Transfering Marines

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Zalthum

Transfering Marines

Post by Zalthum » Wed, 5. Jun 13, 06:21

How do I transfer marines from one of my ships to another?

tuskenus
x3tc

Post by tuskenus » Wed, 5. Jun 13, 06:37

just like freight.

if you have transporters, just get the two ships within 5km of each other, and then select 'advanced -> freight exchange with' from either ship, then move the marines (they'll be at the bottom of your freight list)

if you don't have transporters on the ships (or 1 of them), dock both ships at a dock, and then do the above.

johntarmac
x3tc

Post by johntarmac » Wed, 5. Jun 13, 09:20

Don't forget to have Cargo Life Support on the receiving ship or your marines won't be happy campers.

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Wed, 5. Jun 13, 19:59

Also, only some ship types can carry marines. TS's, M8's, M3's, M4's and M5's can't carry them.
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

SIMON POPPLEWELL
x3tc

Post by SIMON POPPLEWELL » Wed, 5. Jun 13, 21:33

And always remember to transfer your marines before selling any boarded ships, otherwise it's a very expensive mistake. :shock:

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Thu, 6. Jun 13, 01:27

Another expensive mistake is transferring the Cargo Lifesupport System before transferring the marines. If you don't ask me if I've done this before, I won't have to lie. :lol:
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

SIMON POPPLEWELL
x3tc

Post by SIMON POPPLEWELL » Thu, 6. Jun 13, 11:45

Nanook wrote:Another expensive mistake is transferring the Cargo Lifesupport System before transferring the marines. If you don't ask me if I've done this before, I won't have to lie. :lol:
:rofl:

erm...I've not done this before...honest. :lol:

Sovereign01
x4

Post by Sovereign01 » Fri, 7. Jun 13, 12:55

SIMON POPPLEWELL wrote:
Nanook wrote:Another expensive mistake is transferring the Cargo Lifesupport System before transferring the marines. If you don't ask me if I've done this before, I won't have to lie. :lol:
:rofl:

erm...I've not done this before...honest. :lol:
And no, I don't think of you as an idiot :wink:

Turbo12
x3tc

Post by Turbo12 » Sat, 8. Jun 13, 17:42

Also, NEVER use CLS2 to transfer marines, as all marines from both ships will disappear.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”