Station operations on ships docked inside your carrier

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

eugene123
x3tc

Station operations on ships docked inside your carrier

Post by eugene123 » Mon, 3. Jun 13, 05:16

If you dock a carrier to a station such as a shipyard or equipment dock, is there a way to:

1. Upgrade ships docked inside your carrier without undocking them from the carrier
2. Move a docked ship from the carrier directly to the station (and back), without making the carrier leave the station.

I'm asking because if you, say, bought 10 fighters for your carrier and going through a round-galaxy shopping trip to mass upgrade them with various devices, it's very cumbersome to get each and every one of them leave the carrier and be docked and undocked with the station, while the carrier needs to be outside. Especially with screwy in-sector docking logic, which means that if you order many ships to dock with a station at the same time, there is a good chance some of them will crash trying. It would be much easier if you could just dock the carrier and perform operations on ships docked inside the carrier (or have a quick way to move them from station-docked carrier to station itself)

werewolves?
x4

Post by werewolves? » Mon, 3. Jun 13, 05:52

Broadcast to docked ships works pretty well, I do it oos so no crashes.

I just fully fitted out a raptor full of eclipses, took about 5-10 minutes, including travel time.

eugene123
x3tc

Post by eugene123 » Mon, 3. Jun 13, 06:24

Ok. Do you have a favorite sector list for a "full monty" loadout? I know Getsu Fune is a nice place to start, but they lack jumpdrive and some other things.

werewolves?
x4

Post by werewolves? » Mon, 3. Jun 13, 10:04

I play AP so use the mass loadout function at shipyards but all the good missiles/weapons/wares seem to be covered by Argon Federal Shipyard: Legends Home, Argron Federal Shipyard: Cloudbase South-East and the Split Shipyard at Zyath's Stand.

The round trip covers almost every load out. I use the supershipyards with linkied equipment docks since they have unlimited docking so I can send a whole carrier load of fighters at once. I normally send the fighters to the shipyard and then the carrier can go to the equipment dock and sell them the weapons to mass equip the fighters.

Can't remember if the Split Shipyard has EBC/ammo, I think I used the CEO's Sprite one that is linked to a Military Base for that. But I mostly use HEPT/PAC for my fighters - the AI seems to like that the best.

Lone Jedi
x3tc

Post by Lone Jedi » Mon, 3. Jun 13, 12:12

werewolves? wrote:I play AP so use the mass loadout function at shipyards but all the good missiles/weapons/wares seem to be covered by Argon Federal Shipyard: Legends Home, Argron Federal Shipyard: Cloudbase South-East and the Split Shipyard at Zyath's Stand.

The round trip covers almost every load out. I use the supershipyards with linkied equipment docks since they have unlimited docking so I can send a whole carrier load of fighters at once. I normally send the fighters to the shipyard and then the carrier can go to the equipment dock and sell them the weapons to mass equip the fighters.

Can't remember if the Split Shipyard has EBC/ammo, I think I used the CEO's Sprite one that is linked to a Military Base for that. But I mostly use HEPT/PAC for my fighters - the AI seems to like that the best.
EBCGs & ammos are Teladi only.
I live in my Vidar.

Laser hit efficiency: 97% @190,499 shots
Missile hit efficiency: 97% @4,204 missiles fired

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”