Recalling drones?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Damian Swift
x4

Recalling drones?

Post by Damian Swift » Fri, 31. May 13, 17:22

Is there any way to recall Drones to your ship? Or do you just have to scoop them up after deployment?

greypanther
x3ap

Post by greypanther » Fri, 31. May 13, 17:36

Just scoop I am afraid, unless you want to go modded, in which case I think there is a script, which will teleport them back aboard. :)
Pray that there's intelligent life somewhere up in space
'Cause there's bugger all down here on Earth

Kirlack
x3tc

Post by Kirlack » Fri, 31. May 13, 17:52

You can order them to stop (command: none), which makes them a lot easier to scoop up. They still use energy though, so if their energy levels are low you might not have time to collect all of them, depending how many you dropped.

ajax34i
x4

Post by ajax34i » Fri, 31. May 13, 18:14

They do dock at ships that have fighter hangar space.

Solomon Short
x4

Post by Solomon Short » Fri, 31. May 13, 20:10

In TC I believe both "Follow <Player-owned ship with fighter docking>" & "Protect <Player-owned ship with fighter docking>" (the latter after cleaning up enemies should result in drones docking & reverting to cargo (to prevent crash non-landings, try to make them OOS landings at a ship other than the Playership).

In AP of late, I've personally been picking them up manually 'cos even OOS they've just been approaching the TM & parking.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”