No Starburst Shockwave Cannon forge

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

thatguyfromvienna

No Starburst Shockwave Cannon forge

Post by thatguyfromvienna » Thu, 13. Jun 13, 15:14

Now this is hard luck - I don't seem to have any SSC forges available in my game.
x3tc.ru mentions one in either Jupiter and Mars but I guess I've scanned both sectors end to end without finding anything.
The forges aren't on sale either so what am I supposed to do now?

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Thu, 13. Jun 13, 15:26

Which game?

GoD tends to extinguish Terran Forges in TC. Some plot makes some Forges buyable.

Nurturing the Terran economy might inspire a positive "GoD event".

Almighty RNG can act in another way too; Xenon ships may get some, and drop some.
Goner Pancake Protector X
Insanity included at no extra charge.
There is no Box. I am the sand.

thatguyfromvienna

Post by thatguyfromvienna » Thu, 13. Jun 13, 15:35

OK.
Going on a Xenon killing spree in 3... 2... 1...

Thanks!

StarSword
x3tc

Post by StarSword » Thu, 13. Jun 13, 17:24

As jlehtone alluded, there's a tried-and-true method for getting the Terran economy and factories back.
  • Drop a cheap M5 on every remaining factory. This will help keep the GoD engine from deleting them.
  • Get together about two dozen MK3 traders in faster freighters (think Caiman, Mercury, Mistral, TMs, big bay M6) and train them up to rank 10.
  • Place two or three every couple of Sol System sectors.
  • Check the place every once in a while to see if factories have reappeared and drop an M5 on ones that do.
TC unless otherwise specified. | Find me on Steam! | My X3TC Links | X and X Rebirth @ TVTropes

thatguyfromvienna

Post by thatguyfromvienna » Thu, 13. Jun 13, 22:57

OK - so I'm off annihilating Xenons while baby sitting those darn dependent Terrans. :evil:

Thanks for all the valuable input, Gentlemen!

thatguyfromvienna

Post by thatguyfromvienna » Fri, 14. Jun 13, 04:07

Woah! Wait! I just came up with something so full of awesome!

If a forge should ever be built again - can't I just capture the TL transporting it, thus freeing the poor little forge from being dependent on the economically extremely challenged Terrans?

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Fri, 14. Jun 13, 19:38

Sure, if you can find the TL. But you'll either need to be very lucky, or very focused and observant. There's no telling when, where, or even if, that will happen. I wish you luck. :D
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

InFlamesForEver
x3tc

Post by InFlamesForEver » Fri, 14. Jun 13, 20:08

Wait if you cap a TL with a factory in it then you get the factory? Are factories not like other wares that get destroyed when boarding?
In Flames We Trust
Listening to Whitechapel soothes the soul!! :D     ¹ ¤ ¹      But, the nuns are watching...
Samuel Creshal wrote:Keyboards: What separates the men from the boys.
XRM Trailer - XRM Installation Guide Video

thatguyfromvienna

Post by thatguyfromvienna » Fri, 14. Jun 13, 23:31

Oh. Right. I knew there had to be a catch to this.
But then again... Terran space is quite small. I have everything covered with Sats. And only TLs transport factories.
So I think if I put a Kestrel in every Terran sector and have a quick look at the sector maps a few times an hour and then have my Kestrels scan all oddly moving TLs, I should have a fair chance catching it. Right? Yes?

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Sat, 15. Jun 13, 00:21

InFlamesForEver wrote:Wait if you cap a TL with a factory in it then you get the factory? Are factories not like other wares that get destroyed when boarding?
The factory always stays. :D
thatguyfromvienna wrote:...
So I think if I put a Kestrel in every Terran sector and have a quick look at the sector maps a few times an hour and then have my Kestrels scan all oddly moving TLs, I should have a fair chance catching it. Right? Yes?
AI ships can't scan other ships and tell you what's there. That's something that has to be done by the player, in person.
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

thatguyfromvienna

Post by thatguyfromvienna » Sat, 15. Jun 13, 00:35

Nanook wrote: AI ships can't scan other ships and tell you what's there. That's something that has to be done by the player, in person.
Gnaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh!
Thanks for bursting the bubble! ^^

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Sat, 15. Jun 13, 00:40

Bad Bubbles need Bursting. :mrgreen:

thatguyfromvienna

Post by thatguyfromvienna » Sat, 15. Jun 13, 00:57

You're right, Mom. :D

bizbag
x3tc

Post by bizbag » Sat, 15. Jun 13, 01:03

thatguyfromvienna wrote:
Nanook wrote: AI ships can't scan other ships and tell you what's there. That's something that has to be done by the player, in person.
Gnaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh!
Thanks for bursting the bubble! ^^
Even worse, the Terrans don't sell a police license, so it's always a rep hit to scan in their sectors!

thatguyfromvienna

Post by thatguyfromvienna » Sat, 15. Jun 13, 01:07

You guys have an arrangement there trying to discourage me, right? :lol:

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Sat, 15. Jun 13, 01:24

Not at all. We just show you how utterly evil those Terrans really are. Oh, wait ...

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”