Slight CAG Problem

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Grape
x3ap

Slight CAG Problem

Post by Grape » Sat, 15. Jun 13, 18:08

I have 2 CAG Pilots working out of the same station (L Ore mine CloudSE). They are only using small cargo ships (can fit 400 Ore) to maximise runs and to act as a training base for CAG.

I have left them for a fair while now and they have both reached Major Dealer status, and to be honest i'm quite happy to leave them there for a while as i have no need of any new CAG at the moment.

What i have noticed though is that both CAG simply refuse to sell Ore in CloudSE even though the stations are crying out for it (buying @ 205). I have tried various things, swithching them to a 0 minimum jump, switching the station to a 2 jump range for trading (just so they could still collect energy from a few places) and yet they would still do a 1 jump hop to sell Ore at a station which is paying less for it. I have checked the stations that are wanting the Ore, they are all full on other resources, and i mean full! and just require the Ore to get them operating again.

Anyone have any ideas at to why the CAG are acting this way? I am also reluctant to put in another ship there on a basic "sell for best price" as it would still use the trading radius of the station which the other 2 CAG need purely for energy runs.

Thx in advance.

TTD
x4

Post by TTD » Sat, 15. Jun 13, 23:23

Have you given them Ore on their list of products to sell.?

Just a shot in the dark.

Station trade range should be wide enough to cover your desired sectors. Ship jump range should be set at 1 min,iirc

Usually CAGs start of just buying resources,but later you can tell them to sell products.

Try putting in a normal TS on sell at best price, Ore ,sector range,and see what happens.

Alternatively check to see if any enemiews are IS or in the sector you want them to trade with.
They won't venture where they have enemies,so also check their F/F settings.

Grape
x3ap

Post by Grape » Sat, 15. Jun 13, 23:57

Both CAG are as high as they can go with the Major Dealer status so the problems that the Apprentice face with them only being able to buy is not really an issue. They both only have Energy and Ore in the "Ware" list and are quite happy to sell/buy in any sector apart from the one where the mine is.

No enemies in sector, CloudSE is a fairly safe place and my reputation is excellent throughout Argon Space. I'm not sure how i can get a normal TS on "sell for best..." to just stick to the one sector, as once its homebased at the Ore Mine to collect the Ore does it then not go by the station setting range?

I dont think F/F really applies, only trading going on with this particular game for me, regarded as a "Nuisance" due to being run into by 2 ships :P and with my so called favourite ship being the Express i'm not really up for alot of dogfighting :D

If the normal TS can be restricted to the one sector and not be controlled by the station range, even though its homebased there then i have not found out how to do that as yet so any pointers would be greatly appreciated.

bizbag
x3tc

Post by bizbag » Sun, 16. Jun 13, 00:49

Grape wrote:Both CAG are as high as they can go with the Major Dealer status so the problems that the Apprentice face with them only being able to buy is not really an issue. They both only have Energy and Ore in the "Ware" list and are quite happy to sell/buy in any sector apart from the one where the mine is.

No enemies in sector, CloudSE is a fairly safe place and my reputation is excellent throughout Argon Space. I'm not sure how i can get a normal TS on "sell for best..." to just stick to the one sector, as once its homebased at the Ore Mine to collect the Ore does it then not go by the station setting range?

I dont think F/F really applies, only trading going on with this particular game for me, regarded as a "Nuisance" due to being run into by 2 ships :P and with my so called favourite ship being the Express i'm not really up for alot of dogfighting :D

If the normal TS can be restricted to the one sector and not be controlled by the station range, even though its homebased there then i have not found out how to do that as yet so any pointers would be greatly appreciated.
My only guess at this point is that, once the jump drive is taken into consideration, it might be a shorter round trip to jump to another sector and sell there, than to fly directly from your factory to the others in CBSE. Therefore, they'd be going for a "closer" sale.

Grape
x3ap

Post by Grape » Sun, 16. Jun 13, 01:11

ah!

I never even considered the time it took and now that i have it seems totally logical that CAG would perform in this manner, chugging across sector has got to be low on the list in the whole "time is money" scheme of things.

I did try just a normal sell at best, that worked for a very short period untill it wandered off to the far reaches for an hour or so. I think i'm going to let those stations alone (they are NPC ones), if they dont sort them out so that they produce it only opens up further parts of the market for me :)

ty.

TTD
x4

Post by TTD » Sun, 16. Jun 13, 01:16

One of the the things I was taught as a salesman was "let every objection lead to a sale".
In other words,find the problem and make use of it.

So you are being positive about this problem and have seen a means for more profitsss.
May the Teladi reward you. :D

Lea Flamma
x3tc

Post by Lea Flamma » Sun, 16. Jun 13, 08:44

The answer for your problem can be increasing the desired sell price for your Ore. I used it to sell Nostrop Oil around Profit Center Alpha and some surrounding rather then further away. Had same problem with Jumping being faster then flying to the station, at least in PCA. But it seems to have solved the problem. Now I can sell for nearly highest price rather then just above avg.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”