[X2] Is There A Way To Mass Set Relations To All Your Ships?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Verahta

[X2] Is There A Way To Mass Set Relations To All Your Ships?

Post by Verahta » Fri, 31. May 13, 23:49

Sometimes my ships get into shooting wars with my allies and the relations get set from Friend to Foe.

Is there a way to mass set all my ships back to Friend when this happens?

I have tried to do it in the control screen on the players help menu, then hitting "transmit to properties/ships/etc" but it doesn't do anything. It's really annoying have to go manually ship by ship changing the settings myself. Especially if you have dozens of fighters with the wrong settings :evil:

Verahta

Post by Verahta » Sun, 2. Jun 13, 21:30

Anybody happen to know? I would appreciate it.

greypanther
x3ap

Post by greypanther » Sun, 2. Jun 13, 22:16

The transmit to all ships etc command, from global commands, has always worked for me. If its not for you, I would see what in the background is causing a problem with allies. Otherwise the menu thing should work. :)

That is for clarification:
The Personal icon > Advanced option > Global commands.
Pray that there's intelligent life somewhere up in space
'Cause there's bugger all down here on Earth

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Sun, 2. Jun 13, 22:25

@ greypanther: Is that facility in X2: The Threat?

@ Verahta: I think there is little response yet because the X2 players are not lurking here at the moment.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

greypanther
x3ap

Post by greypanther » Sun, 2. Jun 13, 22:29

Sorry I missed that in the title. :oops:

Cannot remember at all.
Pray that there's intelligent life somewhere up in space
'Cause there's bugger all down here on Earth

Sam L.R. Griffiths
x4

Post by Sam L.R. Griffiths » Sun, 2. Jun 13, 22:38

I just had a quick look at X2 and although I have seen reference to global friend or foe settings I can not remember how to access them.
Lenna (aka [SRK] The_Rabbit)

"Understanding is a three edged sword... your side, their side... and the Truth!" - J.J. Sheriden, Babylon 5 S4E6 T28:55

"May god stand between you and harm in all the dark places you must walk." - Ancient Egyption Proverb

"When eating an elephant take one bite at a time" - Creighton Abrams

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Sun, 2. Jun 13, 23:04

When in space, press Enter. A menu opens and has a "Player" tab. Same/similar menu you can see, when docked. There is Command console e entry. That opens the global settings menu.

Top of menu lists the races and their firend/foe setting. I believe that every new property of yours inherits settings from here. Bottom of menu has some commands, one being Transmit to all reachable properties. When I just did test it, the global defaults (top of menu) did got copied to ships and stations in other sectors.

So, adjust the globals first and then transmit. Then again, you probably have sane defaults there, so transmitting them should do the right thing ...
Goner Pancake Protector X
Insanity included at no extra charge.
There is no Box. I am the sand.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”