So I heard you like Missiles

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Dogmeat55

So I heard you like Missiles

Post by Dogmeat55 » Sat, 8. Jun 13, 07:14

So I noticed Mosquito Missiles are a dime a dozen, and I can find thousands of those all over the place. however I have only bought less then 30 Flail Barrage Missile, and about 4 Hammer Heavy Torpedos.

Trying to get a descent amount of missiles so my ship can be combat ready
Is there a place where I can buy more of these two types of missiles?

Decius3895
x4

Post by Decius3895 » Sat, 8. Jun 13, 07:48

Ya Mostly Player Owned Factories

there bit expensive to get a good amount of Missiles but its worth the few hrs of using the market for creditzz to beable to buy and use the Factories with said race through Missions of Combat or Trade.

I happen to have a complex now with 6 Flails . 3 Mosquito , 5 Hammerhead Torpedo. Factories and am working on more to start my own Stockpile for my M7 / M7M ships.

Totally around 100mil credits . to semi self Sustained

Dogmeat55

Post by Dogmeat55 » Sat, 8. Jun 13, 08:09

Ah, it's what I thought, I just got a Cobra and haven't really used it yet because a of lack of missiles. been playing the game for a few weeks now. an was hoping I would be able to get into a REAl fight lol.

I don't know a thing about getting a factory up.

So why do factions even have Hammer head Missile Factories if they never build any?

Sabrina Bergin
xr

Post by Sabrina Bergin » Sat, 8. Jun 13, 08:59

check them to see what they are short of resource wise and supply them, with a docked freighter to buy the product works for me
When traveling pause occasionally, look back and enjoy the moment again.

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Sat, 8. Jun 13, 15:48

There is no Real Fight in M7M. :split: Emptying your cargobay from outside of the scanner range of any foe is hardly a "fight".

Mosquitos are nice: they are abundant, missile defence uses them, and I like to tickle ships in order to get them to fly to me.

Playing TC, I have the Xenon Hub host a CAG that collects missiles from all NPC Forges.
Goner Pancake Protector X
Insanity included at no extra charge.
There is no Box. I am the sand.

Tohron
x3tc

Post by Tohron » Sat, 8. Jun 13, 16:40

jlehtone wrote:There is no Real Fight in M7M. :split: Emptying your cargobay from outside of the scanner range of any foe is hardly a "fight".
Not always, I've found I can get better efficiency against Xenon I's if I unload my Hammers at point-blank (think that makes it harder for the I to use Mosquito Defence) - so getting in a real fight with an M7M can be more than just a handicap. Busting through a gate blockade is another instance where an M7M may face actual risk.

On-topic, I'll refer to another of my posts: If you want to quickly get more missiles, go to Ceo's Sprite, make sure the Military Outpost is stocked with Flails, Hammers, and/or Tomahawks (you can sell directly there, or dock at the shipyard, go to "equip" the ship and sell the missiles there), then buy 10 Vulture Superfreighters and go to "equip multiple ships".

Buy all of the missiles in stock, then sell 1 of each (since each freighter sells one, there are now 10 missiles of each type in stock) - then switch to buying, and buy each freighter the max (10) of each missile. Repeat until you have enough missiles.

SIMON POPPLEWELL
x3tc

Post by SIMON POPPLEWELL » Sat, 8. Jun 13, 18:34

M7Ms are extremely missile hungry so it's best to invest in your own missile production, ten factories of each should be enough to get the ball rolling.

Dogmeat55

Post by Dogmeat55 » Sat, 8. Jun 13, 19:11

Well then, time for me to learn how to build missile factories :cry:
just when I felt like I could start a fight with someone, NOPE lol.

Earth Ultimatum IV.
x4

Post by Earth Ultimatum IV. » Sat, 8. Jun 13, 19:18

Seriously man, don´t play M7Ms, unless you want the boarding achievements or you are a coward & noob in one person. It´s sooo overpowered, it makes the game extremly boring.

Instead of that, take a ship which you like, and learn to play with it! Do you like how Python looks? Titan? Ray? Why don´t you take it then? :D Actually, it doesn´t matter which ship you take, just learn to play with it properly. :D

But if you want to get more missiles without building, find some sectors with factories that produce them, place satellites here and check the stations time-to-time.

Dogmeat55

Post by Dogmeat55 » Sat, 8. Jun 13, 19:24

I just spent 6 days getting this ship and you tell me not to use it, only been playing the game for a few weeks. so ya i would be kind of a noob at this game lol.

Sovereign01
x4

Post by Sovereign01 » Sat, 8. Jun 13, 19:43

Whether you think they're OP or not, they're still a necessity for boarding operations :D

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Sat, 8. Jun 13, 19:54

In other words: gather Boarding pods.

Fly next to a civilian TL with a M6. Tell the M7M to board. Shoot the shields down, and keep them down until the Marines get into the ship. Wait. Say "Sorry, a misfire" to local police. Return marines to M7M. Rinse and repeat elsewhere.
Goner Pancake Protector X
Insanity included at no extra charge.
There is no Box. I am the sand.

Dogmeat55

Post by Dogmeat55 » Sat, 8. Jun 13, 20:45

ya I'm waiting for my Marines to finish training. I wanted a M7M for what Sovereign01 said. i figured I should get one of those first and slowly build up more ships for my self.

By the way thank you all for the tips and help. I'm new to this game but loving it, sometimes I want to pound my head on the desk because I get confused with it sometimes. :evil:

Sovereign01
x4

Post by Sovereign01 » Sat, 8. Jun 13, 23:11

I should have asked, are you playing TC or AP? Because that has a big effect on marine training times and availability of M7Ms, since in TC you have to get to max OTAS rank to get the Sirokos, but in AP you don't. And also, marines train a lot faster in TC.

Lone Jedi
x3tc

Post by Lone Jedi » Sat, 8. Jun 13, 23:39

Earth ultimatum IV. wrote:But if you want to get more missiles without building, find some sectors with factories that produce them, place satellites here and check the stations time-to-time.
Why do you have to check from time to time when CAGs can automatically buy for you?
I live in my Vidar.

Laser hit efficiency: 97% @190,499 shots
Missile hit efficiency: 97% @4,204 missiles fired

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”