M7M Split Cobra trouble

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Dogmeat55

M7M Split Cobra trouble

Post by Dogmeat55 » Fri, 7. Jun 13, 04:39

I'm some what new to the game, I started playing Albion Prelude a few weeks ago and just got my first Capitol ship the M7M Split "Cobra",

I'm having trouble finding some "Alpha Flak Artillery Array " or whatever the flak guns are that fit on the Cobra.
I have tried looking at most of the Split "equipment Docks" for them but no luck so far, was wondering where can they be found or if I'm just having really bad luck. I think I wasted 3-4 hours just looking around for them lol. :cry:

any help would be great!

Lukesharp
x3ap

Post by Lukesharp » Fri, 7. Jun 13, 05:50

Have you tried the encyclopedia? If you have been in a sector where they are available then they should be in your encyclopedia. Alternatively you could try looking on Roguey's website as it is an excellent source of info. However, as you only have rear turrets on the Cobra for missile defence, I personally would probably not use FAA.

Dogmeat55

Post by Dogmeat55 » Fri, 7. Jun 13, 08:04

O? what would you recommend over the FLAK? I figured it would be better to use against fighters and Missiles.

I keep forgetting about the encyclopedia thanks, But I'm even more confused now. Roguey's website says the Cobra can use the " Flak Artillery Array", but the Encyclopedia in game doesn't have the "Split" listed as being able to use it, I'm so lost now lol. :?

SIMON POPPLEWELL
x3tc

Post by SIMON POPPLEWELL » Fri, 7. Jun 13, 10:54

Both the flak weapons are not made by the split, you need to get FAAs from the Teladi. They have a heavy weapons station in the Teladi sector Seizwell.

Dogmeat55

Post by Dogmeat55 » Fri, 7. Jun 13, 22:26

Thanks SIMON!!! many hours in search of these FAA's and I have them lol.
Now to see how to get these puppies to fire on their own during combat.

Triaxx2
x4

Post by Triaxx2 » Sat, 8. Jun 13, 10:36

Open your ship command menu, and scroll down. You'll see turret commands. Since you're in a capital it has both Fight software built in, so you have all the turret commands available. Lower class ships need the software before they'll have the full array of commands available.
A Pirate's Revenge Completed Now in PDF by _Zap_
APR Book 2: Best Served Cold Updated 8/5/2016

The Tale of Ea't s'Quid Completed

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”