Can't build the Valhalla at PHQ.

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Turbo12
x3tc

Can't build the Valhalla at PHQ.

Post by Turbo12 » Mon, 3. Jun 13, 20:47

Hi. I got a Valhalla and reverse engineered it. It took 5 days and 20 hs. :)
When I tried to build one I realized that all the materials needed add up to 550K storage space, which is more than the 500K the PHQ has. I added everything to the PHQ, except for some energy, but construction wouldn't start. So I gave up.
As the materials cost is proportional to reverse engineer/build time, I conclude that anything that takes more than 5 days and 6 hours is unbuildable!!

I consider this a bug. If you are allowed to reverse engineer it, why is it that you can't actually build it? And given the rarity of the Valhalla, losing one to find out is really annoying. :evil:

To Egosoft: please either reduce the build cost or don't allow the Valhalla to be reverse engineered (my preference, as it should be the best of the best!).

Has anyone actually built one at the PHQ?
Last edited by Turbo12 on Tue, 4. Jun 13, 05:38, edited 1 time in total.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Mon, 3. Jun 13, 20:51

Already known. Basically you may have chosen the wrong start to RE and then build the Valhalla in vanilla.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Turbo12
x3tc

Post by Turbo12 » Tue, 4. Jun 13, 05:02

So it's a feature, ok.
So the terrans can reverse engineer the Valhalla, but you can only get an overtuned Hyperion with a Commonwealth start. Fair enough! :)

Lone Jedi
x3tc

Post by Lone Jedi » Tue, 4. Jun 13, 08:03

You still got the blueprint for collection, so that's not too bad.
I live in my Vidar.

Laser hit efficiency: 97% @190,499 shots
Missile hit efficiency: 97% @4,204 missiles fired

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”