TC: Something amiss in Aldrin.... Maybe....

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

AA0154
x3tc

TC: Something amiss in Aldrin.... Maybe....

Post by AA0154 » Wed, 12. Jun 13, 08:11

I bought 10 decas in Aldrin and sent them out to all the shops in the sector. I made sure to dock one at each Base and weapons factory.

I got frustrated looking at the five ships at the top of my ship list so I went in and removed each one from the list.

Issue is, I went back and tried to view the inventory of the spots they were docked at but am unable to see up to date info.

So, question is, if you remove a particular ship from the list, do you also lose the ability to see the inventory where they were parked?

If so, how do you make the ship visible again on the ship list?

Thank you!

TTD
x4

Post by TTD » Wed, 12. Jun 13, 09:51

How did you remove from the list.?
If you used the settings,far right collum of properties,then go back there and set to "yes"
If you used the ship menu then highlight the station and find the ship landed.
go to ship menu and reset.

Geek
Moderator (Français)
Moderator (Français)
x4

Re: TC: Something amiss in Aldrin.... Maybe....

Post by Geek » Wed, 12. Jun 13, 13:36

AA0154 wrote:So, question is, if you remove a particular ship from the list, do you also lose the ability to see the inventory where they were parked?
You also need the trading system extension on the ship you are flying, in order to see remote information.
Right on commander !

ajax34i
x4

Post by ajax34i » Wed, 12. Jun 13, 15:53

First, from what you're describing it sounds like the ships are no longer where you think they should be. Ships at a station CAN get ejected if enough NPC's request to dock at the station, and most stations only have 5 docking bays.

Second, there are a few ways to hide ships from the list:

1. In each ship's command console, you toggle Hide from View to Yes. This makes them disappear from the list, but if you go into the Options tab for the list and set "Don't show hidden ships = No" that's a double negative but the ships re-appear, in grey color.

2. In the Options tab for the list you can choose to not display all ships of a certain type, such as all TS or all M3. You have to switch that option back to Yes to have the ships re-appear.

3. You can assign the ships to a wing, and then in the list Options choose to NOT display wings. This will hide the ships, but there is a separate tab for all your wings and the ships will appear there. Basically you're moving them to a different window.

4. If you have a station or TL or other capital ship with hangar slots, you can assign it as a homebase for each ship (in each ship command console). And you can set the list options to NOT display ships with a home base. This removes the ships from the list, but you can click on the station or the TL and choose "View Owned Ships" and get the list there.

I use option 4 for traders. They are assigned to the supply TL that I have. This removes them from the list, and I also can easily tell if I still have 20 or if some have been killed by pirates. Because the TL says "Owned Ships: 20." The TL will also start flashing red if any of the traders get attacked.

EDIT: If the ships seem to be gone, look at your character personal log. If you see "Your ship X has been destroyed in sector Y by Pirate Nova Raider." you'll know. If the entire station that they're docked at gets destroyed by pirates, it may not say anything. I always try to put a satellite outside stations where I park ships, so I can see the outside area to see if there are pirates attacking the station.

AA0154
x3tc

Post by AA0154 » Wed, 12. Jun 13, 17:37

Thank you for all the responses. Here is what happened:

1) I completed the Terran plot line and had access to Aldrin. I really wanted a Springblossem and Spitfyre. I know from reading this forum that EEMPCs were hard to come by and the factories can vanish.

2) I went straight to the shipyard in Aldrin and bought 10 decas. Using the coordinates on the forums, I sent them out to all the factories and unknown bases in Aldrin.

3) After I found everything, I docked one ship at each of the weapons plants and the unknown bases so I could watch for when they had EEMPCs to buy and maybe keep them from vanishing. I sold back the remaining 5 decas.

4) I got tired of looking at the 5 ship at the top of my ship list, so I went into the command control section for each ship and changed the "show on ship list" to "no".

5) I went back later to check to see if there was any stock to buy. I could not look at the inventory of the factories. I thought a ship parked at a station acted like a satalite and allowed you to press "u" and see their wares.

6) So I figured it might have something to do with me removing them from my ship list. But no matter what I check or uncheck in the options tab, I can not get them to pop back up.

Not a big deal since know have a tanker flying from location to location buying anything that comes avaible but I figured I would toss this out for yall to review. I am 90% sure it is user error, but you never know. :)

Thanks!

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Wed, 12. Jun 13, 18:41

As mentioned above, do you have the Trading System Extension installed in your own ship? Without that, you can't see inventory numbers or prices. And an FYI, all you need is a single ship, station or satellite in a sector to see the inventories in all the stations in that sector. You do not need a ship parked at each station for that purpose.

When you access one of those stations, do you see the ship parked there? Changing the setting in the properties menu won't affect whether you can see the ship in a station, only the ability to see it in the property list. If you don't see the ship in the station, then something is amiss. Go into your property screen/options and reset the hidden ship flag to 'no' so that you can see where these missing ships are located.
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”