I swear to god I'll never buy another non-advanced satellite!

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

FuryFlex
x3tc

I swear to god I'll never buy another non-advanced satellite!

Post by FuryFlex » Fri, 14. Jun 13, 21:43

Earlier in the game, when I wasn't swimming in credits, I used standard NavSats to help me run my MORTs (manually operated remote traders). Now I've tried everything to get the "Deploy Satellites" command to lay down advanced sats in the sectors that already have standard ones. Some sectors it will, but many sectors, it won't.

I'm having to manually pick up (or shoot, depending on my mood) all my old satellites and replace them with advanced ones, since AFAIK there's no way to retrieve or destroy a satellite from OOS.

The sad thing is, I think I remember saying this very thing to myself a couple of years ago when I last played. Maybe next time I'll actually remember...

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Sat, 15. Jun 13, 00:38

You need to give it different coordinates than the satellites that are already deployed. If you have the original ones at, say, 10 km above the ecliptic, then tell the ship to deploy them at, say, 10 km below.

The script is designed to keep the ship from duplicating its efforts, but it also allows it to deploy multiple satellites in the same sector on different passes.
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

FuryFlex
x3tc

Post by FuryFlex » Sat, 15. Jun 13, 01:02

So is there some tolerance? Because I always set the location manually with the numpad keys, so I know I'm not precisely duplicating the position, which I thought would be enough. If instead I need to make sure they're different enough, then that's good to know. Thanks!

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”