AP (P)HQ questions [SPOILERS]

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

eugene123
x3tc

AP (P)HQ questions [SPOILERS]

Post by eugene123 » Sat, 8. Jun 13, 11:22

1. What's the difference, if any, between the player HQ you get in the HQ plot, and the corporate HQ you get in the Corporation Troubles plot? According to http://roguey.co.uk/x3ap/help/guides/ , Once you complete Breaking Grounds you get your own sector and can move both HQs there - if you do, will they work exactly the same (Except differnet look) or is there some functional difference?

2. When people say "PHQ" are they referring to specifically the HQ from the HQ plot (as opposed to Coporate HQ) or is it a generic term that can refer to either HQ?

3. http://www.x3wiki.com/index.php/Valhalla says that it's rare but possible to capture a Valhalla in AP, but it can't be reverse-engineered because PHQ doesn't have enough space. Does the same apply to the Corporate HQ, or is it actually possible to build a Kyoto there?

I'm not yet at a phase where I use the above items, but I like to be able to look forward to long-term goals, so it's interesting to see these questions answered.
Last edited by eugene123 on Sat, 8. Jun 13, 22:51, edited 1 time in total.

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Sat, 8. Jun 13, 11:30

if you do, will they work exactly the same (Except differnet look) or is there some functional difference?
No, they won't work the same. The HQ you get in the Corporation Troubles Plot is a Corporation HQ like the ones the big companies (Terracorp, OTAS, Plutarch, NMMC etc.) own. It's basically an equipment dock with huge storing space.

2. PHQ refers to the Player Headquarters you get in the HQ or the Operation Loose Ends plot.

3. As mentioned above, the Corporate HQ cannot be used to reverse-engineer ships. The Terran PHQ from the Operation Loose Ends plot, which is only available with Terran starts, has enough cargo space for all wares needed to build the Valhalla.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

Roguey
x4

Post by Roguey » Sat, 8. Jun 13, 12:44

hey eugene123, ive updated the guide to include a small amount of text about the station now (I knew id have to add it when writing the guide). Hopefully it will explain about the station.

ps. the link to the guide has an extra coma, leading to a 404. be great if you could fix it :)
Roguey's Site: X3TC, X3AP, X3FL, X4.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”