Good place to set up HQ?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

kizito
xr

Good place to set up HQ?

Post by kizito » Wed, 29. May 13, 21:01

Which systems have given you the best results and versatility when it comes to setting up ship building facilities?

euclid
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by euclid » Wed, 29. May 13, 23:26

It's a matter of personal intentions.

As you know the player HQ cannot be connected to other stations/factories to form a complex but it needs resources (a lot) to build ships. So if you have already a complex/factories then it is a good idea to place the HQ near by. If not, then a good choice is a sector with sufficient resources (asteroids/npc factories). However there is also the matter of security. You don't want to place it in a pirate or near any hostile sector. Thus a sector owned by a race you are in good terms with and with high security is a good choice.

Cheers Euclid
"In any special doctrine of nature there can be only as much proper science as there is mathematics therein.”
- Immanuel Kant (1724-1804), Metaphysical Foundations of the Science of Nature, 4:470, 1786

werewolves?
x4

Post by werewolves? » Wed, 29. May 13, 23:46

I generally use recycling extensively - fuelled through piracy. So I just put it somewhere that looks the coolest. I might make a small energy loop inside an asteroid in the same sector for jump fuel. But it can really be anywhere

Generally gives me more than enough resources for ship building, a small mobile mining fleet homebased to your PHQ can give you more than enough ore and silicon as well.

In X3AP the unknown sector by legend's home is popular, so it the unknown sector by X534.

Sabrina Bergin
xr

Post by Sabrina Bergin » Wed, 29. May 13, 23:53

Werewolves:

That is a fave sector of mine as well which given that you are going to be attacked by one corporation or another after Shady business upgrade/patch then it is easily defensible with little passing trade.

Don't forget that even if you are on good terms with a race they will not defend your stations for you so speak softly but have a fleet to hand to kick arse.
When traveling pause occasionally, look back and enjoy the moment again.

ACID SCOUT

Post by ACID SCOUT » Thu, 30. May 13, 00:16

Thanks to AP 3.0 and my patience Terran HQ is now in Light Of Hope (or any name you choose for it) .
By the way I want to give a hug to those responsible for creating "Breaking Grounds" sector's visuals and the soundtrack that plays in it.

On topic, I always pick the one that looks and sounds best :)

tbwen
x4

Post by tbwen » Thu, 30. May 13, 11:47

Freedom's Reach.

It's center-ish to the game universe. It's pretty close to Akeela's Beacon, where I run solar power plants to power everything in my empire. Nearby Argon ED and OTAS HQ for jumpdrives is a plus for my HQ grinding out ships.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”