Lottery

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Wegetzu
x2

Lottery

Post by Wegetzu » Thu, 11. Mar 04, 20:41

Has anyone of you won in a lottery? Is that even possible!?!?!

:Nova
xr

Post by :Nova » Thu, 11. Mar 04, 20:43

Bought one ticket, didn't win, so gave up :x

JackScratch
x2

Post by JackScratch » Thu, 11. Mar 04, 20:47

From what I understand, your chances of winning are about equal to that of winning the real lottery. In other words, I don't think anyone has actually won yet.

I haven't won in like 500 attempts at it.

veelad
x3tc

Post by veelad » Thu, 11. Mar 04, 21:11

well done jackscratch, keep spending mate :D , you will soon be as poor as me :o , and find yourself as a steerage class passenger on an argon express :(
There will be no Boom and Bust under my watch in the economy of my universe ROFLOL

JackScratch
x2

Post by JackScratch » Thu, 11. Mar 04, 21:15

Heh. I barely notice the expense any more from my Rabid Impulse Lottery ticket buying. :)

And to be completely honest I think it would ruin the game for me if I got a jackpot as large as the ones they post on the BBS all at once. There would really be no point in doing anything at all.

It's just one of those things I do for the feeling of immersion and roleplay that makes a game more enjoyable for me.

Crazywolf2001
x3tc

Post by Crazywolf2001 » Thu, 11. Mar 04, 21:33

I think they should make a sticky for this question - I did a quick calculation of the odds a few days back and it worked out at something like 10,000,000,000,000,000 to 1 against your winning.

One thing I don't know is if each ticket you buy is for a seperate lottery draw - if it is then every ticket will always give you just
:lol: One chance in Ten Thousand Billion :lol:

of winning: if they all count towards just one lottery draw then eventually you may win(if you live long enough!)

OK. So it isn't impossible to win - unless it is: I meant though, we don't know what was running through the minds of team at EGOSOFT when they included this lottery. It may do nothing but gobble up credits, so the programmers that produced the code for it will be rolling around laughing at us all trying to win it when there's nothing to win!
(And I do admit to buying the occaisional ticket myself: just in case! :oops: )

Graaf
x3tc

Post by Graaf » Thu, 11. Mar 04, 22:00

I believe that every sector has a diff lottery!

DarkSaber2k
x2

Post by DarkSaber2k » Thu, 11. Mar 04, 22:03

I heard that the amount of lottery tickets you buy has some influence on your chances for being accepted for the 'Do you like to gamble?' BBS missions.

Lutzie
x2

Post by Lutzie » Thu, 11. Mar 04, 23:00

If you can win then it'll take 100,000 X2 players over 300,000 real years (Not game years) if they all played once a day. And even then only one would win once. I did calculate it somewhere on this forum...
People, LEARN:

Lose: To be unsuccessful in retaining possession of; for example: He's always losing his money.
Loose: Not fastened or restrained; for example: Loose papers

veelad
x3tc

Post by veelad » Fri, 12. Mar 04, 07:30

Now Now, lets not discourage the big spenders :o , dont listen to all that hubbub about it being 10 billion to one :( , dont worry about all that rubbish, just think, today could be your lucky day :D , all those dubloons to spend on new ships, carriers,destroyers, a magnificent fleet, factories gallore churning out 125 mw shields, no more worrying if energy cell prices are too high :gruebel: , flying into khaak territory with impudence :xenon: , so what if they destroy ten of your best carriers and 20 destroyers :shock: , you can afford it, just buy some more. :D

GO ON, BUY them lottery tickets, you know ya want to :twisted:
There will be no Boom and Bust under my watch in the economy of my universe ROFLOL

Crazywolf2001
x3tc

Post by Crazywolf2001 » Fri, 12. Mar 04, 11:49

PLEASE!!!
It's not 10 Billion to 1. 8)
It's Ten THOUSAND Billion to 1! :lol:

Have a nice day! :wink:

Bora Horza
x2

Post by Bora Horza » Fri, 12. Mar 04, 15:03

DarkSaber2k wrote:I heard that the amount of lottery tickets you buy has some influence on your chances for being accepted for the 'Do you like to gamble?' BBS missions.
I checked this out, I found a'gamble' mission and was refused, bought a lottery ticket and...

Ended up making about 500k in 20 mins ferrying my gambler friend around for a while.

(The 3 autosave slots really help here, don't have to worry about getting overwritten when you've no chance of making it - in the end I had 1 Mizura to get him to a station 5 sectors away!!!)
Bora Horza
Novas caught - 80
Rank - NST Enlisted Soldier
Title -

Fighter - 'Clear Air Turbulence' M3 Nova
Capturer - 'Attitude Adjuster' TP Iguana

veelad
x3tc

Post by veelad » Fri, 12. Mar 04, 15:24

Bora wrote
I checked this out, I found a'gamble' mission and was refused, bought a lottery ticket and...

Ended up making about 500k in 20 mins ferrying my gambler friend around for a while.
Yet another reason why its good to buy them lottery tickets :D

JackScratch
x2

Post by JackScratch » Fri, 12. Mar 04, 15:29

Yup the Gambler Missions make some nice money on the new patch. You just have to "Know when to fold Em" and decline once the deadline gets too short.

Oh Hell, I just quoted Kenny Rogers. Someone please run me over with a TL. Now. :oops:

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”