[X3AP] Atreus HQ bugged - Permanent Aggro

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Mythandrielle
x4

[X3AP] Atreus HQ bugged - Permanent Aggro

Post by Mythandrielle » Fri, 31. May 13, 22:21

Greetings fellow Privateers,

The bug started when the Boron were hostile, due to the "Bankrupt Assassin" start.

After gaining enough faction with the Bofu lovers (up to Queen's Protectorate), some Boron units were still Hostile, including the Laser Tower placed 5 kilometers directly underneath the Atreus HQ. I am not sure whether this laser tower is suppose to be there or not, because there's a jump-sat near there, as well and to my knowledge jump sats are unique to each game.

So, when I commanded my salvage logistics freighter to collect wares in the sector in which the Atreus HQ is at, i think the laser tower fired upon the freighter, so the freighter fired back, and the station must have proximity aggro'd if there is such a thing. Whatever the case, the Atreus Station went aggro. Then The Hub mission was started, and the station briefly lost aggro towards the player (me) - after roughly 2 minutes it reverted to being aggro.

All that being said, I am meticulous about keeping the game client vanilla - It is as pure as pure can be, and I would like to avoid using the script editor, as it would defeat the purpose of playing it vanilla.

A solution to this problem I figured would be to hack the station, however I wonder if there is another non-script-editor work-around?

Thank you for your time.

jkjklkl
x3ap

Post by jkjklkl » Fri, 31. May 13, 22:36

Jump in an M8 or M7M and launch enough missiles to blow the station, then jump the ship out before the missiles hit. The station is destroyed without you taking the rep hit for the kill and will respawn blue to you.

Mythandrielle
x4

Post by Mythandrielle » Fri, 31. May 13, 22:45

jkjklkl wrote:Jump in an M8 or M7M and launch enough missiles to blow the station, then jump the ship out before the missiles hit. The station is destroyed without you taking the rep hit for the kill and will respawn blue to you.
Your a genius. Simply brilliant! Thanks

See, this is why I love X3 - "emergent game-play" at it's best.

Each bug and workaround, a "feature" by it's own right.

Mythandrielle
x4

Post by Mythandrielle » Fri, 31. May 13, 23:37

Hey folks, good news:

A hacker just happened to be in the very same sector. That fixed the problem quite well. Without further ado, I parked a M5 at the station.

TTD
x4

Post by TTD » Fri, 31. May 13, 23:39

I hope that does not break the Hub mission.

Else if you have the hub in your control,you could link it to a pirate station and hope for a Station Hacker.

BurningMan
x3ap

Post by BurningMan » Sat, 1. Jun 13, 13:30

TTD wrote:I hope that does not break the Hub mission.

Else if you have the hub in your control,you could link it to a pirate station and hope for a Station Hacker.
Station hack missions can be offered at any station not just pirate bases.

@OP i would use the M7m/M8 trick to destroy the hostile Lasertowers so this kind of stuff won't happen to you again.

Mythandrielle
x4

Post by Mythandrielle » Sat, 1. Jun 13, 16:22

BurningMan wrote:
TTD wrote:I hope that does not break the Hub mission.

Station hack missions can be offered at any station not just pirate bases.

@OP i would use the M7m/M8 trick to destroy the hostile Lasertowers so this kind of stuff won't happen to you again.
Aye, the hacker was even in a boron station right next to the Atreus HQ.

And yeah.... I already blew up that laser tower out of sheer contempt for it's audacity :evil:

I explained to Atreus HQ that I was debugging their hardware. :P

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”