them.

In vanilla you would be looking at Shipyards, Equipment Docks, Military Outposts, some additional Terran Stations, & most (but not all) of the Corporate HQs. (I think that's comprehensive).

I have no idea what changes Xtended for TC would've made, if any, & queries regarding it belong in Scripts & Modding, or the mod-teams forum.

Eisenheim
x3tc

Post by Eisenheim » Wed, 29. May 13, 03:23

Maybe you mean an abandoned TP? Im pretty sure there are no TLs to claim.
"Wir alle sind Riesen, die von Zwergen erzogen wurden und sich deshalb angewöhnt haben mit einem krummen Buckel herumzulaufen"
"We are all giants, raised by pygmies, who have learned to walk with a perpetual mental crouch."
-R.A. Wilson

Merke: Mille heisst Tausend !

vr01
x4

Post by vr01 » Wed, 29. May 13, 03:57

If you are playing XTC which is a mod for X3:TC then you should ask in the appropriate thread in Scripts & Modding.

AFAIK abandoned TL's don't exist in vanilla X3:TC.

Triaxx2
x4

Post by Triaxx2 » Wed, 29. May 13, 03:57

He's playing with Xtended so there may be Freebies. I think this is better either in the topic in S&M, or on the X-Universe forums which are specific to XTC and should be linked in the first post in the S&M topic.
A Pirate's Revenge Completed Now in PDF by _Zap_
APR Book 2: Best Served Cold Updated 8/5/2016

The Tale of Ea't s'Quid Completed

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

lincs_geezer
x2

Post by lincs_geezer » Wed, 29. May 13, 08:16

I am playing with XTC and no it's not that I'm looking at the wrong type of place to dock at, as because like I said there is no option to select to select to fly to a station thus I cannot get as far as picking a place to dock at in the first place (hope that makes sense). I've had a scour elsewhere on the internet and it seems that some people have had this problem and find that the only resolution is to enter the TL themselves and Comms the shipyard (or whatever) to ask for docking, so when it finally arrive within the required distance I will try that.

It seems to be a mortal sin to post in this forum if you have XTC installed so if I have any more queries I will post in there in future.

vr01
x4

Post by vr01 » Wed, 29. May 13, 09:13

No its not a mortal sin. There is a Scripts & Modding forum for a reason to ensure that users don't get confused and get incorrect answers. You have posted in the main X-Universe forum which is for the vanilla game.

You should post your question here:

X-Tended -Terran Conflict V2.0 Released. [22/12/2012]

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”