Complex hub

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Klo_Kla
x3ap

Complex hub

Post by Klo_Kla » Mon, 3. Jun 13, 08:23

Why for the love of god the complex hub is constructed anywhere but not where it has been placed??? It is really maddening :evil:

Sam L.R. Griffiths
x4

Post by Sam L.R. Griffiths » Mon, 3. Jun 13, 08:34

In general, that only happens in conditions where the collision detection code kicks in. Personally, I have had no problem placing the complex hub where I want it to be.
Lenna (aka [SRK] The_Rabbit)

"Understanding is a three edged sword... your side, their side... and the Truth!" - J.J. Sheriden, Babylon 5 S4E6 T28:55

"May god stand between you and harm in all the dark places you must walk." - Ancient Egyption Proverb

"When eating an elephant take one bite at a time" - Creighton Abrams

Klo_Kla
x3ap

Post by Klo_Kla » Mon, 3. Jun 13, 08:55

Thank you. Everything is clear for miles. The only thing nearby is ore asteroid few kilometres away. I can drop mine on it and tow it tow it away ...

Sam L.R. Griffiths
x4

Post by Sam L.R. Griffiths » Mon, 3. Jun 13, 09:39

Make sure you are not trying to place the complex hub too close to your stations, generally speaking I typically place the complex hub 5-10km away from my first pair of stations (e.g. 5km East and 5km Down). Then providing that you always select your complex hub first when connecting to other stations/complexes the hub will not be moved.
Lenna (aka [SRK] The_Rabbit)

"Understanding is a three edged sword... your side, their side... and the Truth!" - J.J. Sheriden, Babylon 5 S4E6 T28:55

"May god stand between you and harm in all the dark places you must walk." - Ancient Egyption Proverb

"When eating an elephant take one bite at a time" - Creighton Abrams

Klo_Kla
x3ap

Post by Klo_Kla » Tue, 4. Jun 13, 00:39

Complex hub is 5-10 km away from nearest station???? You gotta love spaghetti! :lol: I personally build tight complexes with stations placed at 50 meters precision, usually at minimal distance between them. After building nice and tidy plex; a hub that sticks out at weird angle connected by gigantic 10 km tube - just robs you of the satisfaction.

[venting mode on] Why there are collision avoidance at all? There are no collision avoidance (almost) when regular stations are placed. They could be dropped on top of another station or ship. Dropped it on mine few times :) I guess gate is the exception... Collision avoidance seems to be irrelevant for regular station placement but kicks in with the hub. That just seems wrong. [/venting mode off]

Ripskar
x3ap

Post by Ripskar » Tue, 4. Jun 13, 00:43

Try placing the hub after the first couple of stations, then you can build towards the hub and wind up with a super-dense 'plex.
Do you miss dangerous pirates?
Try leading the target a little more...

ImageCobra Mk. III Cmdr.

TTD
x4

Post by TTD » Tue, 4. Jun 13, 01:37

Also remember that there are a minimum of 3x connecting tubes between each station or between hub and first station.

Also ,check this out...
http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?p=4035808

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”