Seeking/Requesting a Mod for "command" collection of Marines after boarding attempt

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Juvante

Seeking/Requesting a Mod for "command" collection of Marines after boarding attempt

Post by Juvante » Fri, 14. Jun 13, 18:48

I've searched for a while and I can't find anything on the search engine about collecting marines in space after a failed boarding attempt via commands and not just manually flying into them one by one.

I want to change the behavior of the marines entirely. They do not return to the ship on their own but you have to collect them one by one by flying into them, this can be a really painful and slow process especially during combat. Having to collect 20 marines when you are under attack from a fleet of xenon is unrealistic and ridiculous.

This isn't a mod for laziness but was motivated when I saw the marines actually flying away from my ship as if they wanted to stay as far away from me as possible.

I was tweaking their file and increased their speed to 60-70m/s so they didnt sit around the capital ship twiddling their thumbs for 20 minutes before boarding.

This had an unintended effect after they jumped out of the enemy ship, they'd turn their afterburners on and fly away into deep space at 160m/s. Thus making manual collection completely impossible.

I don't see any way of recalling them or contacting them via comms. Can someone please work on a script to fix this problem? I would appreciate it. I don't want a mod that changes anything else but just allows me to communicate with my marines.

Vayde
x3tc

Post by Vayde » Fri, 14. Jun 13, 19:27

Look Here

Dr B, please send the usual payment :P
Still life in the old dog yet...

Juvante

Post by Juvante » Fri, 14. Jun 13, 21:49

Sounds interesting but not exactly what I was looking for. I am fine with how the boarding is handled in the game currently, I just need a command to call back the marines.

When they fail an attempt at boarding, they leave the ship and float away from me. This can be chaotic during battles and can cause you to lose 5 star marines from being forced to bail out of the sector.

Considering how much time and money you have to spend on marines, leaving them to die in space is not acceptable. I just need a simple command to tell them to spacewalk to my ship. I don't understand why this isn't already in the game.

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Sat, 15. Jun 13, 01:12

Teleporter safely collects any astronaut (including marines and plot characters) using the Transporter Device. Range is 10km.
  • (In the future, Teleporter may be enhanced to include other objects.)
Last edited by DrBullwinkle on Sat, 15. Jun 13, 14:53, edited 1 time in total.

Vayde
x3tc

Post by Vayde » Sat, 15. Jun 13, 14:38

:? Checking emails again and reading carefully.

EDIT: AHA! I'll get right on it.
Still life in the old dog yet...

Juvante

Post by Juvante » Fri, 21. Jun 13, 22:33

DrBullwinkle wrote:Teleporter safely collects any astronaut (including marines and plot characters) using the Transporter Device. Range is 10km.
  • (In the future, Teleporter may be enhanced to include other objects.)
Hey thanks again DrBullwinkle, I had to go away for awhile so I wasn't able to follow up and test the script. You're a credit to the community.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”