Jump beacon in UFJD sectors

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

xant
x4

Jump beacon in UFJD sectors

Post by xant » Thu, 30. May 13, 02:14

I've read that you can drop a jump beacon in an UFJD sector and then call any ship to you by using the "Jump to me" command.

Finally I was able to obtain said beacon only to find out that it doesn't work in UFJD sectors. The command gets accepted, but instead of doing the jump they change to "Follow", which of course cannot work due to me being in a sector without a direct route that connects me to the X-Universe.

I tried it from Terran sectors, non-Terran sectors, Terran sectors with own jump beacons to sectors without jump beacons, the ship being in the same sector I used to jump from and with the ship being in another sector. I also tried several ships, from big (M2) and medium (M7M) to small (M3). The result was always the same.

Did I overlook something or was something altered with AP 3.0? What am I missing? :(

Tohron
x3tc

Post by Tohron » Thu, 30. May 13, 02:19

There is a trick to get ships to jump to a jump beacon in a UFJD sector.

Add your own ship (in the sector) to a wing, and add all the ships you want to jump to you to the same wing. Open up the Wing Command Console, go to Navigation --> Jump --> Select Jumpgate, then hit Enter to confirm the UFJD sector and select the Jump Beacon as a destination. The other ships will jump to the jump beacon (yours will do nothing).

To get them back out, you can use wing commands again (be sure to remove your own ship from the wing, so they leave first).

xant
x4

Post by xant » Thu, 30. May 13, 12:23

It's somewhat tricky... by telling my wing to jump to the beacon, my own ship instantly jumped back to where I came from and the beacon was lost, but after reloading and trying again it works fine now.

Thank you very much. :)

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”