[Solved] Shooting an Advanced Satellite causes a Freeze

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

cca_ccb
x3tc

[Solved] Shooting an Advanced Satellite causes a Freeze

Post by cca_ccb » Thu, 30. May 13, 21:45

Hello,

i have some problem with my current X3TC game.
Whenever an advanced satellite (AS) owned by the player is destroyed, no matter who shoots it reliably causes the game to freeze.
I have spawned race-owned AS and destroyed them and the game doesn't freeze.
This happens both if im IS with the satellite and OOS.
On a newly created game this doesn't happen. So it probaly isn't one of the scripts I currently use.

And now comes the hard part. The savegame with the freezes is about 2 years old. It sufvived multiple windows-reinstalls and probaly has loads of stuff left from old scripts/mods that i don't use anymore and worse, don't even know what they were.

So here is my Question: Is there any way I can find out what is causing this?
I suspect an old script part still alive in a zombie-like state. But how to find out what...?
Last edited by cca_ccb on Sun, 2. Jun 13, 22:31, edited 1 time in total.

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Re: Shooting an Advanced Satellite causes a Freeze

Post by DrBullwinkle » Fri, 31. May 13, 04:05

cca_ccb wrote:So it probably isn't one of the scripts I currently use.
That sounds right.

Back up your saved games (if you have not already done so).

Reinstall a satellite-related script that you no longer use, then test in-game. Do not save until you find the culprit script.

If that script does not solve the problem, then remove it and repeat until you find the troublesome script.

By not saving your game you will avoid doing any more harm to your save.

Possible Hint: The only script I can think of, off the top of my head, that runs anything on satellites is SEWN.

cca_ccb
x3tc

Post by cca_ccb » Sat, 1. Jun 13, 11:21

Okay so afte a little testing and thinking today I found the most likely answer. (However can't test it until I'm back home)

It probaly is the script Ship killed notifications that I forgot to install. This makes sense because
1) it is reproducable with the savegame I currently have access to (I simply deleted the script and shot one of my own ships -> freeze)
2) somwone else in the thread of the plugin mentioned the same problem

So when I get back home I'll try it out and report.

Just for future debugging: is there any way to show which scrips are currently running on a ship/station/satelite?

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Sat, 1. Jun 13, 11:40

cca_ccb wrote:Just for future debugging: is there any way to show which scrips are currently running on a ship/station/satelite?
Yes, there is. Open the ingame Script Editor and set "Script Debugging: Additional information" to On. Afterwards select a station or ship as target and bring up the info menu. When you scroll down here you can see a section relating to the Scripts currently running on the selected object as well as another section showing its notoriety and race relation info.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

cca_ccb
x3tc

Post by cca_ccb » Sun, 2. Jun 13, 22:31

Yes! It was that script.
After I reinstalled it the game no longer freezes whenever my stuff gets destroyed.

Strange, that I didn't think about destroying sth else (as this also triggered a freeze)...
And that it was of all things a satelite that was destroyed and not one of my figthers.

And thanks for the info how to lool what scripts run on what ship. (although wouldn't have helped me as it was an uncatched signal)

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”