Figther Drones Protection

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

hsung
x3tc

Figther Drones Protection

Post by hsung » Tue, 11. Jun 13, 14:51

In X3TC, if TS ships carried fighter drones, they will automatically defend the TS ship when attacked.

I can't remember or find a command to activate this in X3AP. Can someone remind me how to do this?

Cheers.

heratik
x3tc

Post by heratik » Tue, 11. Jun 13, 14:54

I have a feeling that the ability to autonomously buy and use fighter drones is dependant on pilot rank of a Sector/Universal trader.

euclid
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by euclid » Tue, 11. Jun 13, 14:55

Activation is needed only if you fly the ship yourself. Sector/universe trader ship will eject drones automatically.

Cheers Euclid
"In any special doctrine of nature there can be only as much proper science as there is mathematics therein.”
- Immanuel Kant (1724-1804), Metaphysical Foundations of the Science of Nature, 4:470, 1786

ajax34i
x4

Post by ajax34i » Tue, 11. Jun 13, 14:57

It's automatic, if the TS is operating under a trade script (Trade Mk3 or the Logistics scripts), has drones in its cargo, and has the Fight Software installed (not sure whether mk 1 is sufficient or mk 2 is required).

SIMON POPPLEWELL
x3tc

Post by SIMON POPPLEWELL » Tue, 11. Jun 13, 16:24

Only TS class ships will automatically deploy drones for defence unless the ship is using the trade scripts or CAG/CLS.

hsung
x3tc

Post by hsung » Wed, 12. Jun 13, 06:17

Thanks for your responses. I now remember only one of my TS ship had the Trade S/w Mk3, but the drones were activated on other ships without the software, inclining the TM?

SIMON POPPLEWELL
x3tc

Post by SIMON POPPLEWELL » Wed, 12. Jun 13, 10:15

hsung wrote:Thanks for your responses. I now remember only one of my TS ship had the Trade S/w Mk3, but the drones were activated on other ships without the software, inclining the TM?
TMs won't use drones unless it's a MK3 trader or you are using the CLS scripts, having basic trade software installed won't have the ship use drones.

Kirlack
x3tc

Post by Kirlack » Wed, 12. Jun 13, 10:50

And even the Mk3 or CLS traders will require Fight Command Software. Just having the trade softwares won't make it happen ;)

SIMON POPPLEWELL
x3tc

Post by SIMON POPPLEWELL » Wed, 12. Jun 13, 11:23

Kirlack wrote:And even the Mk3 or CLS traders will require Fight Command Software. Just having the trade softwares won't make it happen ;)
Goes without saying, you can't setup a MK3 trader without it.

Kirlack
x3tc

Post by Kirlack » Wed, 12. Jun 13, 12:58

But you can a CLS ;) They just go idle whenever there's hostile contacts along their route.

SIMON POPPLEWELL
x3tc

Post by SIMON POPPLEWELL » Wed, 12. Jun 13, 19:10

Kirlack wrote:But you can a CLS ;) They just go idle whenever there's hostile contacts along their route.
Why would you bother? If you are used to using advanced trading scripts putting on fight command software is a standard piece of equipment. :)

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Wed, 12. Jun 13, 19:13

SIMON POPPLEWELL wrote:
Kirlack wrote:And even the Mk3 or CLS traders will require Fight Command Software. Just having the trade softwares won't make it happen ;)
Goes without saying, you can't setup a MK3 trader without it.
Of course you can. Since TC, all you need on a MK III trader is Trade Command Mk III software. You don't even need shields, like you did in the 'old days'.
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Wed, 12. Jun 13, 20:20

Ordinary navigation commands, aka the auto-pillock, will execute a routine, if the ship is being attacked. On TS ships this routine will launch Drones, if the ship has any. This has nothing to do with any "trade script".

The Trade Mk3 did replace the "under attack" routine with its own version.

The CAG and CLS did replace the "under attack" routine with their own version. They definitely buy replacement, if they have to use their drones.

The X3TC did a major overhaul on auto-pillock, increasing the usage of Jumpdrive, and adding restock functionality (for fuel and ammo, etc). It is up to the Trade Mk3 and CAG/CLS to make use of base routines or supply their own.
Goner Pancake Protector X
Insanity included at no extra charge.
There is no Box. I am the sand.

Berserkenstein
x3tc

Post by Berserkenstein » Wed, 12. Jun 13, 22:56

jlehtone wrote:Ordinary navigation commands, aka the auto-pillock, will execute a routine, if the ship is being attacked. On TS ships this routine will launch Drones, if the ship has any. This has nothing to do with any "trade script".
If you were using a TS ship to transport freight drones from your factory, if it had a full load of 15,000 or so cargo units of drones would it dump them all or is there a limit?
I'll see you on the other side!

Kirlack
x3tc

Post by Kirlack » Wed, 12. Jun 13, 23:36

I doubt it would dump more than 20, since that's the most that Mk3s or CAG/CLS pilots usually carry. And they don't often seem to dump all of those in one go, they seem to drop enough to get away, and keep the rest for the next encounter.

hsung
x3tc

Post by hsung » Wed, 12. Jun 13, 23:54

What is CLS?

Cheers.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”