Kha'ak ships...

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Echofinder
x3tc

Kha'ak ships...

Post by Echofinder » Thu, 6. Jun 13, 04:50

So I have the mod "Improved Kha'ak" which adds Kha'ak ships back to AP, I recently salvaged a few and there was the command "Lay Eggs" in the additional ship commands menu and...

Long story short there's now a bunch of interceptors, fighters, and corvettes just itching to go and murder something. Every fighter pilot knows the horror of facing Kha'ak corvettes.

Assuming I can salvage the required equipment for these things, are they any good in OOS and combat against capitals?

TTD
x4

Post by TTD » Thu, 6. Jun 13, 10:27

I enjoyed flying Kha'ak ships in X2.
You had cockpits back then,and it gave you a complete different experience in Kha'ak ships.
Too long ago to remember details , but the unique lasers were very effective.

Gomezie
x4

Post by Gomezie » Thu, 6. Jun 13, 11:40

without a mod I managed to fully fit a corvette with beta kyons in ap 3.0.. it was quite lacklustre

Gamma kyons might be better

Klo_Kla
x3ap

Post by Klo_Kla » Fri, 7. Jun 13, 02:20

A bit off topic... There are Kha'ak start in X3 Reunion. It is a ton of fun! Is Kha'ak start available in TC and AP?

Fensus
x3ap

Post by Fensus » Fri, 7. Jun 13, 07:47

Klo_Kla wrote:A bit off topic... There are Kha'ak start in X3 Reunion. It is a ton of fun! Is Kha'ak start available in TC and AP?
maybe in Xrm or some other mod but i dont think so in vanilla.

TTD
x4

Post by TTD » Fri, 7. Jun 13, 12:48

No, not in vanilla.

You might be able to rig one up with my second link in my sig

Klo_Kla
x3ap

Post by Klo_Kla » Sat, 8. Jun 13, 00:19

Thank you! That is a good link.

Kha'ak start is simple - you start in the random sector Kha'ak M3 with no money. And everyone hates your guts. As much as they could. Try to survive :) To sweeten the pill - other Kha'aks still love you :)

If you have a masochistic streak - try DiD :) :)

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”