X3TC - Claymore gift - very nice thank you - My first M7. No Phantoms!

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Silverbox
x3tc

X3TC - Claymore gift - very nice thank you - My first M7. No Phantoms!

Post by Silverbox » Fri, 31. May 13, 09:37

I started X3TC as a Humble Trader and have worked my way through the Terran Plot and completed it! Woo-Hoo! :D
Took a while as I was building my empire first!
I now have a Claymore M7 gifted to me that uses Phantom missiles only.
There are NO phantom missiles anywhere. :evil:
I have mapped the whole universe and have satellites in every sector. I use the 'Universal Best Buys/Sells Locator by alex2069' script which is great, but there are no Phantoms anywhere in Terran space or Commonwealth space. No factories I can build to produce them either! What is the point of the Claymore if there are no Phantom missiles! How do I get them? Any advice would be much appreciated!

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Fri, 31. May 13, 09:42

The Claymore is an M8.

If there are no Phantom missiles in your game anymore, the only reliable solution to get one, would be completing the Aldrin Plot (Aldrin Expansion), after which you get access to the respective station to produce this missile type on your own.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

Silverbox
x3tc

Post by Silverbox » Fri, 31. May 13, 09:56

Oh yeah, M8! Silly me! :oops:
So there were Phantom missiles at one point then? GOD engine removed I suppose?!
It did take me a while to get to Terran space as I was exploring and empire building for a long time! I have 2 plots at the moment - HUB plot and Final Fury - how do you get to the Aldrin Plot - I have my explorer Kestrel mapping Aldrin at the moment for me.

marrok
x3tc

Post by marrok » Fri, 31. May 13, 10:37

To start the Aldrin missions, you'll need to complete the Terran campaign, the Goner campaign, Operation Final Fury and get the first pair of HUB gates. Then you should get a message that Craig Armstrong wants to speak with you in Asteroid Belt.

Silverbox
x3tc

Post by Silverbox » Fri, 31. May 13, 11:07

Blimey! Be a while before I get that Aldrin plot then! What do I do in the mean time with my Claymore? Sell it I suppose or is it worth hanging on to? Will the Phantom missile facts ever respawn?

Lone Jedi
x3tc

Post by Lone Jedi » Fri, 31. May 13, 11:30

Claymore is just a normal ship available in many Terran Shipyards. Sell it if you want to.
I live in my Vidar.

Laser hit efficiency: 97% @190,499 shots
Missile hit efficiency: 97% @4,204 missiles fired

marrok
x3tc

Post by marrok » Fri, 31. May 13, 11:57

The Claymore is the best M8 (due to the superior Phantoms) and a decent short range freighter but in your situation i would sell it. If you are interested in M8, try out the commonwealth ones first. If you like the fighting style with bombers you can still replace them with Claymores after the Aldrin missions.

Sovereign01
x4

Post by Sovereign01 » Fri, 31. May 13, 14:54

I left mine docked at the Torus until I could build the fabs. Once you have a complex making Phantoms, it's easily the best M8 in TC 8)

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”